For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Roundhouse Show

Post by Dave Conway » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Hope we can sort something out about meeting up on Sunday (before or after). I will be off line until probably Saturday night, but hope to catch up when I get back and before we travel down. :alice:
...And personally, I don't care.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:13 pm

hope y'all had/have a good time. i was really ambivalent about this, and finally came down on the side of not going. Apart from family probs, i'm just well chewed off w/ the cost of stuff, not only the ticket but the time/cost of travel to london and what would probbly have to be an overnight stay too - it soon racks up the quids. I'd got the Jim Rose vid, would love to see them live, and i've already seen the Coop show so i think that helped me decide. As ever tho, i'm now kinda wishing i had gone. oh well, carpe diem and all that.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

digitaledge
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by digitaledge » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:26 am

I had to sell my tickets at the last minute because I couldn't afford the travel/hotel by the time the show was nearing. So gutted about not going. Hope everyone had a great time!

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:14 am

Yeah i was in the same situation. Really wanted to go but it would of cast me a fortune to travel from the far north of Scotland plus hotels etc. Also got the kids birthday this week. Still i was at sonisphere so at least i got to see Alice once this year so im quite happy. Hope everyone that went had a good time. Hope to hear all about it.
Boomshanka

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Really enjoyed last nights show.

Arrived in London with our eldest about 2pm, checked in to hotel and walked up to Camden (never been there before - very busy).

Found the venue easily enough and met a couple of sickies I knew from last year!

We had seat tickets so no need to queue and so spent the afternoon in The Enterprise pub just opposite (beer more expensive than I would have liked, but fed us both for £10!)

Got in line up shortly before 6.30 and enjoyed the Zombies! Took our lads photo with the 'snake girls' inside, so never a dull moment.

Our seats were front row of the circle but just 3 or 4 seats from the left hand side limit, so view was side on and a bit obscured by one of the posts (the tickets did carry a 'health warning' in this respect).

Not sure about the support acts, but Alice was on top form, very energetic. There were a few changes to the set list from the shows I saw last autumn, but all seemed to fit in just right for the date and we got back to our hotel room happy and tired.

Did a brief bit of site seeing before catching the train back this morning. All in all a great 24 hours.

I agree with what others have said about the cost of travel and an overnight stay etc. Fortunately I paid for our tickets in August, rail fare in September, and hotel in October (I think) so the expense was spread out...could not have taken the hit all in one month!!
...And personally, I don't care.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:22 pm

fantastic show last night, Alice truly gets better with age.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:49 pm

Glad you had fun!
Really wish I could be there tonight. But I had a great week end too, different fandom though ;)

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:25 am

Just home from London.
From my personal perspective Sunday was completely stunning. Awesome show, and Monday was almost as good. Everyone was firing on all cylinders and while the setlist was basically as expected the stage was decorated for Halloween (no Alice letters etc) and there were a few extras that were cool.
More when we've all had some sleep and recovered. Surfice to say these really were very special shows and it was so great to share them with so many other sickies. Wonderful weekend.
Hope everyone enjoyed them as much as we did!!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Just gotta mention how great Alice's voice sounded, i was expecting it to be a little weaker after his recent bout of illness but that was probably the best i've heard him since 1998. And the band.........all i can say is WOW! They really are worthy of playing for Alice.... cracking stuff.

Although i didnt dress up myself, i gotta congratulate all those that did and made it such a fantastic fun-filled atmosphere. My new wife, i'm happy to say, loved it!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:13 pm

Well I heard an excerpt on youtube (someone filmed "Poison") and I was really blown away by Alice's voice. That must be one of the best versions I've heard

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Our photos are up in the photo section now. Better ones will come later but this will hopefully do for the moment.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:20 pm

I echo Si's sentiments - awesome weekend, two fantastic shows with fans turning out not only from the UK but from continental Europe, USA and Canada. It was great to see everyone - look forward to next time!
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Well i'm home, totally exhausted but still buzzing. It was great to see everyone but it went way too quick
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:28 pm

special reminded me of when Alice trashed the Marquee in 89 massive publicity and something you won't forget.

Next up for me getting to Phoenix for Bruce, Cooper, Dunaway and Smith
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:34 am

Glad y'all had a good time. :clap:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:38 pm

Indeed a great time. Alice and the band were red hot! It was great to see everyone.I have to say one of the funniest moments was when Gorey couldn't speak..not to mention the flood on the trip home..haha sorry nick..
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:08 pm

It's no longer what happens on tour stays on tour, it's what happens on tour gets posted on sickthings ::((:

I just wanna thank everyone for an amazing weekend, not just everyone at the Alice camp but also all my fellow sickies. I had a great time, I don't think I realised how much I needed that after everything I've been through since the accident! Really really enjoyed it, but as Ravenred said shame it went so quickly!

I'm gonna do a write up of the shows, I mean it this time while I'm still off work and have the time (and of course no college to get in the way now!). Dunno if it will be up to Jollyjon's standards though haha.
Flesh fanatic psychopath

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Sounds like a blast. I wish I could have been there.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:04 pm

I'll be looking forward to your write up Gorey!
That's exactly why these events are so great. Sometimes when real life gets to be crappy, spending time with friends like this is the best balm.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:12 am

Sorry for the double post. But I was wondering. Did you guys dress up for both nights? And who won the contest?