For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pmt
Trash
Trash

Bristol Concert

Post by pmt » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:51 am

Having read the review from the Sheffield concert, I was a little disappointed before going to the concert in Bristol last night that there were no major changes to the setlist. However I to say it was an excellent evening enhanced by the venue itself. The hall only held around 1800(800 upstairs and 1000 downstairs (some seating and a standing area) and the view from all area's was really good. It was very compact and so you really did feel very close to the stage.The support band, 'The Treatment' were energetic and did a pretty reasonable 40 minute set. One really interesting thing was that on the change over,WTMN2 was played on the pa and the number of people singing along to 'I am made of you' was pretty staggering-surely it has to be added to the setlist. Alice and the band were excellent with Alice's voice in particular sounding good, especially on 'only woman bleed'.The snake that made an appearance was particularly lively and certainly caused some amusement. One critisism I have is that the beheading is done too low on stage so not many people can't see it. It's almost as though it is a token gesture and I think it should be built up a bit more. However that is a small point on what was a great evening. I went with 2 people who had never seen Alice before and they were blown away . :alice:

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Bristol Concert

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:13 pm

It was a good show and the venue made for a great atmosphere. I was in the seated area at the back of the ground floor (my partner is now registered disabled). Unfortunately, everyone decided to stand up though so it made things very difficult for her.

The snake was indeed very funny as was Alice getting hit in the face by one of the School's Out balloons! Agree about the beheading but then we were all there to see the Frankenstein monster and he certainly didn't let us down.

Thumps up for the freakshow winners as well, increadible presentation I thought :)

Will be nice to see Alice in Bristol again, I very rarely get home before midnight when he's in the UK!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Some nice pictures have been posted here

note scroll left to right and not top to bottom

http://www.adamgasson.com/threesongsnof ... hotos.html

:alice: :alice:
It must be true A_Michael said so

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Terrific photos Rob, thanks for sharing!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:49 pm

excellent pictures :rock:

LordOfAmourFantastiq
Killer
Killer

Post by LordOfAmourFantastiq » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:34 am

Nice pictures, thank you Rob for the link!