Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: No More Mr. Nice Guy Tour

Post by James1981 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:15 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:
James1981 wrote:If he was going to announce any more dates in the uk(which i hope he does) It would not be until they have sold as many tickets as possible for download i bet.
Are you saying Alice and his people are money grabbers? Strange assumption you make.
I am not saying anything of the sort. As Si pointed out it is standard practice for festivals as if all the artists playing there announced their own tours the ticket sales of the festival would be affected. I for one would not be going to the download festival if i knew for sure that Alice was going to be playing in Scotland later in the year.
Boomshanka

MagnumMaid
Trash
Trash

Post by MagnumMaid » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Not shure if this has been posted anywhere, but found this info regarding this years tour on chuckgarric.com:

"Chuck then takes the stage with newly inducted Rock N’ Roll Hall of Famer, Alice Cooper for the rest of the year, touring throughout the US and Europe from May – December. European rock fans will be treated to a relentless all new set featuring the new band lineup and then the US will get the debut of the new theatrical show released in conjunction with “Welcome 2 My Nightmare” on which Garric appears."

Sounds like an album release and new show around august then?

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:15 pm

Wow! Does that mean that the show I'll be going to in August will be the Welcome 2 My Nightmare show?
I thought my tickets said "No More Mr. Nice Guy"? Don't get me wrong.. This would be really cool.

Danny
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:29 am

That appears to be a couple of months old and could have changed by now.
Me = Winning

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:43 pm

So,as far as we know ,is the "No More Mr Nice Guy" tour going on until the end of the year ?
I am a little bit confused..
Hope the setlist will shock us !

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:09 pm

>So,as far as we know ,is the "No More Mr Nice Guy" tour going on until the end of the year ?

That is not currently the intention.

shock rock
Killer
Killer

Post by shock rock » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Looking at the "tour dates" from the news page,there is not a solitary date scheduled yet for the "Under My Wheels " rocker in Sept/Oct.That is his prime-time of year for his show.Dates have been coming in lately for August and no further, excluding the gigs in Nov in France.
You Can Take My Head And Cut It Off
But You Ain't Gonna Change My Mind

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:27 am

shock rock wrote:Looking at the "tour dates" from the news page,there is not a solitary date scheduled yet for the "Under My Wheels " rocker in Sept/Oct.That is his prime-time of year for his show.Dates have been coming in lately for August and no further, excluding the gigs in Nov in France.
Yeah that's true!Thanks.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:25 pm

so anybody want to speculate what type of show we will be getting when the NMMNG tour kicks off on May 12? As I am seeing the show opening night, I have some speculation...does anybody think it will be a regular alice production (not as big as TOD but a regular Cooper tour) or do you think he will surprise us...what could the theme be this time? Could he bring a lot of rarities into the setlist? I figure he won't do 4 executions this time and since the guillotine is in the artwork then maybe that...the snake sounds like it is back...any ideas? Alice hasn't said a whole lot about the tour in general..
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

The Spider
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The Spider » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:32 pm

No, he hasn't said a whole lot. Now I maybe wrong (Infact I probably am) but I have a feeling that this tour will be a non-theatrical tour, such as Bare Bones, due to the fact that this follows a huge production (Theatre of Death). But like I say, I'm probably wrong.
You're all Dirty Little Diamonds
www.davidyoung-music.co.uk

electrocute1031
Trash
Trash

Post by electrocute1031 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:16 pm

I have a feeling this tour will be like the Psycho Drama tour, where he played a lot of "lesser known material (Raped an Freezing,Long Way To Go,PA#9)". The theatrics were pretty tame, consisting of more hand held objects. It would make sense as well because both tours are right before a "Grand Production Tour". Plus Steve Hunter is back and I'm praying they bust out some Older material like: some folks, Serious, How you gunna see me now), that hasn't been played in years. Hey one can hope right :alice:

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:23 pm

Whether it is full of theatrics or not (personally i hope not, just for a change) I'd love to see a KICK ASS intro...-of course not with schools out-

The Spider
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The Spider » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:50 pm

Yeah, looking through the set list archives here on STUK, on the less theatrical tours he has played some hidden gems (Who do you think we are, Serious etc.) Also, let's hope for some more UK Dates!!
You're all Dirty Little Diamonds
www.davidyoung-music.co.uk

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:38 am

Yea.. I agree. I rather enjoyed the Bare Bones Tour. It was nice to see Alice without the theatrics for a change. It really connected Alice to the music.

Danny~

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm not really a fan of speculation, but judging from the promo poster I really don't get the feeling that it will be "Bare Bones" style.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:24 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:so anybody want to speculate what type of show we will be getting when the NMMNG tour kicks off on May 12? As I am seeing the show opening night, I have some speculation...does anybody think it will be a regular alice production (not as big as TOD but a regular Cooper tour) or do you think he will surprise us...what could the theme be this time? Could he bring a lot of rarities into the setlist? I figure he won't do 4 executions this time and since the guillotine is in the artwork then maybe that...the snake sounds like it is back...any ideas? Alice hasn't said a whole lot about the tour in general..
Yes ACAS27, I think you're right about it being a Theatrical tour in the sense of regular basic Alice theatrics ex: Guillotine,snake skeletons,cold ethyl doll,swords etc. I will be glad to see a show like this cause i saw AC twice once in 2003 Bare bones tour didn't like it at all cause there were no theatrics used in the show. Then saw him again in 2007 Psycho Drama tour with very little theatrics was a little better but still not the Alice i like. An I missed 2009,2010 TOD tours would haved loved to haved seen them tours but didn't, so now I'm seeing AC for the 3rd time and hoping for alot of theatrics just not over used like on TOD tours.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:34 pm

I wonder if a person should read anything into this but the Star's website said that Alice's NMMNG tour would help recreate his classics like School's Out and You and Me.

What are the chances that the Coop might finally bring back You and Me? Maybe this tour will mark the return of some rarely played songs, I hope I hope :)
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:20 pm

AliceFan wrote:Then saw him again in 2007 Psycho Drama tour with very little theatrics was a little better but still not the Alice i like.
The Psycho Drama tour had very little theatrics?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:39 am

The Psycho Drama Tour had a lot of theatrics!

The needle, the guillotine, the gallows, the grinder thing, the spikes.. It was a highly theatrical show.

Danny

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:16 pm

>The Psycho Drama Tour had a lot of theatrics!

The needle, the guillotine, the gallows, the grinder thing, the spikes.. It was a highly theatrical show.

You're thinking of a different presentation entirely.