Post by mestreech » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:43 am

And where are the other European dates ??? :/

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Re: UK Halloween dates announced

Post by Sarah » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:20 pm

mestreech wrote:And where are the other European dates ??? :/
I'm sure there'll be more announced soon. Plenty of space to fill in September!

I've really loved travelling over to the UK to see him the past couple of years... I hope he'll pay another visit to Dublin as well, though.

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:53 pm

^^I found out yesterday about the concerts and kinda decided against going, hoping that he would come to mainland Europe too, but discovering today that Duff and Ugly Kid Joe will support kinda sold it to me. So considering that I booked a flight now to see the Halloween show in Edinburgh here's hoping that there won't be any further european shows. :evil: ;)

Since I'm not really planning on queuing to get to the front, as I also want to see a bit of Edinburgh, I'm even contemplating getting a VIP package, as there is an early entry included, even though it is my policy to not pay for meet and greets. So, for the people who have done M&G, how is it? Is it worth it? Do you get to talk or does he show up for a couple of seconds to take a pic and then leaves (prolly should open a new topic, but don' want too)?

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:31 pm

If they planned things like last year there may be one more show in Switzerland ;) But going to the UK is a very special experience at least it is for me. You get to meet people from the forums and it's always very cool.

I've never done a M&G but everyone always say it's great and Alice takes a lot of time to chat with each person, and on Halloween I think you're in for a treat!

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:09 pm

^^Yeah, it's kinda annoying that they never announce all dates at once. Last year it was the right decision to not go to the UK, even though at one point I almost booked a flight. It's not like I wouldn't gladly take a date in Switzerland too, it's just that this UK trip would be so much more special if it's the only show for me and if I haven't just seen him a week before somewhere else.

Considering that he's touring Europe in July and August and Canada right after the UK I doubt though that he will be doing much in Europe in September and October.

But whatever happens, seeing the UK Night of fear tour on Halloween should be cool anyway.

Regarding the M&G I still have to meditate over. ;) How many people are usually at a M&G? What is the most?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:20 pm

>So, for the people who have done M&G, how is it? Is it worth it? Do you get to talk or does he show up for a couple of seconds to take a pic and then leaves (prolly should open a new topic, but don' want too)?

I am almost certain that has been discussed many times on this forum.

Mike Drew
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Mike Drew » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:41 pm

At last years Halloween show in Glasgow,which was on Halloween night by the way...There was nothing special put on...Even the prizes etc for the best dressed fan was dropped...Don't get me wrong the show was great and all...But considering all the ballyhoo that London gets which wasn't even on Halloween,it was just the straight show...There was a fair few rumbles to be heard from some of the disappointed folk who had dressed up for the competition....I am looking forward to Edinburgh,very grateful coz i live there, but not expecting it to be the special focus show...We shall see.....
"Its Only Rock N' Roll But Its Expensive"

www.michaeldrew.co.uk

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:43 pm

Re M&G, pick the smaller shows - on Halloween more people do it, so you prolly get less time. Bristol last year there was only 9 of us, so we got about an hour with him (between us).I think there was about 30 at Ally Pally.
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:47 pm

^^Wow, now an hour would definitely be worth it. I'm somewhat torn between the "No, I'm not gonna give a millionaire money to meet me" and "What the heck!? That way I'll get that done and I most likely will have an easy way to the front row." ;)

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:51 pm

frontrowjunkie wrote:Hopefully you're right. I was also on my computer since 9 a.m. However I remember all the confusion around the presale for Sheffield last year... Many of us ended up buying multiple tickets to the show because of that. But let's just wait and see.
what happened at Sheffield last year?

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:08 am

Got my tickets for the Usher Hall, I really hope that this is the welcome2 show and not just a revamp of last years show, but excited at the venue choice, and a great day out in Edinurgh planned. Time for a gripe, tickets at £36 but came to nearly ninety for two by the time they added booking fee's and postage. Con, you only book once however many tickets and they send them out in the one envelope. I know this is nothing to do with Alice and I'm sure that it's been mentioned before on this forum before, anyone jumps down my throat, but it's still a complete rip off....ok rant over, I got the tickets and that's that...phew. anyone want to meet in Edinburgh before the gig just get in touch.

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:24 am

PatrickS77 wrote:^^Wow, now an hour would definitely be worth it. I'm somewhat torn between the "No, I'm not gonna give a millionaire money to meet me" and "What the heck!? That way I'll get that done and I most likely will have an easy way to the front row." ;)
If you can afford it, I'd say go for it. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed, but picking one of the smaller shows as Penny said would probably be best. I would say I had a better M&G experience in Bristol last year than London the year before.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Yes, same here Sarah. I think we were very lucky to have him in the room for so long last year, and then we only got kicked out cos there was a golden ticket winner coming in. Although I guess we would've had to go by then anyway...

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:50 pm

Dragonlady wrote:OK Got Cardiff, Wolverhampton, Bournemouth and London.

Now if only the receipt would show the details of the venues. With my bird brain (see above) I am not sure I really ordered what I just said. I have no way of being sure I got it all right.
on your confirmation email there is a link to log into you account and see what venues are what numbers

pleased that Wolverhampton, Wembley & Edinburgh are standing but Nottingham is all seated wanted 2 together so lost out on front row for that one as was second last one I ordered got row C
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:04 pm

I had to ask customers services, they were very quick and helpful.

With the seats I could recall where it was as I had written it all down, but with the standing tickets I was afraid that I may have mixed things up, clicked the same link twice or clicked the wrong link.

My account page doesn't show anything else than the mail. It says:
1 ALI-TIK-102712 Reserved Seat

Seat(s):
Section BLOCK B, Row A, Seat 39

But doesn't say which venue anywhere. But customer services sent me a full list with the venues names, very cool.

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:07 pm

Dragonlady wrote:
My account page doesn't show anything else than the mail. It says:
1 ALI-TIK-102712 Reserved Seat

Seat(s):
Section BLOCK B, Row A, Seat 39

But doesn't say which venue anywhere. But customer services sent me a full list with the venues names, very cool.
It tells you the date... October 27 2012... that's all you need! ;)

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Sarah wrote:If you can afford it, I'd say go for it. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed, but picking one of the smaller shows as Penny said would probably be best. I would say I had a better M&G experience in Bristol last year than London the year before.
Hmm, can I afford it? I guess so, I won't have to starve should I decide to do it! ;) I guess it's more a matter of principle, should I give in or not. So Edinburgh on Halloween, would that be considered a smaller show?

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:22 pm

"October 24th - Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
October 25th - Wolverhapton Civic Hall
October 27th - Bournemouth BIC
October 28th - London Wembley Arena
October 30th - Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
October 31st - Edinburgh Usher Hall
November 1st - Sheffield City Hall
"

Nothing mentioned for Ireland?

Also, it seems that these venues are quite big, so is this going to reflected in the new stage show?
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:42 pm

for those going to Nottingham, as it is an all seated gig and you don't need to queue, you should visit this great rock pub done up like a Gothic scene, Fire Beacons, bogs hidden in a secret bookcase door and a real Pit & Pendulum which is the name of the place a must visit when in Nottingham

http://www.eerie-pubs.co.uk/pit-pendulum
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:08 pm

>Also, it seems that these venues are quite big,

It depends on what you think is "big". At least four of those are relatively small.