For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Intro Music / The Shining

Post by ElectedPlus » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:47 pm

If anyone watches the bathtub scene from 1980's 'the shining' would recognise the music as that from the intro to this tour. (where torrance comes across a nude lady in the bathtub, who seduces him before turning into an old woman). There's a clip out there on youtube but for obvious reasons shan't post it here.

Didn't know if this was common knowledge but it hasn't been mentioned here before so I'll assume not.

Also, what I found interesting is that Jim Steinmeyer created the props. He's one of my favourites authors on magic/illusion (Hiding the Elephant, Art & Artifice, Glorious Deceptions to name some) as well as designed tricks for Doug Henning, David Copperfield, Orson Welles ... and Beauty and the Beast (Rob Roth connection there, maybe that's how he got assigned the job).

KeithGale
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Intro Music / The Shining

Post by KeithGale » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:28 pm

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:18 pm

ElectedPlus wrote:Didn't know if this was common knowledge but it hasn't been mentioned here before so I'll assume not.
several tours have used theme music for the show intro.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:51 am

mattcoddington wrote:
ElectedPlus wrote:Didn't know if this was common knowledge but it hasn't been mentioned here before so I'll assume not.
several tours have used theme music for the show intro.
Of course, but some are harder to identify then others. Until this thread I hadn`t worked out this one was the Shining (not that I had asked). The Godzilla vs Mothra one was hard to identify, and I still haven`t found the exact version of the circus theme used in 1998. Brian had the CD and was going to dig it out and let me know but unfotunatly never got around to it. While very similar to the well known circus theme tune we all are familiar with (name of which escapes me) it is NOT actually that one, its subtly different in melody and arrangement, and searching and comparing to a ton of popular circus music of that style I couldn`t find an exact match.