For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

We Love You Toby!

Post by Gorehound » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Had a blast this last week. I think I have more and more fun with every tour lol. Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Si and Jaded for giving me a ride this time and thanks to Sparky for driving us from London to Manchester. I've got another write up in the works after everyone enjoyed the one I did last Halloween so more to come in that.

And I especially wanna say thank you so much to Toby who really came through for us loyal fans. There was a major screw up with tickets at London and more problems at Manchester but he really came through for us both nights. If it hadn't been for him we wouldn't have had a prayer of making it to the barrier and we'd have queued for nowt. I don't think I can find enough good things to say about him. Well I guess I have to try if I'm doing the write up :p

So yeah, thank you to everyone who made it happen for me and I'm extremely grateful to Toby for really helping us out. My only complaint is it went far too quick haha. Already looking forward to next time!
Flesh fanatic psychopath

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Re: We Love You Toby!

Post by Sarah » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:21 pm

I second that, Toby was absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately there were a few of us who were still made to wait behind by security after getting our tickets, but that was entirely the venue's fault. We managed to get second row. Toby was fantastic.

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm a huge Toby fan as well, we couldn't of asked for better this year.I still smile at the round of applause he received at the barrier before the Manchester show. Now if he could play bass and throw towels at me, Chuck may have something to worry about..LOL
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:41 pm

:rotfl:

Totally agree with that! We all got to thank him in person but it bears repeating. We are the luckiest fans in the world to have people like him helping us out.
Let's not forget Andy who was also doing his best. And everyone else, what a great crew!

I've never seen anything like this with other artists.

We love you Toby! :HEART:

Oh and Gorey, I'm looking forward to reading your review, they're always great!
Last edited by Dragonlady on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:47 pm

I have to echo sentiments already expressed here. This year's UK tour was a fantastic run and as Si has already said on the news page, Toby Mamis went out of his way to help the fans and I along with many others really did appreciate his taking the time to do that. Alice is a star performer and a true gentleman as we all know, but he also has one hell of a team behind him and my sincere thanks and appreciation go out to them all.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Looking forward to your review Gorey!! :grin:
& as with all that's been said Thanks to Toby & the rest of the guys.... & also to Tommy especially for the tour of the car park! lol
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:56 pm

Tommy's GREAT and he defiantly gets my respect!
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:41 am

Toatally agree with the comments about Toby. Also a special shout out to Karen Hunter who was just amazing and so nice to all us fans.
Boomshanka

digitaledge
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by digitaledge » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:04 am

My only encounter with Toby was when he came out the back door in Glasgow and told us that we didn't pick up our passes at the front desk, so we couldn't get in at all. It was disappointing for us (especially my son), but despite that, I do have respect for the work that he does for Alice. He wouldn't have been doing the job for so long if he wasn't good at it, so kudos to him.

My thanks have to go to Tommy, who came out to meet me, my partner and son after his soundcheck, and took us backstage, let my son walk out on the stage and showed him the props, and let us hang out in the dressing room with Chuck, Glen and Orianthi (Steve and Karen were getting something to eat at that point). We gave them each a gift I had brought for them, and Tommy got the band to sign my stuff after we left, and gave it back to me after the show.

They all gave my boy a great memory for his first gig, and one that he will cherish forever.

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:54 am

Dragonlady wrote:Oh and Gorey, I'm looking forward to reading your review, they're always great!
Ravenred wrote:Looking forward to your review Gorey!! :grin:
Thanks guys. It's about done, afraid it's a bit rushed this year though and I probably missed out some stuff. Don't think it's as good as my Roundhouse one but hopefully still fairly entertaining.
Flesh fanatic psychopath