For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Usher Hall gig

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:15 am

thought it was one of the best on the tour in terms of atmosphere, some were saying sound and security not great, but the sound was really good on Orianthi's side of the stage.

Think people were a little spoilt after Nottingham where there was no barrier.

Performance wise between Edinburgh, Nottingham, Wembley & Wolverhampton I thought they were all really good but the general consensus is Nottingham was the best show on the UK tour (unless Sheffield tops it) and it's hard to argue with that.

Not as good as Edinburgh Playhouse as a venue though, first night of Raise Your Fist And Yell UK Tour 1988 was better than last night, as good as this was.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Usher Hall gig

Post by VinceRaven » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:47 pm

It was certainly a great gig. The covers section, though clearly not a massive hit with the audience, works well stripped down to the four songs and flies by at quite a pace. The band really are superb.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Photos! I want to see all your costumes!
Was there anything special for Halloween?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Bring on Sunday! :rock:

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:06 pm

I thought that it was a great gig, the difference in Orianthi between this gig and last years is phenomenal, her stage presence has increased beyond compare and her playing is incredible. I thought the sound was really good although Alice was a bit quiet in parts but the band is so tight and the set list was superb. I thought 'he's back' was one of the highlights and really rocked, I can't believe that this hasn't been a staple part of the set list for years. I liked the stripped down approach. I LOVED the cover version section and would have liked the other two in there. My two companions loved that section and loved the whole gig. Great venue and everyone was very laid back. My only complaint would be that the t-shirts were a complete rip off at £25 and £30 pound.

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:06 pm

For a gig that I knew had little theatrics and four covers, I was blown away. Just amazing in terms of music and energy. The sheer musicianship of every member of the band means they are a joy to listen to, and their individual stage presence makes them a pleasure to watch.

See at the end of Dirty Diamonds, with the drum solo and then all the guitars centre stage and playing with synchronised movements - that was impressive.

Hello Hooray has grown on me over the years, great to hear it played live, and I'm glad Be My Lover and Go To Hell were back in the set. I caught Alice's cane at the end of the opening number too. Just everything I wanted from an Alice show - a great rock n roll party :-)

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Agreed, ive seen Alice live 14 times now and this was in the top 3. Heres a link to my pics. Feel free to add me if you want to see them.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 953&type=3
Boomshanka