For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Re: 100 Club

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:00 am

In Chick wrote:I'm happy for those who got tickets or invitations for this show. Something to cherish for ever.
Yes, some of us are very envious of you UK folks.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:10 am

Alice Creeper wrote: Your right i thought he played it more however he has played that song like you said maybe a dozen and 23 of the 29 songs i listed he has played them 0 Times and that there is the point im getting at.
17 of them haven't been played live, although I agree only one on your original list has been played recently - Long Way To Go.

Alice Creeper
Trash
Trash

Post by Alice Creeper » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:28 pm

Si wrote:
Alice Creeper wrote: Your right i thought he played it more however he has played that song like you said maybe a dozen and 23 of the 29 songs i listed he has played them 0 Times and that there is the point im getting at.
17 of them haven't been played live, although I agree only one on your original list has been played recently - Long Way To Go.
17 Wow what 6 did i miss that he played live Long Way To Go i missed that one live ?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:43 pm

1 Return Of The Spiders - Around Album time
2 Long Way To Go - Psyhcodrama 2007 tour (Dropped later in tour)
3 Black Ju Ju - Around LITD time
4 Yeah, Yeah , Yeah - Killer Tour
6 Hard Hearted Alice - MOL 1973 Tour
7 Big Apple Dreamin - MOL 1973 tour
9 King Of The Silver Screen - King Of The Silver Screen Tour 1977-78
19 Freedom - RYF Tour
21 Prince Of Darkness - RYF Tour
22 Time To Kill - RYF Tour
23 Chop, Chop ,Chop - RYF Tour
24 Gail - RYF Tour
25 Roses On White Lace - RYF Tour

Actually it was 15 not been played. Forgot one :)

Alice Creeper
Trash
Trash

Post by Alice Creeper » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Si wrote:1 Return Of The Spiders - Around Album time
19 Freedom - RYF Tour
24 Gail - RYF Tour

Mang thats good stuff there thanks for taking the time to post that.Maybe the song Hurricane Years was played 1 time ?
None the less even though they was played when u listed thats been 23 - 40 years some of these songs have not been played way to long especially for Freedom.But again i thank you im not trying to be a jerk about any of this if i came across that way i appologize to all.Ive been to the last 7 Alice Cooper tours and id just like to see a chunk of new songs injected into the lineup.Tahts all if all you know is Poison hey thats your lost not mine dont punish us diehard fans is the way i look at it.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:03 pm

But..... as has been stated, it's a fine line to walk between the diehards and the casual fans. And I'd be willing to wager the casual fans/first time concert goers FAR outweigh the diehards at any given show.

Alice is always putting a few rare/old/lesser performed songs songs in, and he'd be hard pressed to play EVERYTHING in his catalogue....even if it were just once.

And if you do too many, you run the risk of having people walk out/not come back. I can tell you from personal experience that when I saw Cheap Trick last year....they did the longest set that I've personally seen (you used to be able to set your watch to their 70 minutes on stage). And while they played the "big hits," they mostly put them toward the end of the show. And what happened? Seriously....there was a STEADY stream of people heading out the door.

I certainly can't speak from the point of view of an artist who has performed the same song 1000 times in my life. But, I'd think singing it for time 1001, with a great audience reaction would beat seeing people heading for the doors.

-----

And.....back to the 100 club show. Thanks for all the reviews/pictures/videos/links guys. I'd LOVE it if Alice did something like this here. And hey...if Johnny D were involved again, I'm sure I wouldn't object. I mean....they might have to clean me up off the walls/floor when I exploded in fangirly-ness, but... other than that!

:laugh: :rock: :laugh:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Alice Creeper wrote: Mang thats good stuff there thanks for taking the time to post that.Maybe the song Hurricane Years was played 1 time?
Not that I can recall. 'Dirty Dreams' was played once though.
Alice Creeper wrote:None the less even though they was played when u listed thats been 23 - 40 years some of these songs have not been played way to long
Oh I couldn`t agree more, on some more then others of course.
Alice Creeper wrote:especially for Freedom.But again i thank you im not trying to be a jerk about any of this if i came across that way i appologize to all.Ive been to the last 7 Alice Cooper tours and id just like to see a chunk of new songs injected into the lineup.Tahts all if all you know is Poison hey thats your lost not mine dont punish us diehard fans is the way i look at it.
In a perfect world Alice could change 98% of the setlist every year, but it reality that just wouldn`t work because of the audience he is generally playing to.
As has been said elsewhere, a large proportion of the audience, even now, are newbies to Alice who have only seen him once or twice, if at all. The biggest response in the show is still SO and Poison which shows that.

I try and put myself in their position. If I went to see a band who I had liked for a long time, but never seen, I would want to hear plenty of the classics, not the new stuff I wasn`t as familiar with. It's just human nature.

With Alice, I would LOVE to see a set of lesser known material, as I've seen most of the others played well over 100 times now. But realistically it isn`t going to happen and I know that. The fact he puts a couple of rarer tracks in each year, plus hopefully a few new tracks when and album is out, is about what I expect.

Yes I know there are bands like Iron Maiden who can go out and play ALL their new album and only a couple of classics, but I don`t think Alice is in that situation. Maybe W2MN will change that. Would be interesting to see haha

Alice Creeper
Trash
Trash

Post by Alice Creeper » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Si wrote:1 Return Of The Spiders - Around Album time
19 Freedom - RYF Tour
24 Gail - RYF Tour

The one you forgot would Luney Tune.

And where is a better or correct thread for me to be talking about this ? Im sorry for using the wrong thread here.And 1 other question is there a spell check option on here ?

Thanks

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:52 pm

Alice Creeper wrote: The one you forgot would Luney Tune.
The one I forgot was 'Big Apple Dreaming'
'Luney Tune' hasn`t been played at an Alice Cooper concert that I recall. Feel free to correct me if I have forgotten.
It WAS played by a covers band in Phoenix at a little charity show, with Alice joining them (youtube footage exists), but I didn`t really count that.
Alice Creeper wrote: And where is a better or correct thread for me to be talking about this ? Im sorry for using the wrong thread here.And 1 other question is there a spell check option on here ?
Thanks
Well I'm as guilty as you now haha. Still, this would have been better in a thread about the current tour setlist, or setlists in general, then in this thread about a specific show last weekend.
And no, there currently isn`t a spellcheck. Used to be one a couple of years ago but it no longer works with the current forum software, sorry.

Alice Creeper
Trash
Trash

Post by Alice Creeper » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:15 pm

Si wrote:
Alice Creeper wrote: The one you forgot would Luney Tune.
The one I forgot was 'Big Apple Dreaming'
'Luney Tune' hasn`t been played at an Alice Cooper concert that I recall. Feel free to correct me if I have forgotten.
It WAS played by a covers band in Phoenix at a little charity show, with Alice joining them (youtube footage exists), but I didn`t really count that.

Well your right no Luney Tune but i cant find on setlist here anywhere he did Big Apple Dreaming ?

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:21 pm

It was in the setlist in '73, just like Si said.
-----
Billion Dollar Babies Holiday Tour (Muscle Of Love) 1973/4

Setlist: Hello Hurray / Billion Dollar Bbabies / Elected - I'm 18 / Big Apple Dreamin' / Muscle Of Love / Hard Hearted Alice / My Stars / Unfinished Sweet / (Night on Bald Mountain Tape) /Sick Things / Dead Babies / I Love The Dead / (Night on Bald Mountain Tape) / School's Out / Working Up A Sweat / (Christmas song outro on tape: varying, a.o. Deck the Halls)
Notes: Also the last part of “I Love The Dead”, after the beheading, was pre-recorded.
Toronto 14/12/1973 had 'Hard Hearted Alice' played AFTER “My stars”.
The South American shows in 1974 featured the same show but obviously without the Christmas song outro.

Also Dec 13th `73 Toledo, OH Sports Arena lasted less then 10 mins. due to the riot so the set was only Hello Horray and Billion Dollar Babies.

Copied/Pasted from: http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/setlists/1970setlists.php
Last edited by NotSoPerfect on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 pm

>but i cant find on setlist here anywhere he did Big Apple Dreaming ?

Go to
http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/setlists/1970setlists.php and you will see it was performed on "The Holiday Tour".

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:40 pm

I'm not even sure what the purpose of this discussion is at this point.

If someone is complaining about the set list now, how does the fact that a song was performed on a tour 40 years ago change that?

Anyhow, this would have been more appropriate on the NMMNG Tour thread.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:17 pm

It is, I agree, in the wrong topic, and I apologise for continuing it here and really breaking MY OWN guildlines. Just a little hard to move so many messages now, as I didn`t really expect it to go so long haha. I'm GUILTY!
BUT if you had been reading you would see how the thread developed and why it moved to whether certain songs had EVER been played live in direct response to a post incorrectly saying they hadn't been.

Perhaps if Alice Creeper has any more points or questions, he could start a new topic, and we can carry on there?

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:49 pm

Hate to contribute to the rabbit chase, but I do think the number of classics played at the 100 club would suffice the casual fans and allow Alice to put in more rarities than the one or two per tour.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Alice Creeper wrote:
Well then i want to know who was drinking out of my glass ?

And those covers ive had them on CD for 10 years now thats nothing new you have to remember here im a older Alice fan ive been around longer than just a 5 year fan.
so I'm surprised you didn't know Big Apple Dreaming was played live

try and get hold of a recording of the Toronto gig on the holiday tour and you'll hear a great performance of It too
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Gorehound wrote:Back in Yorkshire after an amazing weekend in London, just wanted to say as always a huge thanks to everyone who made it possible for me to be there (namely Si, Jaded and Sparky lol) and to everyone who made it such a fun time, despite the heat while we queued! It really was something special, I'm just so grateful I was lucky enough to see it. Thank you!!! :clap:

Oh and Kerrang interviewed me after the show, another claim to fame I have now :p

You're welcome. I still owe you five quid.

And really? Kerrang? All the people there and they chose you?

Wonders will never cease. :grin:
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:22 pm

You know I'd actually forgotten about the five quid lol!

Oh thanks Sparky :p They were begging me to do it, obviously knew it would increase sales among the female half of the population ;)
Flesh fanatic psychopath

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:28 pm

Gorehound wrote: Oh thanks Sparky :p They were begging me to do it, obviously knew it would increase sales among the female half of the population ;)
Oh? They put a picture of someone else next to your interview? ;)

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:42 am

Cheeky sod :nono:
Flesh fanatic psychopath