For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Gruesome Twosome Headliner??

Post by Si » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:35 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Could have been just a tour for the sake of touring reason.

I think so.
If I recall way back when it happened Renfield explained, on the original Sickthings list, that it was basically a Scorps tour, and they asked Alice to play to help ticket sales. Alice wasn`t intending to tour at all (he hadn`t performed live since 1991 and didn`t even have a band, or record label), but agreed to it as it sounded fun (and on the condition it was advertised as a co-headline event with both acts getting equal billing).
As a result he put together a new band (featuring the arrival of a certain Mr Roxie on guitar) for the shows and had so much fun he ended up basically touring ever since.
So in a way we should all be thankful to the Scorps as there was the possibility that without this touring offer Alice *may* never have toured again.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:20 pm

That's quite a bold statement,Si. Is it possible it could be said further that no tour,no band,no record label = no more Alice?? I shutter the thought !!

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Si wrote:Alice wasn`t intending to tour at all (he hadn`t performed live since 1991 and didn`t even have a band, or record label),
south america '95
Si wrote:So in a way we should all be thankful to the Scorps as there was the possibility that without this touring offer Alice *may* never have toured again.
i'd say that's a stretch. but you never know.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:45 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
Si wrote:Alice wasn`t intending to tour at all (he hadn`t performed live since 1991 and didn`t even have a band, or record label),
south america '95
Ah, true, forgot about that one.
mattcoddington wrote:
Si wrote:So in a way we should all be thankful to the Scorps as there was the possibility that without this touring offer Alice *may* never have toured again.
i'd say that's a stretch. but you never know.
Maybe, but remember it wouldn`t be the first time Alice had considered retiring from recording/touring (for whatever reasons).

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:51 pm

Si wrote:Maybe, but remember it wouldn`t be the first time Alice had considered retiring from recording/touring (for whatever reasons).
agreed. however, i hope once he does announce his retirement, that he stays retired!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:19 pm

>first time Alice had considered retiring from recording/touring (for whatever reasons)

If you're referring to the period after 1983, that was more of a semi - retirement, or hiatus, than anything else.

ConstrictorRules
Trash
Trash

Post by ConstrictorRules » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:56 pm

I've never been to a Rob Zombie show, but i've heard he's pretty entertaining. I like some of his music, but since i'm an Alice fan, i can't imagine Rob outdoing Alice theatrics-wise. Can anybody who's seen Rob give me an idea of how good his show is in comparison to Alice's?

Thanks.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:23 pm

Having seen Rob twice and Alice 12 times, obviously, I like Alice more but Rob is very cool. As for his show, using his "Hellbilly Deluxe 2" tour that I saw back in November of 2009, he has a series of screens all over the stage with insane imagery....classic movie monsters, anime, various creepy imagery, to accompany certain songs.

Rob will come out in some pretty cool outfits (still don't compare to the master's taste in apparel). He will bring out a monster or two on stage but his show is usually contained on video screens, besides Rob himself jumping all over the place.
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:06 pm

ConstrictorRules wrote: i can't imagine Rob outdoing Alice theatrics-wise. Can anybody who's seen Rob give me an idea of how good his show is in comparison to Alice's?

Thanks.
Here are some Rob Zombie live clips to give you an idea (by the way just in case you didn't know the main go go dancer is Sheri Moon Zombie"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwuvwENumJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Iow8ydwtI
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER