Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Opening Night SPOILERS!!!!

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Diane D. wrote:
Rob wrote:I only hope this works better live than it does on paper, House of Fire hardly
a new addition that most fans had been looking forward to and 1 more track from W2MN and as for 6 covers ?,ok to pay tribute to the 4 longer with us and play 4 tracks maybe but not 6,the other 2 tracks could of been something from the new album or actually taken from the facebook poll (which now seems to have been a waste of time), only plus side is no OWB or ballad as such.Will reserve any more comments until I see the shows for myself next weekend.
:yawn:
House of Fire is great. Too bad there is no ballad... ::((: oh well...

I feel ya on the no ballad issue...if he was to drop Only Women Bleed which he did, then this would have been perfect to bring in 'Somthing to Remember Me By' by far one of the best tracks on the W2MN album.
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:29 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:
Diane D. wrote:
Rob wrote:I only hope this works better live than it does on paper, House of Fire hardly
a new addition that most fans had been looking forward to and 1 more track from W2MN and as for 6 covers ?,ok to pay tribute to the 4 longer with us and play 4 tracks maybe but not 6,the other 2 tracks could of been something from the new album or actually taken from the facebook poll (which now seems to have been a waste of time), only plus side is no OWB or ballad as such.Will reserve any more comments until I see the shows for myself next weekend.
:yawn:
House of Fire is great. Too bad there is no ballad... ::((: oh well...

I feel ya on the no ballad issue...if he was to drop Only Women Bleed which he did, then this would have been perfect to bring in 'Somthing to Remember Me By' by far one of the best tracks on the W2MN album.

Like I said the alice cooper of the Brutally live days would have ... wasnt scared to add in take it like a woman then .... and my Generation actually worked :laugh:

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:43 pm

I do agree...the Brutally Live setlist is the perfect combo of what an Alice setlist should be: a lot of new songs from the newest album (7 songs were performed), a few hidden gems (Drive me nervous, caught in a dream), the classics, even a cover (my generation) and a whole new stageshow...its a great formula that I would love to see again
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Wow, what negativity I can't recall seeing so many negative post's considering that hardly anyone has seen the show.

Let's not forget that the Coop is 64, lets also remember that from the minute the curtain goes up til the moment it comes back down, he is on the move continuosly, not like most singers who are stuck to the same spot all night! The strain on the man and his voice over a tour must be incredible. Give the kid a break....

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Oh dear, give Tampa a miss this year Alice and come back with tons of new stuff next year.

MrF33n3y
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by MrF33n3y » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:10 pm

FYI, don't expect a new show next year, the merch all said 2012-2013 last night. Most of what I have to say about the new show has already been said (This is coming from someone who was actually there).

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:37 pm

MrF33n3y wrote:FYI, don't expect a new show next year, the merch all said 2012-2013 last night. Most of what I have to say about the new show has already been said (This is coming from someone who was actually there).

It is pretty obvious the tour would go into 2013, couldn't see it just lasting 2 months.
But this could be just a 12 month tour and by this time next year we are hearing news about the 2013-2014 tour.

No need to drag this one on 18 months it will be good for a bit of fun but not a huge tour.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Billie1966 wrote:Any shot of the merchandise table? any new stuff?

danny~
Here ya go...

http://oi48.tinypic.com/2ajdifs.jpg

http://oi46.tinypic.com/ohanp.jpg
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:32 pm

old school vet wrote:Wow, what negativity I can't recall seeing so many negative post's considering that hardly anyone has seen the show.

Let's not forget that the Coop is 64, lets also remember that from the minute the curtain goes up til the moment it comes back down, he is on the move continuosly, not like most singers who are stuck to the same spot all night! The strain on the man and his voice over a tour must be incredible. Give the kid a break....
Covers are easier on his voice?

How was the crowd response to the covers? He feels like there are so many hits that he can't drop because he is scared of alienating the audience... I wonder the logic behind this move.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Lisacooper91 wrote:Here is a vid of The Congregation:
http://youtu.be/-S5fE3xCAPI
The crowd is totally going crazy and rocking out there lol Seriously, why is it Alice continuously has the absolute worst crowd imaginable ? they look like they would much rather be sitting at home watching soap opera rereuns.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

MrF33n3y
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by MrF33n3y » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:40 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:
old school vet wrote:Wow, what negativity I can't recall seeing so many negative post's considering that hardly anyone has seen the show.

Covers are easier on his voice?

How was the crowd response to the covers? He feels like there are so many hits that he can't drop because he is scared of alienating the audience... I wonder the logic behind this move.
Crowd response wasn't particularly good for the covers. Pretty decent before that though.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Good. Maybe he will rethink after a few shows. Ditch a couple covers and add something else.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:01 pm

If he shortened the covers section and added 3 more from W2MN I would accept that. 6 covers is just WAY too much I can completely understand why Alice Cooper fans that didnt check the set would be disappointed and think what the heck is going on when they hear cover after cover of songs they dont care to hear at an alice gig. Then you get Poison and Schools out to end.

Talk about falling asleep towards the end.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:07 pm

I would take that as a realistic set :evil:

I am Made Of You (live debut)
House Of Fire
No More Mr. Nice Guy
I'm Eighteen
Caffeine
I'll Bite Your Face Off
Be My Lover
Billion Dollar Babies
Runaway Train (live debut)
The Congregation (live debut)
Hey Stoopid
Dirty Diamonds (incl. drum solo)
Something To Remember Me By (live debut)
Welcome To My Nightmare
Ballad Of Dwight Fry
Go To Hell
Brutal Planet
Devils Food
Feed My Frankenstein

--------------------------
Covers section where Alice rotates every night
(3 songs here)

----------------------------
Poison
School's Out

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:23 pm

Well, give it a few shows, see what happens in the UK, and then form opinions. I see a lot of people saying "maybe he'll rethink," "maybe after a few shows," etc....but it's only been one. So, there hasn't been time for those things to happen yet.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Diane D. wrote:
Desperado22 wrote: It means that we can expect a full Welcome 2 my nightmare concert, in the future, maybe a full production with the Welcome to my nightmare original.
Sure. But it will have to wait until he's done the tour in which one third of the gig focuses on material from Along Came A Spider.

Why did nobody close to him, for example Shep Gordon, Bob Ezrin, anyone in fact, say "Alice, six covers? Do you really think that's a good idea?"

This honks. I'd imagine the best we can hope for is that over the next few dates the covers are reduced from 6 to 4 allowing another couple of decent originals into the set.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:34 am

VinceRaven wrote:
Why did nobody close to him, for example Shep Gordon, Bob Ezrin, anyone in fact, say "Alice, six covers? Do you really think that's a good idea?"

This honks. I'd imagine the best we can hope for is that over the next few dates the covers are reduced from 6 to 4 allowing another couple of decent originals into the set.
How do you know someone didn't? Then again, maybe they suggested it. And at least wait a few shows and see what happens. Perhaps he'll drop a cover and throw in another Coop tune, or one people have been asking for. And...perhaps he won't. Time will tell.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:11 am

I've posted my pics here for those who want to look at them...

http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... =slideshow

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:28 am

Thanks for the pics.

I think the setlist is ok. It contains a lot of songs that I've only ever seen live once or not at all. It's a shame we won't be getting a W2MN tour and that there are six covers but I'm still expecting a great show.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:37 am

It really is a fun show as all Alice shows are. While the covers wouldn't be my first choice of things to do, at least the covers section *is* something different.

How many acts are content to change out a song or two from tour to tour, if that, while Alice not only changes the music in the set, but has a stage show that gets significantly modified from tour-to-tour (ok, every other tour these days). There are 15(!) songs in this set that were not played on the 2012 NMMNG tour. How many acts in this day and age change their set that drastically?

Yes, I understand that it's not the slew of rarities we'd like, but still that is significant set change from tour-to-tour.

Perhaps they changed out as much as they could handle this time and come the 2013 version they'll adjust the set even further.