Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Re: NMMNG Show (Spoilers)

Post by Dragonlady » Sat May 14, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi Kyler! Nice to see you!

I just browsed some fabulous photos on facebook. Don't know if you can see this: http://tinyurl.com/5t47rl9
And I can't post it elsewhere for obvious reasons.

But, I want that t-shirt! :love:

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Sat May 14, 2011 9:08 pm

how about clones??
so curious about it... can't imagine how it sounds if it is actually played by three guitars and no keyboards! can anyone who heard it comment about it?
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat May 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Spot and Jerome wrote:how about clones??
so curious about it... can't imagine how it sounds if it is actually played by three guitars and no keyboards! can anyone who heard it comment about it?
The beginning drum machine part played for a bit like on the album, but then Glen took over on drums and the band kicked in.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat May 14, 2011 9:19 pm

Dragonlady wrote: I just browsed some fabulous photos on facebook. Don't know if you can see this: http://tinyurl.com/5t47rl9
Those are great pics.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Sun May 15, 2011 1:46 am

Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun May 15, 2011 2:52 am

Pitta wrote:http://karenannhunter.blogspot.com/

That's intresting :)
Very cool to read that. Thanks.

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:23 am

Thanks so much for that.. Really enjoyable read. I do have a question.. Do we know yet what show we here in Michigan will be getting in August? Just curious.

Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun May 15, 2011 8:08 am

I've had someone else message me saying BML wasn`t played as well. Who knows haha

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun May 15, 2011 1:03 pm

I was pretty sure Alice had the riding crop during it, but perhaps I thought that's the song they were playing when it started, and it wasn't but that was stuck in my memory.

I guess when other show reviews come in that will clarify.

And I only had one beer before the show.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sun May 15, 2011 3:02 pm

I don't remember BML being played, and it doesn't fit the setlist or show, either.

Hunter

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun May 15, 2011 4:03 pm

I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. :smack:

That said, I never thought I'd see a time when BML wasn't played. But that goes for BODF also.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun May 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Another funny thing was Alice's reaction when Glen missed catching the top hat on his drum stick at the end of the show.

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sun May 15, 2011 4:58 pm

What did he do????
Btw thanks to all those who posted links and pics etc of the new show, I LOVE the new song, can't wait to hear it live.
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun May 15, 2011 6:08 pm

He just made a funny surprised face... like not catching that was unacceptable. :grin:

drummercook
Trash
Trash

Post by drummercook » Sun May 15, 2011 7:16 pm

I have been a life long fan of Alice. This was only my second Cooper show. The other one was 1979 Madhouse Rocks Tour at age 10. Two days before the Elizabeth Indiana show I read an interview with Alice. In the interview he stated that it would be "less death and more guitar." That is definitely what you get with this show. But don't worry there is still plenty of eye candy. Snakes, mannequins, a 12 foot monster, confetti, streamers, multiple wardrobe changes and of course the guillotine. Alice's performance was amazing. The sleazy way he slithered around the stage using props and physically performing the lyrics proved that he is truly a master. He commanded the stage at all times and kept the crowd energized all night long. His voice sounded great as well.

The band was tight and rock solid. Having three guitarists was awesome.They traded off solos and worked really well together. I particularly enjoyed seeing Steven Hunter since he was the guitarist at my first Alice show in 1979. Sobel did a fantastic job on the drums. I have been a drummer for 33 years and can be overly critical in this area. His time was great, he stayed true to the songs and was a pretty good showman as well. He scored bonus points for playing Mapex drums! :)

Alice opened the show with "Black Widow" and went into "Brutal Planet." He proceeded to assault the crowd with hit after hit.(I don't recall "Be My Lover" being played.) Then came the opening notes of "Halo of Flies." I thought I was gonna lose my mind. The lady sitting next to me asked me what song they were playing. I stopped rocking just long enough to tell her. The new song "I'll Bite Your Face Off" was a pleasant surprise. That song is just a straight up rocker. I flipped out when the band kicked in to "Clones." I love that song and did not expect to hear it live. The keyboard melodies were played on guitar and sounded better and heavier than the album version. Other highlights were "I Love the Dead" with the guitarists trading solos and the theatrics of "Feed My Frankenstein." The way they weaved Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" into "Schools Out" was genius! I have never been a big fan of the song "Poison." But even that rocked live!

I know alot of people have been complaining about songs like "The Ballad of Dwight Fry" and " Welcome to my Nightmare" missing from the set list. I would like to have heard those songs too. There were alot of my favs he did not play. "Dead Babies" "Guilty" Hello Hooray" to name a few. But that just shows how deep the mans catalog is! He could play for hours and still not play all of his great songs.

I was overwhelmed about how nice all of the fans were. The lady and her husband that sat next to me kept giving me their binoculars to check out stuff. I never even asked to borrow them. Everyone I had interactions with treated me like i had known them for years. We were having dinner before the show when a woman asked us if we were going to the show and if we had tickets. We told her yes. then she informed us she had two tickets she was going to GIVE us if we needed them. I have been to alot of concerts and have never had anyone offer me free tickets. It was like one big family.

Days before the show. My coworkers were curious about the spectacle of it all. Like the music was secondary. I too was expecting alot of theatrics. But for me, the set list was the star. Less death and more guitar? I rocked so hard my neck was sore the next day. Maybe he should tweak the title of the new song and call it "I'll Rock Your Face Off" Because he most certainly did! :grin:

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sun May 15, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi Drummercook! And welcome to the STUK forums!

Thanks for the great review! It's fun to read how an "old" fan (you seem to be the same age as me) can see the show with new eyes.
And you have some really interesting points there.

I often tell people who don't know how rock concerts are, that it's one of the nicests communities ever, I've mostly had wonderful experiences.

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Sun May 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Great post Drummer, loved reading it.

If Alice played all the songs everyone wanted to hear, it would be an all night show.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

Awakening
Killer
Killer

Post by Awakening » Sun May 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Backstage video for last show, may the 14th:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVXVJdJSaPM

Anybody have a set-list for this one ? It is the same ?

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sun May 15, 2011 10:08 pm

If you'd really like to see a show may I suggest that you get in your car,take a plane, train or hot air balloon and travel to a show like the rest of us do
Jaded,
Please advise which of the currently scheduled US cities you would deem worthy of a plane ticket and Holiday, LOL?
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun May 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:
If you'd really like to see a show may I suggest that you get in your car,take a plane, train or hot air balloon and travel to a show like the rest of us do
Jaded,
Please advise which of the currently scheduled US cities you would deem worthy of a plane ticket and Holiday, LOL?
Isn't that rather a personal choice? Which city would you prefer to visit? Where can you find a better monetary deal? do you know people going to a certain show? If you're only going for the Coop show, it's rather 6 of one, half dozen of another. If you factor in other aspects that appeal to you personally, then your decision is likely already made.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!