For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Coop: Metal or Classic Rock?

Post by Jumping Jack » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:28 pm

If Coop and his mgt decide to open or co-headline with other bands during the summer amphitheater season, would you prefer pairings like Zombie, Iron Maiden, Motorhead or more classic rock bands that tour annually like ZZ Top, Foriegner, Styx?

Since I just bought 2nd row fan club seats for Styx/REO/Nugent for $110 I don't have a problem paying more for additional acts, but do have a problem paying double for someone I have NO interest in.

In your opinion:

Should Coop pair with other acts?

Is he picking the right genre to pair with?
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Coop: Metal or Classic Rock?

Post by Si » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:01 pm

>Should Coop pair with other acts?

Ideally, IMO, no, at least not in a guest role. But in the real world it has it's advantages both finantially and for the majority of the public, seeing two major bands on one night.

>Is he picking the right genre to pair with?

Probably, whether we like it or not. Although he has dabbled with it Alice is NOT really a heavy metal act, but he is always lumped in with HM in the press and public perception. In reality he is probably more likely to pick up new fans playing with those artists then the alternatives.

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:44 pm

I think the old school metal bands like IM, are a good pairing. Likewise, I can understand a pairing the harder edge classic rock bands, like Nugent (who I do not think fits with Styx and REO). Although my preference is full headlining slot, even if it is in smaller venues. What I like to avoid most is outdoots in the daylight and appearances at state/county fairs.

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Alice is the Heaviest from the "classics" and the "softest" from the "Heavy Metals" if you know what I mean :8):
He has a huge arsenal of songs to fit with softer or heavier bands and I prefer him to play along with Hard Rockers.
I also think that a tour with Morhead-Alice-Ozzy isn't a heavy metal tour.I'd call it pure hard rock , all the way through.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Nugent fits with Styx because Ted and Tommy played together in Damn Yankees. Unlike the progressive pairing with Yes last year, perhaps this Styx tour will be more rocking. Tommy can kick ass when he wants to. Maybe they will do some DY songs together.

I would love to see a double bill with Coop and Ozzy. The bats and chickens tour sponsored by PETA, LOL!!!
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:01 am

From the shows I've been too and what I've heard from people, the heavy metal type crowd seems to appreciate Alice and respond better to him live then alot of the pure classic rock audience when they play together. To be perfectly honest, Alice seems to get a much better reaction during his tours with Rob Zombie (best crowd reaction I've seen Alice get)Heaven And Hell etc... then any of his own headlining shows I've seen.

While Alice might not be "heavy metal" he does have some metal albums, and he is for the most part heavier then alotof the other "classic rock" bands. That along with his image seem to go better with the whole metal crowd and is easier to promote.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:09 am

Jumping Jack wrote:Nugent fits with Styx because Ted and Tommy played together in Damn Yankees. Unlike the progressive pairing with Yes last year, perhaps this Styx tour will be more rocking. Tommy can kick ass when he wants to. Maybe they will do some DY songs together.

I would love to see a double bill with Coop and Ozzy. The bats and chickens tour sponsored by PETA, LOL!!!
Alice and Ozzy are my all time favorite singers, I would absolutely love to see them do a show together
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

HeyAlice
Trash
Trash

Post by HeyAlice » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:43 am

I would rather see Alice paired up with Maiden or Motorhead than seeing him with bands like Styx or Damn Yankees
http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

✌ Click my listings for the best in Horror! ✌

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon May 07, 2012 8:59 pm

I like seeing AC headlining with one support..more classic rock support I would say...New York Dolls last year was a good pairing and Joan Jett as a pairing would be good again(I saw her at Sheffield with Motorhead and AC a few years back)...wouldnt go down the Motorhead route again personally..
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Tue May 08, 2012 12:09 am

Ozzy & Coop would be a dream come true for me .

departmentofyouth
Killer
Killer

Post by departmentofyouth » Wed May 16, 2012 1:16 pm

Generally, all I care about is just seeing Alice. But if I had to choose, I'd go with the metal bands. The audience tends to have more energy. Every time that I've seen him on bill with a classic rock band, the crowd tends to be sleepy and wants to sit down. :smack:

:alice:
I'm a Dirt Talkin', Beer Drinkin', Woman Chasin' Ministers Son.