For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

digitaledge
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: 100 Club

Post by digitaledge » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:10 pm

All I know is that it is not Slash - the folk in charge of Alice's FB page stated that it was NOT him. Plus the pictures posted were of an SG (or SG style guitar) and not the Les Paul that Slash plays.

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:11 pm

My guess would be Johnny Depp.

Schinkengott
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Not the clearest shot, but yes...Johnny Depp it is.
http://twitpic.com/5hca5r
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:34 pm

sitting here at home bored just thinking that I am missing Alice in this one off gig! :(

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:53 pm

and i can see slash appearing for schools out 2b fair!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:01 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:and i can see slash appearing for schools out 2b fair!
They already played School's Out (according to posts on Twitter)..and no Slash.

Also, Slash is NOT showing up. Confirmed by:
1. Alice's FB page.
2. Slash's tweet about a crying baby in his section of the plane hours ago.

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:33 pm

There's now a pic of Depp backstage on the official Alice Cooper facebook page. Apparently he played on Eighteen and School's Out.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:56 pm

thats pretty cool, gutted I missed it! reviews please. Although I expect the whole best gig ever etc etc.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:23 pm

Just walking down Oxford St to the tube on a high.

Alice Cooper threw everyone a curve ball tonight when halfway through the gig a special guest turned up on guitar it wasn't Slash it was Johnny Depp!
Killer set including covers of Train Kept A Rolling, Brown Sugar, Back In The USSR, You Really Got Me, We Gotta Get Outta This Place & Fire.

Different Alice songs included Muscle Of Love think that was the only new song since Donnington.

Sickthings were there at the front and a special mention to Dan (While Heaven Wept) who I had a couple of beers with as we buried our differences and got on like musicians usually do when they realize they got a lot in common.

AWESOME NIGHT!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Just in the last couple of weeks Alice was talking about him on the radio show.
Me = Winning

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Awesome show. Just simply awesome.
We didn`t get the make up Alice, we got the man, chatting between songs, making jokes, just having a laugh with 350 of his close friends, it was really like that.
The band were spectacular and the whole 75 or so minute show wizzed by.
SOOOOOO much fun!!!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:08 am

Photos up in photos section.

I'm just too good to you lot.

Sarah
Killer
Killer

Post by Sarah » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:20 am

Oh wow, fantastic photos! Thanks Si!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:32 am

Wow, that place is tiny. I had no real sense of that as I'm not familiar with the venue.

Alice should definitely do something similar here in the states... it's no fair you guys get all the fun unique events anymore. :nono:

Thanks for getting the pics posted so fast Si.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:16 am

Short video with Johnny on stage. A bit of School's Out/Another Brick in the Wall.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v8a9ZHi66U

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:49 am

Thx for the clip!!....cool to see Depp there!
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:38 am

The Alice Cooper crew hit the stage of the 100 Club last night with a vengeance and completely destroyed the place leaving the 300 or so Sickthings in attendance floating on air down Oxford Street afterwards. A mix of Cooper classics and British invasion covers the set was a unique event as the traditional onstage Alice took a night off and we got the off stage Alice, laughing and joking with his bandmates and the audience to brilliant effect and proving what we always knew, even without all the theatrics and blood Alice can always deliver the greatest show on earth.

Opening with the old Yardbirds classic 'Train Kept A Rollin'' before hammering out 'Under My Wheels' and 'No More Mr Nice Guy.' He had the cane and ended the song laughingly saying "who HASN'T had a cane yet' before tossing it to the right. Coop was relaxed and in a fun mood: "tonight I can talk to you, Alice would NEVER talk to you. He doesn`t even talk to me!"

'Is It My Body' followed with the surprise appearance of the snake, who it seems has missed Alice since Download and wrapped himself all around his body lovingly. 'Brown Sugar' rocked like never before with the audiance and the band joining as one voice, before Alice introduced new song 'I'll Bite Your Face Off' from the forthcoming 'Welcome 2 My Nightmare' which is a a mouthwatering preview of the eagaly awaited album.
"I was on 'Top Gear' today' he laughed. 'Let me put it this way, I wasn`t last!!".

Between each song Alice began introducing the band one by one. Steve, then Tommy, Glen, then Chuck "the anchor of the band". In fact in his excitement he almost forgot Damon on the far left until, when reminded, he just said "oh they all KNOW Damon Johnson!" The whole band played a blinder and seemed to really get off on having the audience right in their faces after so many huge festivals, and it doesn't come more intimate then the tiny 100 Club.

'Muscle Of Love', 'Cold Ethyl' and 'Billion Dollar Babies', with handfulls of dollar bills thrown out, then stuffed in Damon's shirt only to be ripped back out by the fans as he lent over them (a little more gentle next time guys!!) continued the assault before returning to their roots with The Beatles' 'Back In The USSR'.

"You may know this one' joked Alice before the famous synth chord rings out and it's into a bouncing 'Poison' which kept the very hot audience moving and chanting back every word. A homage to The Kinks with 'You Really Got Me' followed

Then, with the sweat dripping off the roof, they raised the heat just a little further with the arrival on stage of Kentucky blues legend Johnny D, in reality movie legend Johnny Depp (Alice appears in the new Depp/Tim Burton movie 'Dark Shadows') who grabbed a guitar for a four pronged attack on 'I'm Eighteen' and 'School's Out'. Depp rocking out with Chuck and Damon on Alice's right proving he can really play and causing Alice to invite him to join the band on a permanent basis, which he respectful laughed and declined.

With Johnny back to the wings it was the home stretch. 'Elected' had the audience screaming the choruses before they declared "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place' (The Animals) and brought the show to a close with current tour closer 'Fire'.

No encore needed, the band left the stage as the audience tried to regain some sense of sanity after the party to end all parties.

Thanks to everyone involved in pulling off this tiny, unique, show. Live rock simply doesn`t get more intimate and joyful the this.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:00 am

Thank you so much for the detailed description...would love to see a video of some of these covers...and I am thrilled to hear that Alice is going to be in the Dark Shadows reboot with Depp...wonder what he is playing?
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:25 am

Here is a video of 1'm 18 with Depp and the band...

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Johnny-De ... eo/8215787
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:07 am

Wow! I nearly got up in the middle of the night to come and see if someone had posted a review! Thanks for that Si!

It must be strange, but very cool to see Alice perform as himself.

Loved the remark about the cane :laugh: