How Alice Cooper saved my life (no joke)

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Wicked Young Woman
Trash
Trash

How Alice Cooper saved my life (no joke)

Post by Wicked Young Woman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:53 am

First of all I put this into ‘General Discussion’ instead of ‘No More Mr Nice Guy Tour’ because I thought it would fit in here more but of course if our admins think differently I apologise and then please move it.

Hello everyone,

For those who are interested in other’s experiences with Alice I thought I’ll share what I just had to write down about what happened to me at his concert last night in Vienna, Austria:

A couple of days ago I got my confirmation e-mail for the VIP meeting and another one that said that I was the winner of the lottery that would have me throwing the big balloons into the crowd during ‚School’s out‘. I couldn’t believe my luck but the thought of going on that stage with Alice send me to a whole new level of nervousness.

Before the concert I noticed that no one else was wearing a green VIP card like the one I got at the entrance but I thought well maybe they give that only to the lottery winner.

They lead me behind the stage between „Wicked Young Man“ (if I had ever any doubt about my screen name on this board it’s now gone forever) and „Killer“. Someone explained to me how I was supposed to act after he had me wait alone in the dark next to Frankenalice for some time :/ . Then we ran on stage, I threw two balloons from the stage and was handed another one the also went into the audience.

After letting me take a picture at the back of the stage of Alice facing the crowd that person very politely suggested that I could go back in front of the stage to enjoy the last song down there. He could have also ordered me to leave immediately, because by now I was standing at the very spot where Alice would change into a shirt of Austria’s national football/soccer team for the final song ‚Elected‘ in a minute! But he – like everybody else I met – was very, very friendly the whole time.

After the concert I was lead backstage again and luckily only now did they tell me that I was the only person with a VIP ticket at this show! So much for my exceptional luck of winning the lottery. Needless to say that was equally exiting as it was frightening for me.

A couple of people waited and chatted with me for the short time it took Alice to change cloths again after the show. And then finally they told me that it was time for me to meet the man I have listened to and adored for as long as I can remember!

I had absolutely no intention to do the ‚I’m not worthy’ stunt but when they guy who lead me to his dressing room knocked on the door I feared for a moment that my knees would buckle out and that I would fall down flat in front of Alice. :blush: But – as his staff had promised me before – that feeling changed once I was face to face with Alice. He was there with his wife Sheryl and they both greeted me very warmly.

After some casual small talk Alice asked if I had brought something to sign for him. Well, of course I had. He seamed especially pleased about my W2MN vinyl which he signed with my name on it. I also had a promo CD of ‚Love’s a loaded gun‘ that’s packed in a carton gun which made Alice start singing the course of the song! And fellow Sick Things, I’m very proud to report that to my own surprise I still haven’t fainted at this point!

But now came the part I had been most nervous about: I asked Alice to write the lines ‚What’s wrong with me, my hate is gone‘ from ‚Salvation‘ on a piece of paper. I explained that I planed to have them tattoo in his handwriting as a symbol and lifelong reminder of something I have or rather am trying to overcome in that special kind of humorous way I’ve always enjoyed so much in his lyrics.

No, I have never been a serial killer but for years I’ve had another bad habit that had reached a level where it was very likely to kill me eventually the same way it could have happened to Alice years ago. I told him that after unsuccessful attempts in the past I’ve decided some months ago to make him my role model, motivation and the meeting with him a milestone in my mind – luckily with success. Alice listened to my story and at this point Sheryl quietly left the room.

The conversation that followed now and Alice’s openness with me went beyond anything I might have expected. To sum it up, I guess it’s safe to say that this was the most unbelievable and overwhelming experience of my whole life. To have had this kind of talk with Alice means more to me than I could every describe with words. Alice gave me some very personal words on my way that I surly will treasure in my heart forever. He truly is one remarkably and kind human being and his wife who returned at the end seams to be as well.

I know there has been a lot of discussion about paying (so much) for a meet & greet in the past. Having experienced mine now I have this to say: I’m sure Alice would have been as nice and compassionate at any chance meeting that might have happened but I’m also con-vinced that this kind of personal conversation would have never been possible anywhere else. I’m not trying to exaggerate now but I feel like Alice last night – along with the decision I made some month earlier regarding his role in my attempt to change – may have saved my life.

If you’ve read to this point I’d like to thank you for your time. Please feel free to let me know what you think – no matter if positive or negative.

I’m off to my tattooer now to get my first tattoo. Hoping to meet some of you during next weeks London show (I booked this show too since it was announced weeks before the show in Vienna and I take a trip to London every couple of years anyway) I’ll close now with Alice’s last on stage words from last night: Happy Halloween everyone! :alice:

Wicked Young Woman
In my mind, oh, a million voices tell me no

Wicked Young Woman
Trash
Trash

Re: How Alice Cooper saved my life (no joke)

Post by Wicked Young Woman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:58 am

Well you can see how overwhelmed I still am, I posted my message in the tour section after all ...

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Very nice read, thanks for sharing.
Alice is a REAL gentleman, no doubt!
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

unfinished sweet
Trash
Trash

Post by unfinished sweet » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:03 pm

Good luck! Stay strong.

moonshadow
Dada God
Dada God

Post by moonshadow » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:21 pm

What an experience, I hope it stays with you, and keeps you strong if things get difficult for you.
You've got to trust your dreamers heart
Nobody else will tell you when you fall apart.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:01 pm

Sounds like a once in a lifetime moment for you. I hope it gives you the motivation you need - good luck xx
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:16 pm

gave me goosebumps right there! good luck in the future to you friend.

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:24 pm

...Beautiful experience!!...I hope all stays ok for you from now on WYM, and thanks for sharing that with us!!!! :clap:
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Such a lovely, moving story. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us. I wish you lots of luck and happiness on your journey.

Have a great time in London, hope to see you there.

Roxanne
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Roxanne » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Amazing experience! :clap: I saw you onstage! :)And saw Alice and Sheryl (not together) leaving to the bus at the back of the Gasometer.
After reading this I have to buy a VIP next year.... I want one so badly, but I don't have the money... :/
"But if you talk in the movies I'll kill you right there"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Thank you for sharing your story.

I'm glad that your meeting with Alice exceeded your expectations in such an amazing way.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:07 pm

Great story! This will really help you to stay strong I'm sure.

Wish you all the best, and maybe meet you next week.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:23 pm

amazing story, so extroadinaryily cool! can I just ask how long before the show did you get your confirmation e-mail?

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:44 pm

probably two days......I just got one for Wednesday at Bristol :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Wicked Young Woman
Trash
Trash

Post by Wicked Young Woman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:08 am

bigbradwolf wrote:amazing story, so extroadinaryily cool! can I just ask how long before the show did you get your confirmation e-mail?
Both mails arrived two days before the show.

LordOfAmourFantastiq
Killer
Killer

Post by LordOfAmourFantastiq » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:28 pm

Thank you for sharing your story! Alice is more than a nice guy…

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:12 am

The only VIP? Must have been your luck day!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Jacknife_Johnny
Killer
Killer

Post by Jacknife_Johnny » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:27 am

Stay strong WYW!
:alice:
I would never join a club that would have me as a member!

Wicked Young Woman
Trash
Trash

Post by Wicked Young Woman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:02 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:The only VIP? Must have been your luck day!
Yep, I do consider myself pretty lucky! :)

Thank you all so very much for your kind words. Encouragement is always more than welcome.

BTW - Met Alice again after the London show last week and what can I say. He remembered our previous talk and made it an unforgettable experience for me once again. Gotta love this man!