Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Opening Night SPOILERS!!!!

Post by Diane D. » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Si wrote:
Diane D. wrote: Seems great! Love the fact that there are pyros. Good setlist. Remember that this concert is called ''Raised the Dead'', so, it's normal that they are not too many songs from Nightmare 2.
How can it be "normal" when there has never been a "raise the dead" tour before?!?
Diane D. wrote: It means that we can expect a full Welcome 2 my nightmare concert, in the future, maybe a full production with the Welcome to my nightmare original.
It means nothing of the sort.
O.K., Si, now that I am in my ''normal state'', and that I've put my English thinking hat, because sometimes I'm having a hard time finding the right words in English, since I'm French, I should have said that since ''Raise the Dead'' is the name of this present tour, to me, it is acceptable to see less songs of the Welcome 2 my nightmare album, and to see cover songs, because this show looks more like a regular show with some hits of Alice, other songs that we like and the tribute part, the covers of all those great artists, now sadly gone and missed, that's why they called it ''Raise the Dead'', but a few zombies would be fun, in my opinion.. And when I said ''It means'', I meant that we may expect a full production, more theatrical in the future, maybe, it would be great, but it's not the fans decision, it's Alice decision. And whatever show he does, I will always be a fan.
Last edited by Diane D. on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Wow! Just took a look at the photos and he really has cut the theatrics to a minimum. Looks like nobody else comes on stage at all and the show elements are Alice with a whip, sword, dollar bills, funny hats. I'm quite taken aback.

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:08 pm

VinceRaven wrote:Wow! Just took a look at the photos and he really has cut the theatrics to a minimum. Looks like nobody else comes on stage at all and the show elements are Alice with a whip, sword, dollar bills, funny hats. I'm quite taken aback.
That's all we need... a whip, a sword, dollar bills and funny hats.
[

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Devon wrote:Considering the work that went into the staging for that part of the show I do not know if I can see it going away.

This.

After looking at the photos, the tributes are part of the stage set. I don't see that going away. That's fine with me.

And I must say the costumes look fantastic.
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks for the pics RI. Loving the outfits, except for the weird boots at the beginning - very strange. Gold coat looks FAB, and I love the new hats.
Also slightly disappointed with the lack of W2MN stuff, but I will reserve judgement on the covers til I see em for myself. Roll on Cardiff.

edit : Having looked at the merch table, I don't think I'll be buying much. It's cheaper from AC.com, specially if you've got VIP, where you get a $50 voucher. (But only after constant nagging emails to Ground Control) Now, if they were gonna sell copies of the red stripe suit Alice is wearing, I'd defo be buying that...
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:17 pm

cherrypie wrote:Thanks for the pics RI. Loving the outfits, except for the weird boots at the beginning - very strange. Gold coat looks FAB, and I love the new hats.
Also slightly disappointed with the lack of W2MN stuff, but I will reserve judgement on the covers til I see em for myself. Roll on Cardiff.

edit : Having looked at the merch table, I don't think I'll be buying much. It's cheaper from AC.com, specially if you've got VIP, where you get a $50 voucher. (But only after constant nagging emails to Ground Control) Now, if they were gonna sell copies of the red stripe suit Alice is wearing, I'd defo be buying that...
You would like to buy that red stripe suit, Cherrypie? Would you wear it? Is red your color? Would it look good on you?
[

GNDM

Post by GNDM » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Ironically it may have been a safer choice to perform material from albums like Zipper catches skin, DaDa or Raise your fist and yell instead of covers. Because I think even casual fans prefer Alice doing his own material.
Have to disagree. The "casual fan" of Alice Cooper, knows nothing of DaDa or RYFY. The casual fan may even enjoy a popular cover song from 60's legends. At least THOSE would be familiar to a casual fan....unlike something from his more obscure albums. Casual fans and walk-ins, want to hear the hits from the original band, and Poison, and WTMN. True, hardcore fans may wish for other, lesser-known, songs. IMO, Alice walks a tight line between an oldies act and a current act. I give him props for doing it well.
Last edited by GNDM on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:18 pm

ThePainAddict wrote:Let's not forget that the Coop is 64, lets also remember that from the minute the curtain goes up til the moment it comes back down, he is on the move continuosly, not like most singers who are stuck to the same spot all night! The strain on the man and his voice over a tour must be incredible. Give the kid a break...
Mick Jagger, Brian Johnson, both older than Alice, don't stay still on stage, Ozzy, less than a year younger than Alice, he doesn't stay still either.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Diane D. wrote:
cherrypie wrote:Thanks for the pics RI. Loving the outfits, except for the weird boots at the beginning - very strange. Gold coat looks FAB, and I love the new hats.

You would like to buy that red stripe suit, Cherrypie? Would you wear it? Is red your color? Would it look good on you?
Of course it would. I would wear it to work, and people would gasp in amazement, and say things like 'We are not worthy'

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:25 pm

>except for the weird boots at the beginning

Do you mean the spats?

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:27 pm

yeah. Horrible :(

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:32 pm

VinceRaven wrote:Wow! Just took a look at the photos and he really has cut the theatrics to a minimum. Looks like nobody else comes on stage at all and the show elements are Alice with a whip, sword, dollar bills, funny hats. I'm quite taken aback.
Well we got even less theatrics on the Bare Bones/ Eyes Tour but it was still good.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:47 pm

cherrypie wrote:
Diane D. wrote:

You would like to buy that red stripe suit, Cherrypie? Would you wear it? Is red your color?
Of course it would. I would wear it to work, and people would gasp in amazement, and say things like 'We are not worthy'
Would like to see a picture of that...
[

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:51 pm

yeah. Horrible :(

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:02 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:
Mick Jagger, Brian Johnson, both older than Alice, don't stay still on stage, Ozzy, less than a year younger than Alice, he doesn't stay still either.
True. BUT, you also have to keep in mind that it VERY often seems that Alice has a busier touring schedule than many of those men/groups. I was just looking around the internet, and found a tour schedule for the Stones from '05. (and one on the same site from 97/98). The vast majority of the time, there are 2-3 days in between dates.
http://www.iorr.org/tour05/index.htm
And when there weren't those gaps, they tended to be staying at the same venue.

That means they're doing 2-4 dates in a week, where Alice often does 5-6. Just think of the Iron Maiden tour schedule. On the Maiden OFF days, Alice was sometimes slotting in his own headlining dates.

And I have a friend who was going to go to the cancelled Aerosmith show this past June. In an 11 day period, Alice did 7 shows (which more before that as his tour started earlier) and Aerosmith did 4. Alice kept going, and Aerosmith had to take a day off, as Steven's voice was already having issues.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:24 pm

Excellent point NSP, and quite agree, just stating my fact that because Alice is 64, he is not the oldest singer still going, there are some older, although declining in number.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:37 pm

Oh, definitely. All of those guys that you mentioned move around the stage like crazy!!

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:28 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:What was the point of the Facebook vote?
The point was to give fans a voice. Someone has to go to bat for the fans to provide needed ammo when the set was being pieced together to try to slide in songs that fans really wanted to hear. Understand that there are songs that Alice HAS to play, because promoters and fans expect to see them. So, that takes some variety out of the set. This show has a covers section, and like it or not Alice can pay tribute to his friends if he wants to. But, that being said that's now less room for variation as well, which is indeed frustrating when constructing a setlist. But I think given the circumstances and the input, Alice did pretty good off the bat. Some perspective...

#1 - Poison - IN THE SET
#2 - Bed Of Nails - A great song, but Alice won't play this live due to it's lyrical content.
#3 - He's Back - Was REHEARSED, and sounded great. Was in the set up until show day. May still see this one.
#4 - School's Out - Classic, can't loose this one
#5 - Nice Guy - Same as School's Out
#6 - Frankenstein - IN THE SET
#7 - Dwight Frye - IN THE SET
#8 - Hell Is Living Without You - Great suggestion and was DISCUSSED.
#9 - Love's A Loaded Gun - Another good suggestion that was DISCUSSED.
#10 - Might As Well Be On Mars - Yet another good one.
#11 - House Of Fire - IN THE SET
#12 - Hey Stoopid - IN THE SET
#13 - Steven - Tried to do a Steven/I Am Made Of You medley, but it didn't work without the piano. It WAS rehearsed though.
#14 - Generation Landslide - Personally I'd love to see this one.
#15 - Welcome To My Nightmare - IN THE SET

The point is, 9 out of the top 15 are in the set, but EVERYTHING in the top 15 was actually discussed. Several were surprises. He's Back for example was high on the list and was rehearsed a LOT, but it wouldn't have ever been considered without the poll. Same goes for Loaded Gun, Mars and Hell Is Living Without You. Those are songs that aren't on the "go to" list of songs when setlists are being put together. But now they will be, because we know fans want to hear them.

Believe me, the powers that be read this forum. Alice hears you. And if something isn't working in the set, he's not going to leave it there. There's been one show, and there will be many more. Plenty of time to make changes if they are warranted. Step away from the ledge folks. Lets see where this one goes

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:39 pm

How do you know all that, Alicebackstage? How do you know that some songs have been rehearsed? Are you from Alice'screw? From where you take your perspective?
[

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Diane D. wrote:How do you know all that, Alicebackstage? How do you know that some songs have been rehearsed? Are you from Alice'screw? From where you take your perspective?
Alicebackstage would be Alice's personal assistant. He knows of what he types.