For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

London, Ally Pally

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Hm, I searched several keywords but only saw a thread about this in the "General Discussion" forum?

Hope it's ok to start a new thread here.

But I just saw this on Planet Rock: http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-new ... -gig-2453/

I'm doing the happy dance here, this is such a dream come true!

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: London, Ally Pally

Post by James1981 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:00 pm

Oh man I love Arthur. Is there any chance he will be at any of the other uk dates?
Boomshanka

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:29 pm

Will he be joining 'The New York Dolls' and 'Treatment' or replacing one/both of them
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:38 pm

suziginajackson wrote:Will he be joining 'The New York Dolls' and 'Treatment' or replacing one/both of them
The Dolls are still on the bill.

I can't wait for this! Never thought I'd get to see this legend!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:56 pm

There's been talk about him joining for several weeks/months, but it wasn't official until now. So yes he's joining the others on the bill.

Years ago, I saw A. Brown opening for Robert Plant it was the weirdest pairing you can think off and it took place in a gym hall. I remember thinking this was great but would be so much better if he played on the same bill as Alice. And now my wish is coming true!

It was even weirder that no one knew who was the opening act and there wasn't even someone introducing him. Arthur just walking in and started his set. It took me two songs to be really sure it was him. I think most of the rest of the hall only vaguely realised it when he played "Fire"

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:08 pm

James1981 wrote:Oh man I love Arthur. Is there any chance he will be at any of the other uk dates?

My guess would be that he will just be at the London show, which as far as I know is being treated as the "special" Halloween show with the fire-oriented freak acts.

EDIT: Just noticed that the Planet Rock site is saying he'll only be at the London date.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:33 pm

sparkinthedark wrote:
James1981 wrote:Oh man I love Arthur. Is there any chance he will be at any of the other uk dates?

My guess would be that he will just be at the London show, which as far as I know is being treated as the "special" Halloween show with the fire-oriented freak acts.

EDIT: Just noticed that the Planet Rock site is saying he'll only be at the London date.
Thanks for the info. Arthur is playing in Edinburgh a couple of days before the Glasgow gig. I have a sister in Edinburgh so I may decide to pay her a surprise visit.
Boomshanka

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Cool, I love Arthur Brown & the wife and I, are attending that London gig. I've been lucky enough to see him three times previously. One time, as a special guest singer for Hawkwind. Was cool to hear Brown on their material as well as listening to Hawkwind playing Fire.
Neil Harrison.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:37 pm

suziginajackson wrote:Will he be joining 'The New York Dolls' and 'Treatment' or replacing one/both of them
My understanding from what I've read is that 'The Treatment' are doing just the first two shows, while The Dolls will do the rest, and Arthur will do just London, although another report I've seen has Arthur doing the same shows as the Dolls but I don`t think that is correct.
Time will tell.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Suspiria wrote:Was cool to hear Brown on their material as well as listening to Hawkwind playing Fire.
Interesting. I know HW did Browns' 'Time Captives' and 'Time Confusion' regularly when he was with the band but never heard of them doing 'Fire'. Where was this?

Suspiria
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Suspiria » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:27 pm

Si wrote:
Suspiria wrote:Was cool to hear Brown on their material as well as listening to Hawkwind playing Fire.
Interesting. I know HW did Browns' 'Time Captives' and 'Time Confusion' regularly when he was with the band but never heard of them doing 'Fire'. Where was this?
Nottingham Rock City, just a few weeks before I saw Brown opening Guildford's Guilfest, with Alice headlining the day.
Neil Harrison.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:37 pm

what should be great is that when he does Fire as it will be dark the head on fire should be on display something he didn't do at Guilfest with Alice as it was still light when he went on and it doesn't work in the light as he told me when I met him on the train to the gig that day.

Ally Pally will be even better with Arthur on the bill
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:42 pm

should add his guitarist (who Arthur spotted playing in a Bar in Brighton) is an old school Alice fan and has Easy Action & Pretties For You in his collection! Assuming he is still working with the God of Hellfire
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:37 pm

That's why it was so strange to see Brown in the gym hall, it took a lot of imagination to get into the right mood!

And that's also why I don't really like seeing Alice outdoors, at least if it's daylight. It doesn't work the same.

If that guy still plays with Brown he'll probably be very thrilled about the shared bill!

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:48 pm

Change of plans. Im now coming to the Ally Pally and Glasgow. :clap:
Talking of Arthur i remember being right up the front at Guilfest. He came out in the audience during fire and on the way back on stage he was struggling getting over the barrier and he said 'come on lads, help the god of hellfire back over the fence' :rotfl:
Boomshanka

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:03 pm

:rotfl: Ha, ha! Brilliant!

And see you in London then!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:03 am

James1981 wrote: Talking of Arthur i remember being right up the front at Guilfest. He came out in the audience during fire and on the way back on stage he was struggling getting over the barrier and he said 'come on lads, help the god of hellfire back over the fence' :rotfl:
Completly true! It was Jollyjon and I who lifted him over the barrier!
After that show a few of us went to a few more Brown shows in the area. A real Gentlemen and great performer in any format. Really looking forward to seeing him again.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:53 am

Si wrote:
James1981 wrote: Talking of Arthur i remember being right up the front at Guilfest. He came out in the audience during fire and on the way back on stage he was struggling getting over the barrier and he said 'come on lads, help the god of hellfire back over the fence' :rotfl:
Completly true! It was Jollyjon and I who lifted him over the barrier!
After that show a few of us went to a few more Brown shows in the area. A real Gentlemen and great performer in any format. Really looking forward to seeing him again.

Haha! What a great moment! I'm pretty excited about it as I've never seen him perform. Closest I got was assisting when he did Rye Bonfire Society the honour of lighting our Bonfire some 12 or so years ago. He was in his element - to quote Arthur: "Bloody good this, innit?!"

Think I'll go YouTube for a few clips!
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:51 pm

He is a great bloke Arthur, I saw him with his guitarist at Clapham Junction getting on the connecting train (he lives in the Brighton area) to the Guilfest gig and was sat next to them chatting about his career and music generally and of course Alice, he was pleased Alice had mentioned him in interviews.
Walked into the festival with them then they went to the band enclosure while I went to the bar, bought the guitarist a cider Arthur doesn't drink, the most down to earth guy you could meet but an absolute legend.

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:51 pm

James1981 wrote:Change of plans. Im now coming to the Ally Pally and Glasgow. :clap:
Talking of Arthur i remember being right up the front at Guilfest. He came out in the audience during fire and on the way back on stage he was struggling getting over the barrier and he said 'come on lads, help the god of hellfire back over the fence' :rotfl:
That is brilliant! :rotfl: