For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

hallowedbemyname
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

LiveNation vs. Official Site?

Post by hallowedbemyname » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:40 am

I'm planning on getting tickets for the LA show, and I see that LiveNation is having a pre-sale on 6/21 and the official site says their pre-sale is on 6/22. Does anyone know if the seats available from the official site will be better? I'm trying to decide if my best bet is to just grab them on Thursday or if holding out until Friday is a better option.

Thanks!
Yelling at fathers, screaming at mothers...

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Re: LiveNation vs. Official Site?

Post by sparkinthedark » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:11 am

Far as I know the best seats (ie. Front rows) will have been allocated to the official site to sell and Live Nation / Ticketmaster's allocation will be further back. This was certainly the case when the UK shows went on sale last week.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:30 pm

I have always gotten better seats off the official website.
Boomshanka

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:57 pm

I agree with sparkinthedark and James1981. Usually the official site presale does get the best seats in the house... So it's always worth a try.

But, if the Live Nation presale starts first... Why don't you just give it a try and check out what seats they have on offer (in case you can find out before actually buying them, of course). If it's no good, you can still wait for the AC.com presale...

hallowedbemyname
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by hallowedbemyname » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:33 pm

Thanks everyone! I think I'll just peek at the LiveNation pre-sale but probably hold off and just get them from the official site. I'm assuming the official site pre-sale starts at 10 AM too? I don't see a time anywhere.

frontrowjunkie
Killer
Killer

Post by frontrowjunkie » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:27 am

hallowedbemyname wrote:Thanks everyone! I think I'll just peek at the LiveNation pre-sale but probably hold off and just get them from the official site. I'm assuming the official site pre-sale starts at 10 AM too? I don't see a time anywhere.
According to AC.com it starts 10:00 am local time:
http://alicecooper.com/latest/news/new- ... -622-43917

hallowedbemyname
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by hallowedbemyname » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:01 am

Ahh thanks I completely missed that! It's been one of those days haha.

Mike Drew
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Mike Drew » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:17 pm

I have always purchased my tickets via ac.com since they started doing it....But to be honest....on most occasions its real grief if you are Q ing and getting them in your hand before doors open...Yes they have always come through...but nearly always at the last minute..not enjoyable....I would say..If its seated get them from ac.com because they usually get the front.....if its standing...get them from anywhere that posts them out before the show....you will enjoy the day better......
"Its Only Rock N' Roll But Its Expensive"

www.michaeldrew.co.uk

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Mike Drew wrote:I have always purchased my tickets via ac.com since they started doing it....But to be honest....on most occasions its real grief if you are Q ing and getting them in your hand before doors open...Yes they have always come through...but nearly always at the last minute..not enjoyable....I would say..If its seated get them from ac.com because they usually get the front.....if its standing...get them from anywhere that posts them out before the show....you will enjoy the day better......
Yes, I'd agree with that. You never know quite what time you will be able to pick up the tickets...and if it's standing and you neeeeed to be at the front, it's all very stressful.....
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:43 pm

I've gotten amazing seats through the official site to many shows.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

hallowedbemyname
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by hallowedbemyname » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:36 am

Well the seats were supposed to go on sale at 10 AM tomorrow but for some reason I decided to look tonight and they've already gone up :( Now the best is 10th row. I'm pretty disappointed, but guess there isn't much I can do about it now.

Mike Drew
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Mike Drew » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:27 am

"I've gotten amazing seats through the official site to many shows."

I agree...and am very grateful that they provide this chance...But
I would like to add.....If it where not for Si being in the que and having a hotline to Toby etc...I truly think there would have been several occasions when we would not have got tickets in our hands before doors open........Rendering a day of queuing worthless!.....maybe i'm out of touch but,whats so hard about them posting out tickets prior to the tour,they have our cash for months in advance..If its about money,i'd gladly pay a bit extra for this service.....
"Its Only Rock N' Roll But Its Expensive"

www.michaeldrew.co.uk

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Mike Drew wrote:"I've gotten amazing seats through the official site to many shows."

I would like to add.....If it where not for Si being in the que and having a hotline to Toby etc...I truly think there would have been several occasions when we would not have got tickets in our hands before doors open........Rendering a day of queuing worthless!.....maybe i'm out of touch but,whats so hard about them posting out tickets prior to the tour,they have our cash for months in advance..If its about money,i'd gladly pay a bit extra for this service.....
I've not had the issues you mention, however the real benefit of ordering tickets through AC.com are for the great reserved seats they offer. There is no advantage to ordering general admission seats through them as far as I can tell other than maybe a slightly better price.

So, given what you describe, I would just get GA tickets through another avenue in order to have them in hand.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Mike Drew wrote:"I've gotten amazing seats through the official site to many shows."

Yeah, gotta agree with you on all counts
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:28 am

AC.com should always have the best tickets. I believe it's part of the contract with the promotors/venues and when there is a issue reported Toby often steps in to try and fix it for us (the fans).

I concur with everyone else though, buy seated shows from AC.com and standing shows from somewhere else (preferable the venue direct as it's often cheaper). Until AC.com actually send out tickets for shows or guarentee you can get them well before doors open (which they can`t always do because of venue politics) it could always be a nightmare come door time when useless venue staff don't understand the situation, or are simply unwilling to be helpful (see Alexandra Palace).

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:13 pm

FWiW, I've bought tickets from AC.com for three shows now. The first two times, the tickets were mailed to me (though not until just a week or so before the show). This most recent, they were held at Will Call, and they were there. I did take my receipt just in case, but had no problem at all. And the seats were great in all cases.

All of those shows were reserved seating. The Louisville show last week was General Admission, and AFAIK, AC.com didn't sell tickets for that (other than VIP tickets). But as has been stated, for General Admission, I'd buy my tickets in such a way that I'd know I'll have it long before show date.

Hunter

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:20 pm

The problem is, for many on this site, is they don`t send out tickets for UK (and probably european) shows. If I recall in the past they have charged for tickets to be sent but in the end they never are. Now it's all willcall.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Sounds like Ground Ctrl doesn't have a European presence, maybe?

I've been spoiled by AC.com....

And they've been cheaper, too, as they haven't had all of the Ticketmaster add-on fees.

Hunter

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:42 pm

It seems like there's no rhyme or reason as to when tickets are mailed vs. will call for US shows.

Dayton and Bethlehem are will call. As of now Pittsburgh is supposed to be mailed to me, but last year that was the case with Akron and somewhat late in the game they switched over to will call.

Just make sure you have your receipt. The one thing weird about the Ground Ctrl receipt is it doesn't actually specify the city/show on it which makes things interesting when I've had multiples printed out and I've had to go back and verify to make sure I had the proper one. Now I write the city on there when I print them.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:44 pm

SickThings wrote:I've been spoiled by AC.com....
Yes, I'm still amazed at the seat offerings by AC.com... all the credit in the world to Alice and management for taking care of the fans.