For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Presale for ME, CT & MA

Post by Give the kid a break » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi all, just noticed that the pre-sale for Worcester MA, Portland ME & Mohegan Sun CT begins tomorrow, but I haven't recieved a presale code or alert from AC.com, which I have on previous occasions. Does anyone have info on who is privy to this presale? thanks so much.
Don't know why i'm down here, must be something I said.......

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Presale for ME, CT & MA

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:32 am

>Does anyone have info on who is privy to this presale? thanks so much.

You need to sign up again with www.alicecooper.com to ensure you get the alerts.

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:47 am

ahhh, about five minutes after I hit "send" for this posting I received my notification from AC.com. PHEW!!! I was getting a bit worried!
Thanks for the reply.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:24 am

Yeah, the emails come out a bit staggered. Though, as of right now, the ticket page again seems to be not working.

Whether I click on shows that will be on presale tomorrow, or ones that are already on sale, they all go to an error page.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 am

AC.com only have GA available for Portland. I'm short and not pushy enough to make it towards the front, so GA isn't for me. :blush: I'm SO excited though - I don't have to make a trek this year from ME to CT. :clap: It's right down the street.

Has anyone been to the Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland? Just wondering how they set it up for GA concerts and where to try to get seats (I haven't lived here very long, so I really don't know this venue). It's going to be a long week, waiting for Friday so I can order my tickets. :alice: Anyone else going to the one in Portland?
It's just the little things...

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Diane, we are going to the Portland show. Of the three venues this one is the best, and smallest. The parking garage is connected to the venue and the $3 parking cost has been the same for about 25 years. Also very small and my guess is that this one will probably sell out.
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:57 pm

There are also presales through ticketmaster today, which do require a pass code, but you could likely get seats not just GA through this presale...I don't know the passcode, but I see the passcode for the Worcester show is "spooky" not sure if it will work for all of the shows.

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:09 pm

i'm working the spooky pass code, it does work for the internet presale but the seats are so-so. i'm going to keep trying in hopes a closer set comes up. i.e. in Worcester i'm getting sections 102/106 ugh, really, at 5 past 10 we can't access anything closer?

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:10 pm

the code "spooky" does work.

My bad, posted before I saw you had!

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:42 pm

I bought my ticket for Nashville via Ticketmaster. No interest in a General Admission floor---I'm too old for that.

"spooky" worked for Nashville, too. Thanks for posting that, because I never received the password from TM, despite being on their lists....

The seats weren't great, but I'm used to that with TM, and I decided to just go ahead and get them and be happy....

Hunter

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Tony, I was wondering about you! :) You going to be there for all acts? Murderdolls do use strong language, just in case you didn't know. You getting GA or waiting until Friday to order tickets? I'm assuming seats on Friday? I have no idea what are good seats at this place. Any suggestions on what areas to try for?

I checked ticketmaster and they only have GA tickets too (thanks for the code! not sure why I didn't get it from them). :( I'll keep checking though, just in case. I was really hoping for presale tickets. Oh well.

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Diane, thanks for the info! I was hoping that New England wouldn't get this Alice/Rob show, but since it is our only opportunity until next year we will go to at least one....already got our tix for the Worcester show which is reserved, so I feel much safer with my daughter.

As for the language thing, that is something that is very uncomfortable for us. We experienced it when we saw Weds 13 open for Alice....Yikes! In the Worcester situation I actually could come in late, whereas Portland, I COULD, but nothing will be left for seats.....DAMN!!!

Also, alot of Civic Center shows are TOTAL general admission, meaning seating area as well. Seen some great shows over the years and have been "comfy" at the same time. Just be sure to go in the entrance on the side of the civic center, not the back. This is a very smal, very basic venue.

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Glad the code worked for you!

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:11 pm

SickThings wrote:I bought my ticket for Nashville via Ticketmaster. No interest in a General Admission floor---I'm too old for that.

Hunter

My wife and I, with an average age of 40 hear what you saying. Couple that with the fact that I would have to wear "Kiss" style platform boots to see......

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:28 pm

TonyfromNH wrote:We experienced it when we saw Weds 13 open for Alice....Yikes!
lucky for you, wed13 is the lead singer of the murderdolls.

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Tony, I know re: the language thing; that's why I thought I'd mention it, just in case you didn't know. And thanks for the heads up re: GA for everything. Guess I'm off to buy tickets now. :)

ETA: tickets ordered. :clap: Again, thanks for the info Tony!

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:15 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
TonyfromNH wrote:We experienced it when we saw Weds 13 open for Alice....Yikes!
lucky for you, wed13 is the lead singer of the murderdolls.

LOL, well then....Like to say I knew that, but I can't. So I will consider it a lateral move, or is it? That was pretty damn funny to read that reply. Whereas Alice is about as "hard" as I listen to I had no friggin idea.

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:14 pm

well, what a stressful morning. After playing the presale game w/ticketmaster, and talking to Tony from NH, we both ended up getting decent assigned seats in the lodges at Worcester at about 10:30am today. HOWEVER, at 1pm I recieved an email from ac.com telling me that the server crashed this AM and NOW you can go on and get presale tickets. Really? SHEESH. Looks like AC reserved the lodges 108 & 109, and since I didn't order tickets from them i'm wondering if they gave seat assignments, or do you have to wait and find out as it gets closer. Kinda crappy, if they notified us of this we could have stood by and waited, instead of dealing w/the somewhat lousy (for presale) seats that TM was offering. Although it seemed that the later you searched, the better the seats were getting. I did end up in 109, so i hope to be with lots of other sickthings! Tony, tell me you aren't wearing the platform boots, ok? haha And it looks like you are going to need G Rated earplugs for Portland, eehhh.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:33 pm

You have to wait for seat assignments via AC.com. However, while it was taking many weeks before, out of nowhere, a friend of mine did the AC.com presale for the milwaukee show, and found his seats out....5 DAYS later!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:42 pm

oh wow, that's a nice turnaround. And in this case the sections are great, so I guess if I had the option I would def. go for it w/out knowing the assignments. Just by perserverence I was able to get into one of the sections that AC had offered for Worcester. Maybe Tickmaster was sick of me repeatedly clicking on "search again" 25 times, haha