For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Re: Theatre of Death DVD

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:15 pm

At the above-ground Archambault in Montreal they had both TOD jewel case and regular DVD case available.

A bit off-topic but at another shop I also found three different CD versions of Freak Out I hadn't seen in person before.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Just watched it again (while doing the ironing!) A great way to make domestic tasks more fun!
...And personally, I don't care.

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:28 pm

Dave Conway wrote:Just watched it again (while doing the ironing!) A great way to make domestic tasks more fun!
Very Rock n Roll lol
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:18 pm

SickThings wrote:Yes, the Blu-ray includes the audio CD. And the mini-poster. Well, to be more precise, the U.S. version did. I assume the others do, too.

Hunter

Got my (European) copy of the BluRay last week and it only has the DVD and the poster; no CD.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:56 pm

Dave, that's a good idea! Except that I might be dancing about instead of working if I did that! I ususally watch docus or stuff on youtube while doing the ironing.

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:45 pm

I got the dvd on the day it was out but am thinking of asking the wife to get me the blu ray for my birthday. I was looking on amazon and someone says that they are having trouble playing it on the playstation 3. As this is what i play my blu rays on i am wondering has anybody else had this problem?
Boomshanka

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Ravenred, DL, it's all rock n roll fast lane for me.

Washing up, hoovering, mopping, the lot. Arf!

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:53 pm

My copy of the BluRay specifically states that it's playable on the Playstation 3. I don't have one (a playstation 3), so not sure what the problem there is.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:00 pm

James1981 wrote:I got the dvd on the day it was out but am thinking of asking the wife to get me the blu ray for my birthday. I was looking on amazon and someone says that they are having trouble playing it on the playstation 3. As this is what i play my blu rays on i am wondering has anybody else had this problem?

just ignore it, probably some idiot putting it in the wrong way. I've seen it played on a PS3 and it worked fine

James1981
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by James1981 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:46 pm

Ok thanks. Thats the birthday present sorted out then!
Boomshanka

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:03 am

I use a PS3 as my Blu-ray player (in fact, I think the PS3 is the best Blu-ray player out there!), and the Theatre of Death played just fine on it. I've yet to find a BD that doesn't play properly....

Hunter

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Hmm, I might need an extra copy of the DVD, as I seem to be lending it out to 'Non- Alice' Mates, all the time, to let them see what I am always going on about!!

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Where does act 4 belong in the story?

Post by suziginajackson » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:30 am

This is probably a stupid question, but...

We all know that the Theatre of Death presentation consists of four separate acts.

Act 1, consisting of School's Out / Department of Youth / Eighteen / Wicked Young Man / Ballad of Dwight Fry, is concerned with the evils of youth

Act 2, consisting of Go To Hell / Guilty / Welcome To My Nightmare / Cold Ethyl / Poison is when Alice/Steven (?) has gone insane, and is tormented by his nightmare

Act 3, consisting of The Awakening / From The Inside (w/ extended instrumental) / Nurse Rozetta / Is It My Body / Be My Lover / Only Women Bleed / I Never Cry is when Alice/Steven has been locked up in an asylum

What I don't seem to be able to do is put Act 4, consisting of The Black Widow (Instrumental) / Vengeance Is Mine / Devil's Food / Dirty Diamonds / Billion Dollar Babies / Killer / I Love The Dead (excerpt) / No More Mr. Nice Guy / Under My Wheels / Schools Out (full version) into the concept

There are a few links, such as the spider medley (The Black Widow (Instrumental) / Vengeance Is Mine / Devil's Food) or the sequence where Alice 'teases' the audience (Dirty Diamonds / Billion Dollar Babies), but other than that, I cannot really connect this act with what has gone before

Am I reading too much into this part of the concert, or am I missing something quite important?
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 pm

>but other than that, I cannot really connect this act with what has gone before

I don't think there's meant to be a 'connection' as such, but the fourth act (broadly speaking) goes from "The Black Widow" to the excerpt of "I Love The Dead" with another execution during that sequence of songs.

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:19 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:From what I've heard reported on here some parts of that particular show were very sloppy which could be a reason for the delay? I'm just speculating though
A_MichaelUK wrote: No, not really. If I remember correctly, there were two small 'mistakes'
ElectedPlus wrote:Ending of Go To Hell being one, what was the other mistake?
A_MichaelUK wrote:I'd rather not say, otherwise the correction might become obvious. It was pretty minor, though.
*bounce*

Time has now passed since this thread was started, and the above posts were made. I expect that most people who are going to get the DVD have got a copy by now, and have fallen in love with it. (I know I have)

So, can you now tell us what the 'mistakes' were, so that we can look out for them and appear knowledgable in front of our friends who we force to watch the concert?
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:43 pm

>So, can you now tell us what the 'mistakes' were, so that we can look out for them and appear knowledgable in front of our friends who we force to watch the concert?

I would have to watch it again but I'm far too lazy.

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:31 pm

I seem to remember I have read about some overdubs, somewhere on this very forum.
My memory brings out the first verses of School's out (I think the encore version) were overdubbed, and maybe the first verses of Dwight Fry too. Does anyone remember the same?
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

Awakening
Killer
Killer

Post by Awakening » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Spot and Jerome wrote:I seem to remember I have read about some overdubs, somewhere on this very forum.
My memory brings out the first verses of School's out (I think the encore version) were overdubbed, and maybe the first verses of Dwight Fry too. Does anyone remember the same?

You're right.
The first verse of SO comes from the "Alice Does Alice" version.

There is the same with the FTI chorus and some other details (back vocal on "I Never Cry" to).