For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Opening Night SPOILERS!!!!

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:56 am

So, I know a few people that went to tonight's show. I'm sure that RemarkablyInsincere will give us a killer review, but another friend just texted me.

Included in the setlist were:
The Congregation
and
House of Fire!

And he opened with Hello Hooray...with pyro!

:rock:

There were 6 cover songs (done in full)
1 Beatles
1 Hendrix
2 Doors
2 Who

Revolution, Foxy Lady, My Generation, I can see for miles, Back Door Man, and Break On Through

The covers section started with a pre-taped intro by Alice.
Last edited by NotSoPerfect on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Opening Night SPOILERS!!!!

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:13 am

No new method of execution, but he apparently brought back the electrocution...which I think is cool. I've not seen it!

(Though, sounds like it wasn't exactly an execution per se, just getting electrocuted during FMF, and then FrankenAlice came out. RI can clarify.)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:56 am

Can't wait for a full review :rock:

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:41 am

I hope The Congregation and House Of Fire are not the only additions to the settlist (according to the Alice arsenal)...well ?

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:09 am

Hello Hooray
House Of Fire
No More Mr. Nice Guy
I'm Eighteen
I'll Bite Your Face Off
Be My Lover
Billion Dollar Babies
The Congregation (live debut)
Hey Stoopid
Dirty Diamonds (incl. drum solo)
Welcome To My Nightmare
Ballad Of Dwight Fry
Go To Hell
Brutal Planet
Devils Food
Feed My Frankenstein
Break On Through
Back Door Man
Revolution
Foxy Lady
I Can See For Miles
My Generation
Poison
---
School's Out

this is supposed to be the full setlist. It's a shame there arn't more Nightmare 2 songs but it's great to see Hello Hooray and House Of Fire in the set. If he was going to cover The Who I wish he'd have picked Won't get fooled again and Pinball wizard but oh well lol. Not an amazing setlist imo but there are some great songs in there. I'm very excited.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:22 am

::((:

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:24 am

Feezle-Nuts wrote:::((:
Not keen on the setlist?

I would really love to have seen DBBF and Runaway Train. Imo none of those covers are great choices. While they are good songs I think each band did much better songs than those.
And A Drink And A Smoke

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:49 am

It's the same old shit from Alice every year promises this and that and doesn't deliver. just 2 songs from the new album? why bother making records if you show no desire to tour it. He really needs to go back to 12 years ago and take a look at the Brutally live song structure.

No new exicution? no nightmare theme? no big theatrics? same old classics just in a different order? and 6 cover songs instead of the new album?

jeez alice really?

i'm sorry but alice is way beyond his best touring years because this would never have been his thoughts a decade ago.

not too disappointed im not seeing this tour ::((:

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:57 am

Not terrible... but not too impressive either IMHO. It's a mesh of Alice's previous setlist (save for a couple of additions) plus a covers section. That's literally it. I'm glad Hello Hooray is the opener again though. Oh well.

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:58 am

I get why he's doing the covers. He wants to pay tribute to his old friends. I appreciate what he's doing, it's just a shame that it's 6 less Alice songs we'll be getting for this tour.

Other than the covers I wouldn't say the setlist is that bad. At least he's decided to give Only Women Bleed a break lol. If he had to do these covers I wish he had picked better songs. This might just be me but I think there are much better Beatles and Who songs he could have picked. As for The Doors, I never cared for them.

No matter what, I am still very excited for this tour. Will be seeing it on the 27th. Alice, please add in at least one more track from W2MN lol.
And A Drink And A Smoke

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:11 am

It's late and I'm about ready to drop over so I'll just throw out what I can now. I'm sure I'll remember other things and comment later, but here are some details about the show.

That is the correct set list. As as you see there was no middle of the show "Nightmare" section as had been rumored.

Show wise, there are some nice touches throughout. At the beginning of the show, when the curtain drops there is a "pyro shower" of sparks raining down over top of Alice and the band.

Alice has some cool new costumes throughout. I took a lot of pics and hopefully got some keepers, but those will have to wait until I get home tomorrow.

Shockingly, there is no execution in the show... it's really a transformation from Alice into FrankenAlice during FMF. Alice climbs up himself onto a platform that has what look like transformers on the top of it and pyro and smoke go off and Alice disappears and out comes the FrankenAlice.

At the beginning of the RTD section, there is a voice over where Alice describes how he used to be part of the Hollywood Vampires and drank with these guys, etc. Then there are tombstones of each guy displayed on backdrop one by one as they play each artist. At this point, Alice is out of character. Honestly, I could do without this part of the show. I'm never a huge fan of seeing any of my favorite artists do covers, and my opinion is no different here. I was hoping that at least it would be presented in some creepy Alice type of way, but there are really no theatrical elements to it other than Alice putting on John Lennon style glasses during "Revolution". I think Ori shines the most in this section as she really gets to show off her chops.

I think there are several different backdrops used throughout which change from time to time. Also, during WTMN and BODF I thought the way it was played with the guitar with an effect on it sounded really really cool.

I also thought the lighting... or the way it was used in the show... looked pretty cool at various times with multiple spots on Alice during BODF and when he came out for WTMN. The show has a an overall feel of a high quality production.

There's also a big pyro ending at the end of the show.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:16 am

Another curtain drop? Was rather hoping for something different now. Oh well, it's not my show.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:17 am

Thanks for the review. I look forward to seeing the pictures. :)
And A Drink And A Smoke

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:20 am

Any great excitement at seeing Alice on Halloween night in my adopted home town has now gone. That set list isn't good. Six covers is such a bad idea and the choice of originals is not what I'd call inspired.

danielleV
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by danielleV » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:35 am

I am really happy TBODF is back. For me his most beautiful song. Cant wait to see the rest in London.
I am never deceived by Alice...exept by the shortness of the show..i would love it x2 time.
"I know Danielle!", Alice Cooper, Paris 2017

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:18 am

Bitch!! Bitch!! Bitch!!

Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:07 am

I only hope this works better live than it does on paper, House of Fire hardly
a new addition that most fans had been looking forward to and 1 more track from W2MN and as for 6 covers ?,ok to pay tribute to the 4 longer with us and play 4 tracks maybe but not 6,the other 2 tracks could of been something from the new album or actually taken from the facebook poll (which now seems to have been a waste of time), only plus side is no OWB or ballad as such.Will reserve any more comments until I see the shows for myself next weekend.
:yawn:
It must be true A_Michael said so

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:18 am

"House of Fire" was awesome live... loved hearing that. And "Hello Hooray" is my favorite opening song for Alice so it was good to see that one back. They're a great one-two punch to open the show.

I was surprised they removed "Caffeine" of all new songs to be honest.

Adding in "Be My Lover" and "Ballad of Dwight Fry" were cool as they are some of my favs... but this is probably the first Alice show I've ever seen that didn't have "Only Women Bleed".

I might have preferred something different than "Dirty Diamonds" back in the set so soon although it is a cool set piece.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

unfinished sweet
Trash
Trash

Post by unfinished sweet » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Booh. Poor set order. I can't stand House of fire or anything off of the trash album. If you're going to pay tribute to Keith Moon play Bell Boy or the Fiddle About/Uncle Ernie version from the Tommy movie which Keith sings on. Or for a more Alice related style do "Im a Boy". He's done that in the past. No execution! What's next, no make-up. I'll pass. And I've been a fan since 1973. Maybe I'll see Kiss, oh they kind of suck now too.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:55 pm

So... No W2MN-ish tour? What's the point of releasing a new album if you're not even going to tour it? And what happened to 'Caffeine'?

And 6 covers? No execution?
I'm glad Dwighty Fry is back though... But still... whut...? I am confused. Is this some kind of new way to 'shock' us fans?
The sanest days are mad.