Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Coopcollector
Trash
Trash

Stockholm VIP meet and greet question

Post by Coopcollector » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi!

Thought maybe someone in the forum has similar experience as I and can provide an answer.

I have purchased the meet and greet vip package for the concert in Stockholm this coming monday. I have recieved an e-mail confirming that the payment has been accepted and that I should check the website for information regarding what time to show up, however, there is no information to be found. Has anyone any clues or information about the meet and greet?

I thought about contacting "ground-control" the company responsible, however, they are only available mon-fri during business hours and my train is leaving early monday morning...

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Re: Stockholm VIP meet and greet question

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Is there a contact number for the venue?

Granted, they may know nothing about the VIPs, but if you explain the situation they could point you in the right direction. However they may not know and have no information for you. Just a shot in the dark here.

The ground-control company may very well email you between now and Monday (if they originally asked for your email address when you registered). I would keep shooting emails to this company, you never know... they may have someone specifically there to handle situations like these on weekends. Again another shot in the dark.

I'd also return to the website they told you to go to and carefully check every link or hypertext in case the info is buried somewhere. The website may not have posted the necessary info yet. Check the venue's website too.

If all else fails, I'd show up at the venue mega-early and ask around for where the VIP people are meeting.

None of the above may help, but it's better than nothing. What have you got to lose?
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Deaconess
Trash
Trash

Post by Deaconess » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:09 pm

I am trying to get some info for you (:

Coopcollector
Trash
Trash

Post by Coopcollector » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:52 pm

Thanks for your responses Shoesalesman and Deaconess!

The "problem" is now solved, just got an e-mail from alicecooper.com with instructions for monday!

This is still unbelievable for me, meeting the coop? really? I am now 35 years old, started listen to alice when I was 11, alice been involved in my life daily for all those years, partying to "poison" and "He´s back", relaxing to "going home", crying to "might as well be on mars"...

Monday will be something really special. Still, I don´t believe it´s true until I´m back safe in my bed at the hotel :)

Deaconess
Trash
Trash

Post by Deaconess » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:54 pm

(: :clap:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:08 am

Coopcollector wrote:The "problem" is now solved, just got an e-mail from alicecooper.com with instructions for monday!
:drink:

Glad it worked out for you. Have a great time!!!

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Not about the meet and greet but another Stockholm related question: since the stage is an open stage in the middle of a amusment park and the park itself is open from 11:00, do you think it will be possible to watch the band while they soundcheck?
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:15 pm

>do you think it will be possible to watch the band while they soundcheck?

That's a question for the people at the venue, I think. I'm really rather surprised at some of the questions that get asked on this board.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Have fun! let me know hows it goes as I'm doing the VIP in Birmingham!!!

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:53 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>do you think it will be possible to watch the band while they soundcheck?

That's a question for the people at the venue, I think. I'm really rather surprised at some of the questions that get asked on this board.
True, asking the venue would make sense. I was just thinking if anyone had been in a similar situation before.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Swinger wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>do you think it will be possible to watch the band while they soundcheck?

True, asking the venue would make sense. I was just thinking if anyone had been in a similar situation before.
I have been in a similar situation, where there was a fair/festival around the music stage, and that area was open all day.

I'd say that yes, it's entirely possible that you'll get to see sound check. I have done so for shows by Alice, Cheap Trick, Tesla, and Poison, at venues like this.

Also keep in mind that depending upon comfort level with the show/music/equipment, and things such as schedule and any number of other factors, that:

A. Sound check may be extremely short.
or
B. Sound check may be done without any of the band members there. It may just be the crew checking general sound levels and instrument set ups.

T
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:26 pm

>if anyone had been in a similar situation before.

The policy may vary from venue to venue, though.

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:26 pm

Thank you NSP.
Well well, I'm planing on being there early regardless so I'll just wait and see how it turns out.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Here in São Paulo - BRazil the VIP package gave early entrance, if you have that too you really don't need to be there early, you'll get the front row anyway
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Seems like the concert must have been great fun yesterday. My Facebook news feed is full of photos of the moment when Ryan Roxie joined the band on stage!!

I bet there are videos on YouTube, but for now I need to work a little longer.

:rock:

Coopcollector
Trash
Trash

Post by Coopcollector » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:17 am

The Stockholm show was great! Alice and the band sounded really good. I really enjoyed the opening with "Black widow", intensity right from the start. The setlist was as the other shows on this tour. Ryan Roxie appeared for "school´s out".

After the show I had the meet and greet experience. There were four of us that got the opportunity to meet Alice in his dressingroom backstage at Gröna lund. Alice was in a great mood, signing stuff for us, joking and laughing, speaking about the performance with Johnny depp.

We had some photos take were alice insisted that we would strangle him :)

My experience in Stockholm could have been just super but the things that happened on the way home left a bitterness in me. On the train home my suitcase was stolen! All the meet and greet stuff I got from Alice was stolen, as also alot of books, clothes, well everything you bring about when going for a trip. I had my camera in my backpack, so thats the only thing I returned home with...

I so regret that I dont have the setlist and the backstagepass no longer, I thought of them as such good reminders from the meeting with Alice. I am sad now.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:37 am

Oh dear! I don't care much about material things, but all the nice memories of that meeting. That's really too bad.

At least you have the photos? And the memory of course, no one can steal that from you.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:48 am

That stinks. :(

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:45 pm

That stinks indeed.

Coopcollector
Trash
Trash

Post by Coopcollector » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Yeah, got the memories and the photos from the meeting.

Its a shame you can´t even go on a traintrip without getting robbed, it never once occured to me that someone would sneak in and grab the suitcase and leave at the next station, well... I´ve learned my lesson.

To bad it had to cost me a pass, a shirt, a bag, a setlist, three signed photos, 2 signed seven-inch singles (german under my wheels and a french pressing of schools out), as well as the For britain only 12-inch that I bought during the visit.

However, now it´s time to move on. There is more to enjoy. I will start feeding my piggybank for another meet and greet experience, maybe I´ll see you there! :)