For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Milan - Italy 11-18-2010

Post by Spot and Jerome » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:07 pm

First post here, so hi everybody... may I be the first forum-er from Italy?!
Just wanted to share a quick review of TOD show yesterday in Milan.
Saw Alice 5 times since 97, and I have to say this one was absolutely the best.
Having seen tons of videos on youtube, seen the official dvd, heard many bootlegs (ooops!) you would expect to be relatively prepared when it gets to the real thing.
Couldn't be wronger!
The whole show totally killed me, I was nearly in tears after a couple of minutes (and I don't easily get emotional...)
The first thing that stunned me was Alice's vocal performance, he really never sounded better, he even hit some big and long notes that were more powerful than the official (and obviously post-produced) dvd.
He was in terrific shape, as was the whole band. The first videos of TOD that showed up on youtube got me a little worried, his voice was sounding worn and the band was good but not great. After all this touring, well... they are just awesome!
As I read from some other comments around, this is the first time that the instrumental parts are actually a highlight of the show, I am not into guitar heroes and I was so happy to see many Gibson guitars and Keri and Damon being such smoking rock'n'roll players!
This is also the first time in years that I did not miss the keyboards, which means the whole band really did a great job.
The stage was not huge so no space for the A L I C E letters, but there were the two monsters they used at the Roundhouse.
A final touch of folklore: because of the awful traffic, I was nearly lost in Milan trying to find some alternative way to get to the show on time, swearing like a maniac because the traffic was terrible and the clock was running quickly. Well, somehow I managed to enter the door right when the bell was ringing for School's out and the curtain was being dropped. What a cool way to start a fantastic evening :alice:
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Milan - Italy 11-18-2010

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:46 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Glad to hear you had fun. I agree this is one of best tours I've seen if not the best. For me it was the 13th show since 97 also.

We also didn't have the letters, and only Frankenstein's Bride, no Cyclops. Maybe it was his day off?

Do stick around.

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Re: Milan - Italy 11-18-2010

Post by Spot and Jerome » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:56 pm

Well, I read your review before going to the show in Milan, and was excited about how good the show in Zurich was.
In Milan we were lucky enough to have the cyclops too, pure fun ;)
By the way, knowing the club in Milan pretty well, I was doubting they could use the staircase on Vengeance is mine because the roof is quite low.
They actually used it, but it was fun to see Alice nearly hit the spotlights while waving his cane ;)
Another "might have gone wrong" moment was when Tiffany plays with the iron maiden during Killer before actually pushing it to the end. She just touched it a bit too strong and it flowed quickly and was nearly closed, so instead of touching it again and again as seen in the dvd, she just rubbed it in and out for a while before pushing it to the end ;)
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine