Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: 100 Club

Post by Marcelocooper » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:51 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Alice Creeper wrote:And those covers ive had them on CD for 10 years now thats nothing new you have to remember here im a older Alice fan ive been around longer than just a 5 year fan.
I'm willing to bet you have all those others songs you listed on CD too.
Agree!!

And Clones, Hey Stoopid, Black Widow, Fire, Brutal Planet, Wicked Young Man, From the Inside, Nurse Rozetta, Guilty, Public Animal #9, Long way to go, Raped and Freezin' etc, are not the most famous Alice Songs ever. Just because he hasn't played the songs you'd Like to see, it doesn't mean he's not spicing things up. The last tours had several b-side not played in a long time songs, EVERY band have music they never played live. I'd love to see Dangerous at Night live, I think it would be powerful as very few musics, but, I know people who would say they'd prefer other stuff. And if he listens to everyone his set would have 300 musics. We just have to live with the fact that we'll never see him playing some musics, that's business.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Alice Creeper
Trash
Trash

Post by Alice Creeper » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:19 pm

Well thats great you go to the show and enjoy.

Its my paycheck and money i dont think i have to be condemed for having my rights.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:01 pm

Alice Creeper wrote:Well thats great you go to the show and enjoy.

Its my paycheck and money i dont think i have to be condemed for having my rights.
Alright mate, calm down! I don't think anyone here is forcing you to attend an Alice concert! We're certainly not trying to contravene your human rights!!

:laugh:

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm not really sure how an Alice Cooper setlist has anything to do with anyone's rights, but I'll go to an Alice show no matter what he plays. I'm going to enjoy his shows as much longer as I can.
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Back in Yorkshire after an amazing weekend in London, just wanted to say as always a huge thanks to everyone who made it possible for me to be there (namely Si, Jaded and Sparky lol) and to everyone who made it such a fun time, despite the heat while we queued! It really was something special, I'm just so grateful I was lucky enough to see it. Thank you!!! :clap:

Oh and Kerrang interviewed me after the show, another claim to fame I have now :p
Flesh fanatic psychopath

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:45 pm

Of all the shows to complain about, he picked this one?

:rotfl:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 pm

Alice Creeper wrote: Did Alice play any of these songs this tour ? NO
This thread is about the 100 Club show. Not about the tour setlist. There were several songs in the 100 Club setlist that have been played very rarely, and never in a normal concert setting.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 am

Alice Creeper wrote: And those covers ive had them on CD for 10 years now thats nothing new you have to remember here im a older Alice fan ive been around longer than just a 5 year fan.
Well by that measure there is no point him playing almost half the songs on your list either, as he has played those live in the past so you must HAVE them as well.
So why did you suggest he play those tracks which you have, while complaining that he played other tracks you have?
Nonsense.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:44 am

I agree completely with Si on this one.
Wish I could have been there. What more needs a fan.

In some tours Alice played almost always the same but the last years we were in for a treat or more. :clap: :rock:

Alice Creeper
Trash
Trash

Post by Alice Creeper » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:23 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:

Alright mate, calm down! I don't think anyone here is forcing you to attend an Alice concert! We're certainly not trying to contravene your human rights!!

:laugh:
Your right Sir Sorry to all. Really all im asking for is insert about 3-5 songs even just 3 rare or song he has not done live at all or in a long time. Maybe something like this for me is what im looking for.The set he has now miunus other bands songs Alice has more than enough good songs of his own to have to do all those covers.

Another Brick In The Wall cut/ insert King Of The Siler Screen

Train Kept A rollincut/ Freedom

Clones cut / I Love America

Feed My Frankenstien / Hard Hearted Alice

Muscle Of Love/ Life And The Death Of The Party

Wicked Young Man/ Return Of The Spiders

And still have room for ALL ALL his classics 18,Wheels ,Ethyl,Elected,Billion,Nice Guy Etc,Etc,Etc.

Im not askinbg for a miracle just 3-5 preferably 5 songs out of a well now im looking and the setlist is only 14 songs i thought there at least 19 songs so no room.For rare let alone 3 .

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:30 am

Alice Creeper wrote:Your right Sir Sorry to all. Really all im asking for is insert about 3-5 songs even just 3 rare or song he has not done live at all or in a long time. Maybe something like this for me is what im looking for.The set he has now miunus other bands songs Alice has more than enough good songs of his own to have to do all those covers.

Another Brick In The Wall cut/ insert King Of The Siler Screen

Train Kept A rollincut/ Freedom

Clones cut / I Love America

Feed My Frankenstien / Hard Hearted Alice

Muscle Of Love/ Life And The Death Of The Party

Wicked Young Man/ Return Of The Spiders
Clearly, you're confused. "Train Kept A Rollin'", "Back in the USSR", "You Really Got Me", "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place" and "Brown Sugar" are not part of No More Mr. Nice Guy Tour setlist.

This was a special one-off show in a small club where lots of covers were added just for the special occasion.

As far as some of your other critiques, is not "Clones (We're All)" a rare song? It's not been played very much. So to pick that song to remove out the set makes little sense to me.

Also, the usage of "Another Brick In The Wall" mashup with "School's Out" is nothing short of brilliant. You need to go watch a video because you're not understanding how it's part of the show. "King of the Silver Screen" would make no sense at all in that context.

I think we'd all love plenty of rarities in the show, but you gotta be realistic. For the most part, Alice has added some rarer songs and surprises from tour to tour.

Alice Creeper
Trash
Trash

Post by Alice Creeper » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:19 pm

Clearly, you're confused. "Train Kept A Rollin'", "Back in the USSR", "You Really Got Me", "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place" and "Brown Sugar" are not part of No More Mr. Nice Guy Tour setlist.

As far as some of your other critiques, is not "Clones (We're All)" a rare song? It's not been played very much. So to pick that song to remove out the set makes little sense to me.

Also, the usage of "Another Brick In The Wall" mashup with "School's Out" is nothing short of brilliant. You need to go watch a video because you're not understanding how it's part of the show. "King of the Silver Screen" would make no sense at all in that context.

quote]

Yeah im just talking the No More Mr Nice Guy Tour.

Clones ive heard it more than enough since 1996 thats 14 years of it.No he dont play it every tour but almost every other so time for something new there.

King Of The Silver Screen makes Total Sense and it dont need mashed into no song it just needs played.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Alice Creeper wrote:Clearly, you're confused. "Train Kept A Rollin'", "Back in the USSR", "You Really Got Me", "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place" and "Brown Sugar" are not part of No More Mr. Nice Guy Tour setlist.
No, and this thread isn`t about the tour setlist. It's about the 100 club show.
Alice Creeper wrote: Yeah im just talking the No More Mr Nice Guy Tour.

Then YOU posted in the wrong thread.
You posted "Im a huge Alice fan Hence why im here but im not going to see this show.Setlist is so tired same old over and over songs." in a thread about the 100 Club show.
Firstly you aren`t going to get the CHANCE to see this show, it's already happened, and secondly the setlist for THIS show wasn`t like any other show.
Alice Creeper wrote:No he dont play it every tour but almost every other so time for something new there.
Not true, even vaguely. It's only been played around a dozen (at a guess) shows in the last 25 years (it's normally dropped after a few shows when it is played). Never for a whole tour until this year.
http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/setlists/setlists.php

justvictoria
Trash
Trash

Post by justvictoria » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:22 pm

I might hsve one for you...if not a copy :) Rob,

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:02 pm

I'm happy for those who got tickets or invitations for this show. Something to cherish for ever.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:17 pm

I was on the Johnny Depp forums for something entirely different (great interview of Tim Powers) and thought to check out their thread about the 100 club event. Funny to see "the other side" of the coin :)

http://johnnydeppreads.com/index.php?sh ... 0235&st=30

Mike Drew
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Mike Drew » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi...Just wanted to a BIG thank you to all the usual suspects for putting up with my grumpy slaverings of nonsence, and thanks again for making this truly the most memorable Alice gig I have ever had the pleasure of attending.
Nice 1
Cheerz
md
"Its Only Rock N' Roll But Its Expensive"

www.michaeldrew.co.uk

Alice Creeper
Trash
Trash

Post by Alice Creeper » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 pm

Si wrote:
Alice Creeper wrote: No, and this thread isn`t about the tour setlist. It's about the 100 club show.
Alice Creeper wrote: Yeah im just talking the No More Mr Nice Guy Tour.

Then YOU posted in the wrong thread.

Oh sorry wheres that at the set list for the No More Mr Nice Guy Tour ?

Not true, even vaguely. It's only been played around a dozen (at a guess) shows in the last 25 years (it's normally dropped after a few shows when it is played). Never for a whole tour until this year.
http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/setlists/setlists.php

Your right i thought he played it more however he has played that song like you said maybe a dozen and 23 of the 29 songs i listed he has played them 0 Times and that there is the point im getting at.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:25 am

Alice Creeper wrote: Your right i thought he played it more however he has played that song like you said maybe a dozen and 23 of the 29 songs i listed he has played them 0 Times and that there is the point im getting at.
Thanks for pointing that out to all of us. Now maybe next time you'll get at that point in the proper thread.

:headcutoff:

Alice Creeper
Trash
Trash

Post by Alice Creeper » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:38 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Alice Creeper wrote: Your right i thought he played it more however he has played that song like you said maybe a dozen and 23 of the 29 songs i listed he has played them 0 Times and that there is the point im getting at.
Thanks for pointing that out to all of us. Now maybe next time you'll get at that point in the proper thread.

:headcutoff:
Your welcome Now i just need to find that thraed.