Alice Cooper article (very mild spoiler about the tour)

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Re: Alice Cooper article (very mild spoiler about the tour)

Post by old school vet » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Mestreeh wrote - Any new songs (covers or never played songs) have my interest. Let's wait and be surprised.

There is no point in trying to second guess what Alice is going to do next, which is one of the main attractions with him, you never know whats coming next. He is very clever at dropping little gems for everyone to run off with just look at all those ideas listed in this thread alone.

Let;s wait and be surprised indeed!!!!

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Mr. Skull wrote:
VinceRaven wrote:I've pretty much convinced myself that a section of covers is exactly what we'll be getting. I really hope I'm wrong.
That would not be
AN ENTIRELY NEW CONCEPT
, so don't worry.
Good point. I'm really excited for this tour. I can't wait to find out more about this mysterious third act.
All Of My Life Was A Laugh And A Joke
And A Drink And A Smoke
And Then I Passed Out On The Floor

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:42 am

I prefer to wait for the surprise. Don't want to see any spoilers.
It's like going to a movie with someone who saw that movie before, and that person will tell you the end of it. No fun... And I know... I don't have to read this spoiler thread, if I don't want to know.
[

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:46 am

I'm intending to not look at spoilers this year. Last year I gave into temptation, so this year I will force myself not to look lol. I'm seeing Alice on the 27th so I won't have to resist for long.
And A Drink And A Smoke

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:18 am

Desperado22 wrote:I'm intending to not look at spoilers this year. Last year I gave into temptation, so this year I will force myself not to look lol. I'm seeing Alice on the 27th so I won't have to resist for long.
Great! Enjoy!
[

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:57 am

Desperado22 wrote:I'm intending to not look at spoilers this year. Last year I gave into temptation, so this year I will force myself not to look lol. I'm seeing Alice on the 27th so I won't have to resist for long.
Same here. Going to the show in Wolverhampton on the 25th, flying to England on the 23th and not owning a smartphone will hopefully help me to avoid spoilers. But it's going to be very hard not to look at this site from the 19th on...

schinkengott
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:00 pm

You have no smartphone ?? Amazing :x

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:12 pm

mestreech wrote:You have no smartphone ?? Amazing :x
:laugh: Neither do I! Just got an iPod touch last year, but that depends upon available wi-fi.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Not going, so looking at spoilers will not affect me.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Diane D. wrote:
Great! Enjoy!
And A Drink And A Smoke

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:45 am

Desperado22 wrote:
Diane D. wrote:
Great! Enjoy!
You're welcome, Desperado22!
[

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:52 am

schinkengott wrote:
Same here. Going to the show in Wolverhampton on the 25th, flying to England on the 23th and not owning a smartphone will hopefully help me to avoid spoilers. But it's going to be very hard not to look at this site from the 19th on...

schinkengott
You have a great show, too, Schinkengott!
[

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:20 am

Diane D. wrote:
schinkengott wrote:

schinkengott
You have a great show, too, Schinkengott!

Thank you Diane!
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:04 pm

VinceRaven wrote:I was afraid that part of the new show would be a showcase for the supposed new covers album. Off the top of my head, dead friends could include Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, John Lennon, Keith Moon etc. These names could easily provide the basis for a set of covers that would be better suited to one of these Albert Hall shindigs or the like.

I really, really hope this isn't what happens. I've now made up my mind to check out a setlist or two before the show I'm going to so I can at least prepare myself for that eventuality should it happen. One or two covers I can live with, a whole bunch of them will be a major disappointment.
I see that new article confirms these precise names. Sometimes there really is no pleasure in being correct. Still, on the bright side, if it's only four songs it shouldn't drag the show down too much.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:24 am

I look forward to these songs.
I always complained Alice does too many the same songs over and over and now he's doing at least 4(the covers) or probably more (W2MN) so I'm not complaining at all.
The more new songs the better :rock: :clap: :clap:

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:39 am

mestreech wrote:I look forward to these songs.
I always complained Alice does too many the same songs over and over and now he's doing at least 4(the covers) or probably more (W2MN) so I'm not complaining at all.
The more new songs the better :rock: :clap: :clap:
Exactly

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:45 am

I am kind of surprised with the "looking forward" and "wait and see" comments. For me, this is a huge disappointment. As much as would have loved to see some songs taken out, like most, I was hoping for bringing back some neglected songs. I would much rather hear any Alice song, no matter how many times I have heard, than to hear him do some of the covers that have been suggested. The only covers I think he has succeeded on have been the obscure ones (Hello, Sun Arise, Talk, Talk, etc.). Kind of like when I heard he was adding Caffeine, not high on my list of songs from W2MN. They still rocked it well, but I would still have prefered many other songs. All that said, I still have no doubt that it will be a great tour. I saw a shortened set with Maiden and felt Alice still was a hands down better show. Clearly I am biased, but I would take Alice doing all covers over any other act on the road.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:54 pm

ThePainAddict wrote:I am kind of surprised with the "looking forward" and "wait and see" comments. For me, this is a huge disappointment. As much as would have loved to see some songs taken out, like most, I was hoping for bringing back some neglected songs. I would much rather hear any Alice song, no matter how many times I have heard, than to hear him do some of the covers that have been suggested. The only covers I think he has succeeded on have been the obscure ones (Hello, Sun Arise, Talk, Talk, etc.). Kind of like when I heard he was adding Caffeine, not high on my list of songs from W2MN. They still rocked it well, but I would still have prefered many other songs. All that said, I still have no doubt that it will be a great tour. I saw a shortened set with Maiden and felt Alice still was a hands down better show. Clearly I am biased, but I would take Alice doing all covers over any other act on the road.
I completely echo those sentiments exactly. People moan when he does the 'hits' but at least there Alice songs. Don't get me wrong I can't wait for the tour to begin but 8 (EIGHT) cover tracks ::((:

Not saying it wont be good cause its Alice but I wanna hear Bed of Nails, Hes Back, Roses on White Lace, Long way to go, Sun arise, Fantasy man, Sex Death and Money! Wind up Toy!!! etc etc. So much potential with his own tracks. I could deal with four covers at a push - but 8!! I like Hendrix, I like Who, I like Lennon, Doors I could take them or leave them although Morrison has a great voice but I love Alice. An hour and half gigs never enough so to cut it down to an hour of 'pure' Alice. It might drive me insane!

Desperado22
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Desperado22 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:31 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
ThePainAddict wrote:I am kind of surprised with the "looking forward" and "wait and see" comments. For me, this is a huge disappointment. As much as would have loved to see some songs taken out, like most, I was hoping for bringing back some neglected songs. I would much rather hear any Alice song, no matter how many times I have heard, than to hear him do some of the covers that have been suggested. The only covers I think he has succeeded on have been the obscure ones (Hello, Sun Arise, Talk, Talk, etc.). Kind of like when I heard he was adding Caffeine, not high on my list of songs from W2MN. They still rocked it well, but I would still have prefered many other songs. All that said, I still have no doubt that it will be a great tour. I saw a shortened set with Maiden and felt Alice still was a hands down better show. Clearly I am biased, but I would take Alice doing all covers over any other act on the road.
I completely echo those sentiments exactly. People moan when he does the 'hits' but at least there Alice songs. Don't get me wrong I can't wait for the tour to begin but 8 (EIGHT) cover tracks ::((:

Not saying it wont be good cause its Alice but I wanna hear Bed of Nails, Hes Back, Roses on White Lace, Long way to go, Sun arise, Fantasy man, Sex Death and Money! Wind up Toy!!! etc etc. So much potential with his own tracks. I could deal with four covers at a push - but 8!! I like Hendrix, I like Who, I like Lennon, Doors I could take them or leave them although Morrison has a great voice but I love Alice. An hour and half gigs never enough so to cut it down to an hour of 'pure' Alice. It might drive me insane!
I agree. I'm still really excited about the tour but I would much rather Alice stick to his own material. I wouldn't have minded a couple of covers but 8 is a bit much. Still, he's gotta do what makes him happy.
And A Drink And A Smoke

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:52 am

I never thought I would say this but 8 cover songs may very well see me die of boredom for the very first time at an Alice gig, especially being the closing set? what a downer that will be.

All I can hope is the opening act is really good, and the nightmare section will be really theatrical and contain a lot of songs from the new album as well as all the original classics.

Still cant seeing it working 8 is way to many cover songs, should have been 4 only and close with another 4 classics.

at this stage I aint too disapointed I dont have tickets for any of the current dates.