For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

dantedelacoix
Trash
Trash

Manchester 30th October + VIP question

Post by dantedelacoix » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Anyone else off to Manchester show tonight? I've got a VIP as well but no idea what time I have to be there, Ground Ctrl just says generally 2 hours before from my confirmation email and to go to box office. Anyone else done a VIP before know what time would be decent to go? Believe it starts at 7/7.30 so was planning to get there at 5

robcam
Trash
Trash

Re: Manchester 30th October + VIP question

Post by robcam » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:30 pm

At the London show last night they let the VIP ticket holders in 15 minutes early. There was 32 of us, which was a record apparently. There is normally a maximum of 30.
Must say they, that even though Alice had 32 of us to meet and 100 after us we were not rushed at all and Alice was fantastic. Chatted with everyone, signed everything and was very obliging with photos and retakes. Worth every penny. Have a great time!!!

dantedelacoix
Trash
Trash

Post by dantedelacoix » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:51 pm

Wow that is alot lol. Thanks for the info. Will probably still turn up early but at least you should get let in early.

LordOfAmourFantastiq
Killer
Killer

Post by LordOfAmourFantastiq » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:22 pm

robcam wrote:Must say they, that even though Alice had 32 of us to meet and 100 after us we were not rushed at all and Alice was fantastic. Chatted with everyone, signed everything and was very obliging with photos and retakes.
Thanks for this details. I am happy for you you had a great time even if there were many people at the m&g.

Even if I already know it, it's in my nature to always be afraid of disturbing. I am currently doing the difficult choice of things I'll ask Alice to sign. I'm sure we will not be as numerous as in London so I'll repeat myself that I do not have to be embarrassed to have him sign my collectibles.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:31 am

32!!!
Bloody Hell, that's awesome! i thought w/ the current economy etc that there'd be even less people likely to do it than last time. Guess that shows Coop's popularity.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Wicked Young Woman
Trash
Trash

Post by Wicked Young Woman » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:15 pm

I was also at the London VIP meeting and although we were told before how many people Alice still has to meet that night and that they were off to the next show the same night Alice didn't rush us at all.

As I have previously posted I had the most amazing thing happen to me at the VIP meeting in Vienna. Alice remembered me and my story and he was again so unbelievably supportive and nice I still can’t describe what that means to me.

If I know one thing for sure it's that I'll be at W2MN tour’s VIP meeting no matter where the nearest concert is. It was worth every penny indeed!
In my mind, oh, a million voices tell me no

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:01 pm

Even if I already know it, it's in my nature to always be afraid of disturbing. I am currently doing the difficult choice of things I'll ask Alice to sign. I'm sure we will not be as numerous as in London so I'll repeat myself that I do not have to be embarrassed to have him sign my collectibles.
I worried a lot about this. But he is so lovely, and so genuinely interested in you having a good time, that it really isn't a problem. Last week I had VIP, he signed 3LPs, CD, my jacket, a billion dollar note, the yearbook out of the boxset and also a scrapbook I made - which he looked at every page of. And KC took about 12 photos. Worth every penny, and now I'm saving for next year.
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:19 pm

Went to Manchester Show-first NY Dolls vgood(surprised me)...Alice gr8 performance...my wife has seen Aiice times and thinks this was his best..Ive seen Alice a lot more but this is up there with the best Ive seen..all players brill..one question..sounded like an organ or computer type beginning to clones before Steve Hunter kicked in guitar..was it organ etc or a short bit of tape before live guitar came in or something else(guitar effect)..one of our musos will no doubt be able to enlarge...fantastic show..packed..worth every penny!
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:31 pm

recoop wrote:One question..sounded like an organ or computer type beginning to clones before Steve Hunter kicked in guitar..was it organ etc or a short bit of tape before live guitar came in or something else(guitar effect)..one of our musos will no doubt be able to enlarge!
I thought it was an intro tape but I could be wrong. Andy - could you please clarify?
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:19 pm

>I thought it was an intro tape but I could be wrong. Andy - could you please clarify?

I don't remember.