Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Glasgow's Halloween Show

Post by killer wolf » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:55 pm

LOL, i don't even know who he is!

for others driving, i've just been googling and apparently the Glasgow Science Centre is cracking : 24hr carpark, £3, just across the water w/ a bridge to the SECC. think that's gonna be my backup plan.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:25 pm

YAAAAAAAAS!.

Frankly.

digitaledge
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by digitaledge » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:11 am

Fantastic show! Bit of a cock-up with my passes, so I wasn't allowed in the M&G, but it was a great night regardless.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:33 am

show was STORMING, the whole band was on fire last night. No spoilers, but was great to hear a couple songs i've not heard live before/for years.
good to meet you James, brief tho it was.
Digi, the whole venue seems a bit hopeless on various levels. when i went into the SEC bit they gave me an envelope : had the ticket and i had to go back for the M&G pass. while i was there someone was complaining about the Bruno M&G, they were going in before the gig and this guy was being given the runaround, being told conflicting places to go to get his pass. some other person there (for COOP i think) seemed to be having trouble getting their pass too.
when i came out, another couple and i were left in the carpark and the guy in the exit cabin was gone! fortunately there was a little kerb area so i just drove over that : saved myself six quid.
can't say i'm overly impressed at the professionality of the venue :-/
KW
/X\oo/X\

digitaledge
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by digitaledge » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:49 am

killer wolf - I'm pretty sure I was the guy in the car park - we had a wee chat and somebody told us how to get out. Was it you? If it was, it was good to meet you.

And I was there as a guest of Tommy's, and we didn't get our passes for backstage (partly my fault, as I wasn't told I had to pick them up before the show, and they weren't in with my tickets). :smack:

What annoyed me was when Toby came out at the back door, he asked us to confirm our names so he could check his list, and then said that because we didn't pick up our passes, we couldn't come in - even though our names were on the list, and my wee boy was freezing cold.

Still, I had a great night - hung out with Tommy and the rest of the band before the show, gave them all gifts. The band were really nice, and they treated my son well, it's just a pity that we didn't get to see Alice.

Next time, hopefully. :/

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:38 am

Sounds even more unorganised than the London show. We were told that we couldn't pick up tickets til the doors opened, and Si was asking all afternoon to let us pick them up first (thanks for all your efforts, Si, and nice to meet you btw)- ended up with 2 queues and then some of us were made to go outside again! Managed to get second row, but it's annoying when you've queued all day and you're only 5'2".....

digitaledge, that's really bad - can 't believe you couldn't get in even though you were on the list, I'd've been fuming. And having a hysterical fangirl moment, oops did I say that out loud?
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:38 am

ah, hi digitaledge, yeah that was me w/ half my face burnt off! :-D good to meet you too, shame the night had got a little messed up for you :-( at least you got to meet the band, woulda liked to meet them too. glad teh guy told us about the little ramp bit, i was nervous about grounding my car if i'd tried going over any kerbs etc.

lol Cherrypie : the hysterical fangirl thing might've embarrassed them into letting you in just to shut you up!
on a serious note tho, for the cost of the M&G you'd think things would be a little more organised. the other thing we found out was that the girl who won the go-onstage lottery was in a wheelchair. now, i'm not sure why they wouldn't offer it to someone else. given her condition, i'm sure she wouldn't have minded someone else getting the chance to actually do it, and i'm sure they could have given her the extra odd signed thingy or whatever to make up for it.
KW
/X\oo/X\

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:37 pm

digitaledge, Tommy was looking for you after the show. He asked us where you were. Obviously we have no clue who you are but he did have a box of stuff for you. As for the meet and greets I saw them being organized every night by Karen even searching for people who were supposed to be there. I think she does an excellent job and if you can't figure out where your supposed to be after show than its no ones fault but your own. This is rock and roll not rocket science.. Lol
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:57 pm

cherrypie wrote:Sounds even more unorganised than the London show. We were told that we couldn't pick up tickets til the doors opened, and Si was asking all afternoon to let us pick them up first (thanks for all your efforts, Si, and nice to meet you btw)- ended up with 2 queues and then some of us were made to go outside again! Managed to get second row, but it's annoying when you've queued all day and you're only 5'2".....
I know this thread is about Glasgow, but while it's been mentioned I'd like to say a big thank you to Si as well for trying to sort things out, it was very much appreciated.

digitaledge
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by digitaledge » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Jaded, I know that Tommy was looking for us - he spoke to us after the show. However, on this occasion it was a case of crossed wires - nobody told us to pick up passes, and Tommy said that he would get us round the back. If we knew that passes were waiting for us, we would have picked them up. It's just annoying that Toby knew we were on the list and refused to let us in, that's all.

The box he had was the box I took in before the show (it had the band's presents in it), and he told us just to leave it and get it after the show.

I'm only disappointed that we didn't get to meet Alice, but I'm not letting it spoil a fantastic evening. My son was completely starstruck in the dressing room (and Tommy took him on the stage for a bit before the show). Everyone is really nice and sweet and down to earth, and we all really enjoyed it.

I'll see Alice next time, lol.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:53 pm

great show and an absolute pleasure to buy one of our soldiers an Alice fan off back to Afghanistan soon a few drinks, puts things into perspective ;)
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

digitaledge
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by digitaledge » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Uploaded some of my photos of the show to Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 70eb0c6e74

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:13 pm

cool pics bud, thanks for sharing.
KW
/X\oo/X\

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:25 pm

digitaledge wrote:Uploaded some of my photos of the show to Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 70eb0c6e74

Great photos , I think we must have been standing next to each other ,as my photos are identical.... :)

I'll post them asap

digitaledge
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by digitaledge » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:29 pm

We possibly were, lol. I was there with my wee boy, who was standing in front of me the whole night.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:43 pm

don't suppose anyone got a pic of the girlie in teh Catwoman outfit, did they? :-D

there was some awesome outfits there, did y'all see the guy in full Jack Sparrow get-up?
KW
/X\oo/X\

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:51 pm

She is on this board and a friend..I'll tell her you were inquiring..LOL
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Jaded wrote:She is on this board and a friend..I'll tell her you were inquiring..LOL

You beat me to it! LOL!
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:58 am

I was at the barrier, at the right hand side. Got a few pics and the better ones are here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... f24c24558d

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:30 am

lol, tell her she looked smoking, dunno if she made the costume herself but it looked awesome. believe she got Alice's cane too.
KW
/X\oo/X\