For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Box office Count

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:50 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Maybe not any type of monetary anount, but think most on here are interested in the attendance.
i would say you are correct on that. and as already pointed out - attendance can be very different from gross revenue.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:52 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
kevinuk81 wrote:Maybe not any type of monetary anount, but think most on here are interested in the attendance.

Plus one :) I think that makes 3 of us Matt. Matt?
3 people who want to know about attendance? ok, so? as already stated, attendance figures can be useful. gross revenue? not so much.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:59 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:

Plus one :) I think that makes 3 of us Matt. Matt?
3 people who want to know about attendance? ok, so? as already stated, attendance figures can be useful. gross revenue? not so much.

I think were talking about " interest " Matt. If you would like to provide a poll on interest we could get some more accurate member figures. Until then it is 3-1
in favour of those that are interested.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:01 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I think were talking about " interest " Matt. If you would like to provide a poll on interest we could get some more accurate member figures. Until then it is 3-1
wow, you really do need someone to hold your hand while at home alone. not it.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:05 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:I think were talking about " interest " Matt. If you would like to provide a poll on interest we could get some more accurate member figures. Until then it is 3-1
wow, you really do need someone to hold your hand while at home alone. not it.

I work from home Matt and I can assure you there is no one holding my hand or my girlfirned would be really mad if there was. LOL. Will you provide the poll?

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I work from home Matt and I can assure you there is no one holding my hand or my girlfirned would be really mad if there was. LOL.
yeah i was being facetious.
pitkin88 wrote:Will you provide the poll?
no, but i will explain it once more. that way you nor gailfriend can complain that i don't help out.

gross revenue and attendance numbers are two completely different things.

there ya go. explained as best as i could.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:18 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:I work from home Matt and I can assure you there is no one holding my hand or my girlfirned would be really mad if there was. LOL.
yeah i was being facetious.
pitkin88 wrote:Will you provide the poll?
no, but i will explain it once more. that way you nor gailfriend can complain that i don't help out.

gross revenue and attendance numbers are two completely different things.

there ya go. explained as best as i could.

I absolutely agree with you 100%. I have worked in finance for 17 yrs so I know a little about gross revenue.

My point was you said that no one here was interested which is not the case. Perhaps you could reply to kevin
and the starter of the thread who are most defintely interested.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:29 pm

pitkin88 wrote:My point was you said that no one here was interested which is not the case.
show me where i said nobody was interested.
pitkin88 wrote:Perhaps you could reply to kevin
again, they are interested in 2 different things, it seems. you still FAIL to differentiate between gross revenue and attendance numbers. it's odd because first you state that you UNDERSTAND the difference, then you make incoherent comments as if you fail to realize the difference. you're either dumb or you're still just being goofy. i'll leave it to andy to decide.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:38 pm

I don't require a reply, i simply stated that most on here are interested in attendance, adding to that, i would think most on here don't really care about gross revenue, i know i don't, if Alice is playing, i don't wonder how much anyone is making, i enjoy the show.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:47 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:I don't require a reply, i simply stated that most on here are interested in attendance, adding to that, i would think most on here don't really care about gross revenue, i know i don't, if Alice is playing, i don't wonder how much anyone is making, i enjoy the show.
thanks. that's what i thought you meant. everyone loves to see high attendance numbers.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:18 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:My point was you said that no one here was interested which is not the case.
show me where i said nobody was interested.
pitkin88 wrote:Perhaps you could reply to kevin
again, they are interested in 2 different things, it seems. you still FAIL to differentiate between gross revenue and attendance numbers. it's odd because first you state that you UNDERSTAND the difference, then you make incoherent comments as if you fail to realize the difference. you're either dumb or you're still just being goofy. i'll leave it to andy to decide.

Ok lets wait for your pal. I thought you were a concert bouncer not a in the field of finance.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:01 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Ok lets wait for your pal.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/facetious
pitkin88 wrote:I thought you were a concert bouncer not a in the field of finance.
you don't know much.

digitaledge
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by digitaledge » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Yes, Matt is much more than a bouncer. In fact - I didn't even know he WAS a bouncer!! I just know of him because of his photography of Alice and other artists, and I'm pretty sure he designs websites too.

Although I'm new to these boards, I certainly wouldn't say anything to p**s off someone who has such close ties to the man we are all here to admire!! :laugh:

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:40 pm

digitaledge wrote:Yes, Matt is much more than a bouncer. In fact - I didn't even know he WAS a bouncer!!
me neither!

KeithGale
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by KeithGale » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:54 pm

Right, I think I need to make myself a little clearer.

The reason I posted the information from Music Week was because it was Alice related and to ME interesting.
The attendance figures were published along side the gross figures, so I used this information and posted it on this board because, one, I found it interesting and two, I thought some others on this site might also find it so!
In my original post and subsequent posts, I have not speculated to what the gross total means! Now these figures are from Live Nation, so anyone on this board who says they can't be verified, ought to either approach the promoter and ask them to justify their figures or produce evidence to the contrary!
To my mind the point is being missed, this information is out in the public domain and I posted it because, as I have said before it is interesting. Any conclusion drawn from what you might think it means, is up to you and the opinion of the poster.

NotMattCoddington
Trash
Trash

Post by NotMattCoddington » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:10 am

I just wish that all of you would stop talking about my good friends (Alice Cooper) box office numbers. Only Alice and I are aware of the true figures and I'd prefer to leave it at that. This post should be deleted... It's none of your business. Only Alice coopers, my personal friend.

digitaledge
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by digitaledge » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:12 am

Does it really matter how much money is generated from Alice's shows? The important thing is that the venues are full and he wants to keep on touring!!

KeithGale
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by KeithGale » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:59 am

'Does it really matter how much money is generated from Alice's shows?'

As I have said before, the information is in the public domain, and I thought it would be interesting to share this.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:13 am

Keith, THANK you for contributing. If you have anymore, please post. It's harmless information and interesting for those who are interested in concert stats (like me.)
Me = Winning

KeithGale
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by KeithGale » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Thank you WYM.