For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Vancouver Province review

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun May 02, 2010 3:41 pm

Vancouver Province newspaper had this review of last night's show...

http://www.theprovince.com/entertainmen ... story.html

To note, the Luongo jersey they mention in the review would be Vancouver Canucks' goaltender, Roberto Luongo, who's team is still in the NHL playoff hunt for Lord Stanley's Cup in the second round...

... er, okay I'm done now. :grin:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

WeirdKat
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Vancouver Province review

Post by WeirdKat » Mon May 03, 2010 3:20 am

And Zoogirl & I were THERE! Right up front hanging on the big barricade just to the right of center stage, in fact. The show was fantastic – the theatrics were great, the set list was terrific and Alice was in fine voice last night. Sound mix was a little off though, so sometimes it was hard to hear the vocals properly. The band was in really good form too. Great crowd, plenty of audience participation – it does your heart good to see so many teenagers who were so pumped up to see Alice. Zoo & I came away with beads, B$B bucks and a busted balloon.

Then, after the set change it came – the FULL METAL ASSAULT! In front of us, Rob Zombie and the band with his music, lights, fire, and video; behind us, hundreds of screaming shoving metal maniacs! Good thing the barricades were so heavy and solid, ‘cause Zoo & me, we really got squished into them during the set! And guess what, fellow Sickies? I GOT HUGGED BY ROB ZOMBIE DURING THE SHOW!

Rob made a couple of passes between the stage and the barricades during the show. The first time, some joker near Zoogirl grabbed his hair and got punched for it. The second time, he suddenly stopped right in front of me and a really tall blond girl who had wedged herself in beside me. (Don’t ask me how she got between me and Zoogirl, but she did, and she was a raving Zombie fan.) He lunged partway across the barricade, threw one arm around me and the other arm around the tall girl and we all got squeezed in a 3-way hug while he yelled something over my shoulder at the fans behind us. (Of COURSE me and the girl each threw an arm around him and hugged him back! We were crazy, but not THAT crazy! )

All in all, truly a night to remember for us two lil’ sickthings. I have to go put my beads around my little Alice Bear’s neck now.
My carbon footprint wears baby shoes

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Mon May 03, 2010 4:06 am

Sounds like you guys had a great time, the more reviews I read the more I look forward to the show
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue May 04, 2010 3:06 am

Hey Kat, great to hear from you!!!!

I read that review about Zombie punching someone who had pulled his hair.

Glad you and zooey had a good time. :clap:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue May 04, 2010 8:57 pm

Can't blame Rob for punching the guy, someone pulling your hair causes that reaction, and hey, he did say sorry
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

WeirdKat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by WeirdKat » Wed May 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Ah, yes - 'tis definitely better to get hugged than get slugged! :rotfl:

zoogirl
Killer
Killer

Post by zoogirl » Fri May 07, 2010 3:42 am

Oh yeah, what a show! I tried to post a couple of days ago but the board goblins ate it and I didn't get a chance yesterday.

My knees are still scraped from that barricade. Not that I'm complaining!

Once again, Alice threw "diamonds" everywhere but at me...until the second to last string. Kat got hers in the first round and I did my best beg, plead and shameless grovel, seemingly to no avail. Finally, it happened. He dropped a string right into my hand. Was I a happy little Sickie? Oh, I do believe the answer is yes!

Alice was every bit as good as ever, with the exception of the poor vocals on the PA. I know he was singing. I was definately close enough to read his lips. I just couldn't hear him. It may have been simply that the system was set up more for throw to the back of the Colliseum and it was simply passing me.

I've been getting a lot of milege from "Rob Zombie punched the guy behind me!" I actually had to put up my hand and sort of fend him off. Got a mittfull of very sweaty shoulder.

So, lots of loot, a great show, good stories and an excellent friend to go with...Yeehaa!
I'm too young to be this old!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri May 07, 2010 1:40 pm

zoogirl wrote: Alice was every bit as good as ever, with the exception of the poor vocals on the PA. I know he was singing. I was definately close enough to read his lips. I just couldn't hear him. It may have been simply that the system was set up more for throw to the back of the Colliseum and it was simply passing me.
That`s pretty much correct. The vocals are generally only coming from the PA system, and being at the barrier often means the sound from the PA passes behind you. Add that to the fact that all the other instruments ARE coming straight at you from the stage amps and it means Alice's vocals are very low in your personal sound mix. Fact of life if you wanna be at the front.

WeirdKat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by WeirdKat » Fri May 07, 2010 2:05 pm

It was worth it! :clap:

zoogirl
Killer
Killer

Post by zoogirl » Sat May 08, 2010 12:45 am

Yeah, I'm there for the face to face,the show and the loot! After all, I already know what he sounds like!
I'm too young to be this old!

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Sat May 08, 2010 1:00 am

Sounds like you guys had a great time!
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Sat May 08, 2010 1:05 am

May I ask ( I don't want to start a thread for this) Has Calico been in the show as of late, or is it Tiffany?
I will be attending the Kansas City show on May 8th and I was wondering who will be Alice's victim/killer.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat May 08, 2010 11:53 am

As far as I know it's still Tiffany. I've not heard any different.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat May 08, 2010 12:24 pm

Yup, it's Tiffany.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Sat May 08, 2010 12:43 pm

Thank you Si and NSP.

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Sat May 08, 2010 1:01 pm

Don't worry MD, Tiffany does not disappoint ;)
Flesh fanatic psychopath

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Wed May 12, 2010 3:27 am

Si wrote:
zoogirl wrote: Alice was every bit as good as ever, with the exception of the poor vocals on the PA. I know he was singing. I was definately close enough to read his lips. I just couldn't hear him. It may have been simply that the system was set up more for throw to the back of the Colliseum and it was simply passing me.
That`s pretty much correct. The vocals are generally only coming from the PA system, and being at the barrier often means the sound from the PA passes behind you. Add that to the fact that all the other instruments ARE coming straight at you from the stage amps and it means Alice's vocals are very low in your personal sound mix. Fact of life if you wanna be at the front.
We definitely experienced the same thing Saturday night. While watching Chuck and Damon, I had to look over sometimes while singing along, to make sure I was still on the right verse.

And you are right Gorey, Tiffany didn't disappoint.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Wed May 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Si wrote:That`s pretty much correct. The vocals are generally only coming from the PA system, and being at the barrier often means the sound from the PA passes behind you. Add that to the fact that all the other instruments ARE coming straight at you from the stage amps and it means Alice's vocals are very low in your personal sound mix. Fact of life if you wanna be at the front.
this tour features two smaller speakers right in front of the stage, dead center (in the pit) for vocals. they are aimed at the people up front.

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Wed May 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Thanks Shoey and good to see Zoogirl and WeirdKat had a blast. Its all fun and Tiffany ROCKS ! :clap:
Much love to Calico :grin:
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *