Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: NMMNG Show (Spoilers)

Post by steven15322 » Fri May 13, 2011 2:17 pm

WOW
I'm in my 8th listen to the new song and I am liking what I am hearing. I can just imagine how good this will sound all polished on the album...Man I can't wait till this comes out :clap:
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Hey, I just wanted to say that it was incredible meeting Hunter (SickThings) and ThePainAddict (Kevin), and always a treat seeing RI (Glenn)...coupled with my 2 friends that was officially inducted into the world of Alice Cooper for the first time (they loved it, except my friend Dustin's favorite song of Dirty Diamonds wasn't played). Thanks guys for a great night...what an amazing setlist and I am paying for it now...already a sore throat now with all the screaming and singing, my voice sounds closer to Barry White LOL
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Cooper69
Trash
Trash

Post by Cooper69 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:40 pm

pretty short setlist. Is it cuz he's playing with other bands on the bill?

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri May 13, 2011 3:47 pm

The show was a solid hour and a half, but yes, everything about it is designed for the upcoming festivals---the heavier sound and setlist, the fewer props, etc. But they are also playing full versions of "The Black Widow" and "Only Women Bleed," the latter of which hasn't been done in a non-abbreviated form in years---Alice said that he loved having three guitarists so that they could play the full instrumentation of songs like OWB.

Hunter

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:48 pm

I wonder if its because he is playing a lot of the songs longer, etc. coupled with the other bands on various bills...none the less, it was amazing...
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Cooper69
Trash
Trash

Post by Cooper69 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:14 pm

do you think that when he does shows by himself that he might add a few more songs to the set or is this gonna be it? I can't picture going to see him and he not play welcome to my nightmare. That would be like going to a Kiss show and them not playing R'n'R All Nite. IMO!!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri May 13, 2011 4:25 pm

Pitta wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk_20BdwbX4

Here is the new song :) Not the best quality :(
:clap: Ooooh that sounds fabulous. Wow,always such a treat to hear a new song! Thanks for posting.

Full version of "Black Widow"? Does it get any better? I love that song. Could do without "OWB" but of course you need a few classics too. And I bet it sounds great with the three guitars.

I sure would remember "Be My Lover" too, always one of my favourites too. And with the snake back in on this I should be in heaven! But there won't be a snake here so no need to raise my expectation *sigh*

The Spider
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The Spider » Fri May 13, 2011 4:31 pm

Anyone got any good links to Pictures! Tour sounds fantastic so far, as does the new song!
You're all Dirty Little Diamonds
www.davidyoung-music.co.uk

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Fri May 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Cooper69 wrote: I can't picture going to see him and he not play welcome to my nightmare. That would be like going to a Kiss show and them not playing R'n'R All Nite. IMO!!
In which indeed did happen during a show that I went to during 1984's "Lick it Up" tour at the Centrum in Worcester, Ma. Due to time over-run, "Lick it Up" was the encore. Perhaps the first time they have not played "R&R All Night"....not 100% certain.

As for Alice not performing "WTMN"?
It certainly isn't the first tour that he doesn't perform it, and probably won't be the last. I am STILL seeing Alice LIVE in the year 2011, so I could care less if he throws a few Leif Garrett songs in there!
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

The Spider
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The Spider » Fri May 13, 2011 6:02 pm

He Didn't play WTMN at the London Roundhouse shows either as far as I can remember.
You're all Dirty Little Diamonds
www.davidyoung-music.co.uk

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri May 13, 2011 7:05 pm

>But there won't be a snake here

How do you know?

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Fri May 13, 2011 7:20 pm

Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri May 13, 2011 7:23 pm

>But there won't be a snake here

How do you know?

I live in Switzerland, and so far I only have the Swiss show lined up for this tour.

It's apparently way too complicated to import a snake here*, and whenever there was one on tour, like in 98. It was only on for the UK tour. Thanks to Bill!

I begged my colleague at the vivarium to lend a snake but he will never let one of his babies be carried about like that. Ah well.

I'm sure I told the story ten thousand times about how my only occasion to see a snake with Alice, so far, was the Astoria in 98, but a fight broke out just as Renfield brought the snake and the security guys who were trying to stop the fight blocked my view for the whole song. :(

* you don't want to know the trouble we've had with lending *stuffed* animals accross the border. It's a good thing that there is a legislation, but this can border on ridiculous.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri May 13, 2011 7:36 pm

>It's apparently way too complicated to import a snake here*,

How do you know they won't try and find one locally, though?

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri May 13, 2011 8:12 pm

thank you dude.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri May 13, 2011 8:32 pm

scotty wrote:thank you dude.
My pleasure!
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Fri May 13, 2011 8:50 pm

It was great meeting the other SickThings from the list, Hunter, Glenn, & Chris (Skittles).
Show was fantastic. Although I thought I would really miss not having Cali or Tiffany, the show had a much crisper, tighter pace. Actually, Alice didn't get any real long breaks. Black Widow started and there was no real long extended jam at the end. Only other break was the instrumental part of HoF, but even there it wasn't real long (no drum solo). The show was done in under 90 minutes. The Deacon was very old school, he never moved that much before, and he is on his pedal board a lot. Also, he was the only one not to use ear buds, just had in regular ear plugs, and I didn't see a really close monitor. He also busted out Orange amps, another old school touch. His leads were great, he would tweak some of the classic tunes. Although, I think a lot of people might have missed some of his playing, like the small slide work on the end of Ethyl and his wicked intro to Clones. He played a Les Paul on all the heavy songs (dropped D) and a SG on the rest. No real back drop, a few screens with writing on them: stage right said "The Spiders, with a spider logo kind of like on the box set. Stage left said "Steven was here", although a WtMN reference, it was also behind Hunter. I could not read the one in the center. Drum riser had "No More Mr. Nice Guy" written on it. Canes, riding crops, sword, dagger, trash can, crutch..usual props. During Elected, did mention "problems in Louisville", but nobody in political masks. Chuck has the big mutton chops and longer than usual hair. Deacon and Glen had "Remember the Coop" shirts written exactly like the old jean jacket. Damon and Alice had 'Bitch, Bitch, Bitch' shirts, but nor in the same lettering as Alice's old shirt. Everyone, including Alice began with motorcyle vests with the Alice logo from one of the shirts, which also looks like a biker logo.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri May 13, 2011 9:04 pm

ThePainAddict wrote:It was great meeting the other SickThings from the list, Hunter, Glenn, & Chris (Skittles).
That's right... Skittles!
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Fri May 13, 2011 10:10 pm

Great to see that Alice is including a song from W2MN in the set list!
If I´m not mistaken, "I'll Bite Your Face Off" was originaly a Neal Smith song called "Voodoo Moon".

Ingo