For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Re: Presale for ME, CT & MA

Post by TonyfromNH » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Give the kid a break wrote: Tony, tell me you aren't wearing the platform boots, ok? haha And it looks like you are going to need G Rated earplugs for Portland, eehhh.

Nah, I'll pass on the boots until we go to the Adam Lambert show next Saturday. Think we may now even pass on Portland because if I came in late to avoid the opening act I would have lousy seats.
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:33 pm

Aw, Tony, that's too bad. :( Understandable, though. It would have been nice to see you again.

Everyone I know going to the concert are all going to the one in Worcester. I hope it's a good crowd here.
It's just the little things...

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:31 pm

Thanks Diane. You will love the Portland Civic Center!! Still thinking about it but......

Rocketdog
Trash
Trash

Post by Rocketdog » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Some news I wanted to share for anyone going to the show to the show in ME tonight. Local radio station WBLM is having a pre-show party at BINGA's STADIUM (77 Free Street
Portland, ME 04101 - conveniently located right across the street from the Civic Center) at 5:30 tonight. At 6:00, they are going to choose a bunch of fans to go backstage and meet Alice & Rob Zombie. If you dress like a zombie, you double your chances of winning, too!

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:49 am

i'm curious about the show last night-AND if anyone knows about contests like the one Rocketdog describes, for the Worcester show. I have been checking the WZLX website for any info, nothing yet and I"m guessing since they are the ones who broadcast NWAC they'd be holding any contests or specials for the DCU concert tomorrow.
Sickthings, who is going to the DCU besides Tony & myself?
Don't know why i'm down here, must be something I said.......

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Ah, I didn't get on here yesterday, so I missed your post, Rocketdog. We were even thinking of going to Bingas beforehand, but we got a late start, so we just went to get in line. Oh well. With our luck, we wouldn't have won any anyway, and missed out on the seats we got.

As for the show - it was fantastic! I haven't seen Alice a lot, this was only my 5th time, but I think it was one of his best. He sounded great. It was a really good crowd too, and there was a lot of energy both in the crowd and on stage. I could have done without the Murderdolls; I didn't enjoy them much. And we didn't stay for Zombie (long story on why, won't bore you with it, but I was bummed I didn't even get to see one song). My hubby almost got me a necklace, but he missed it by a hair. And it went flying 3 rows back to where Tony's daughter was sitting, so she got it. :clap: I didn't even realize they were there until then! Sorry I missed you guys!

:alice: :rock:

Rocketdog
Trash
Trash

Post by Rocketdog » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:55 am

I liked the show last night quiet a bit, too! Especially since I ended up winning another contest that same radio station had, which...(drum-roll please.....)....was an Alice Cooper Lifetime Laminate! Basically it's a pass that gets me into any Alice show, anywhere, anytime for LIFE. Granted, it's my dime to pay for any travel expenses - but once I'm there, I'm in. How awesome is that?

I was completely stunned and in shock when I found out I actually won, and really, I still am. We got to go backstage and meet Alice (and Rob Zombie) before the show - got autographs, pics and such. Then they took my picture, so they can make out the pass, and mail a copy to me. Unfortunately, since it won't be ready right away, I can't use it for any of the shows in the next few days, but all things considered, I think that'll be ok.

Alice was extremely cool, and said he looked forward to seeing me in the future. I brought him a cheesy Kung-Fu DVD as a gift, too, and he told me now I need to bring him one every time I go to a show. A small price I'm more than happy to pay.

As for the concert, I thought it was one of the best I've seen him do out of the last few I've gone to. We were standing in the front, just off to the left side of Damon, so we had an excellent view for the whole show. I like that every tour he changes out some of the more obscure tunes he does. It was kind of a treat to hear "I Never Cry" and especially "Killer".

Didn't particularly care for Murderdolls, so I really don't have much to say about them.

Rob Zombie's was set was decent, even though it seemed he had quiet a hard time generating the same energy from the crowd that Alice did. (And I'm pretty sure there were as many, if not more people there to see him as there were for Alice.) To me, guitarist John 5 was the highlight of his whole set, though. That guy is dangerously good.

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:15 am

Oh, that's fabulous!!! What a great thing to win. I never win things. I'm so jealous. :) Better stock up on those videos. lol Too too cool.

If the crowd wasn't as into it for Zombie as they were for Alice, then I'm glad we weren't able to stay. I like leaving on a high. :grin: We were on Keri's side. For the first time; we usually seem to get tickets on the left. Not that I'm complaining; it was just a nice change, a new view. I didn't attempt the floor. I'm short and there's no way I can see over people's heads very well. We were in the second row right beside where you went backstage. We probably saw you! We noticed people with stickers from the radio station going back before the show.

Huge congrats for winning the contests! :alice:

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:55 am

They don't have Portland available to buy on simfy. :angry: They have every place else, but not Portland. ::((:

How was the show tonight???

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Diane, I was looking for you! Were we honestly only a few rows in back of you? Should have said "hello". I would say the stage was about 45 feet away, and we were 6 rows up on the end. Keri pointed at Alyssa and Alice threw that one single strand of "diamonds" right to her (well, between my wife's and Alyssa's foot) Intentional or not, that was pretty cool for Alyssa.

We left immediately after Alice though. On Saturday night we left half way through Zombie.

Diane
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Diane » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:41 pm

Tony, I didn't see you until Dirty Diamonds!! I had even gone out to the ladies room during Murderdolls, but I never looked at the people in the seats. If I had, I would have seen you when I walked right by, going up the stairs. :blush: You had never said that you were definitely going, so I wasn't looking for you. If I had known, I probably would have found you. My hubby was the guy that tried to grab the necklace that ended up with you guys. lol We were in the second row on the end. Next to the people who kept taking pictures of each other and asking us to take a picture of the 2 of them.

Did you happen to see the little boy sitting on the wall? He was about 7 maybe? I'm awful gauging ages. He was killing me. Fist pumping in the air, singing his heart out. He was really enjoying himself.

How was the Worcester show??