Was London recorded for a dvd release ?

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Re: Was London recorded for a dvd release ?

Post by Jaded » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:13 pm

Si did a great job of keeping the crowd off of me, Sparky and Raven Red he acting like our human barrier along with Sara and Steve. (my fellow American) Thank you all very much for keeping us safe on the barrier!
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Everyone needs to check their USB sticks bought at Hammersmith last night. They contain NOTTINGHAM, not Hammersmith.

Awaiting some comment on how they will fix this situation and will let you know what I find out.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:35 pm

UPDATE:

When you download the encores for the London show, you actually get the FULL London show to replace the Nottingham files accidently put on the USB's last night.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:46 pm

Even getting out the venue was a joke, let's herd you all like cattle through one door instead of opening more doors, jobsworth muppets!

Alice was great but would have been good to see Hammersmith 'security' getting hanged!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:55 pm

We just opened the side doors ourselves haha

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:23 pm

I love those 1975 Nightmare interviews Glam Princess, especially the guy that says "he rules!"

Not always London, remember Trashes The World DVD was Birmingham, keep meaning to freeze frame it to spot myself!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Jaded wrote:Si did a great job of keeping the crowd off of me, Sparky and Raven Red he acting like our human barrier along with Sara and Steve. (my fellow American) Thank you all very much for keeping us safe on the barrier!
Seconded - thank you very much guys! It was definitely the wildest show on the tour, which I guess is what is needed and wanted for filming, but the powers that be at the Apollo should be thoroughly embarassed about the debacle that was 'doors opening', not to mention the distribution of tickets / passes. They won't be, of course.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:15 pm

Yep thanx Si & glad the usb was ok. As quoted already last nights security & box office staff were a total joke.And don't even get me started on the idiots who turned up nearer to 7pm who still got on the barrier or the guy who kicked me in the back of the leg.

On a more positive note it was nice to meet up again with the you guys again. After all you are the only people who know where i am coming from with the whole Alice thing :grin:

I'm with Sparky on the whole 10lb thing lol
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:29 pm

Sorry to hear about the crowd management trouble. I am sure you all had a great time anyway, and I look forward to playing 'spot the sickie' in the crowd when the DVD come out.
...And personally, I don't care.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:18 pm

Si wrote:Getting into the hall last night in London was dangerous. It is VERY lucky no one was badly hurt or even killed.
Yes, it WAS THAT BAD.
Worst case of ineptitude I have ever seen in over 25 years of concert going.
I am very sorry to hear that. That's just terrible. That's the reason that I have not taken my children to a General Admission show.

It is really awful that you guys stood in line all day, and then some of you didn't make the barrier and the situation was even dangerous. How horrible. As we mentioned in another thread, sometimes the security people are just awful.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:18 pm

I just got back home! I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all of you guys for letting me join you later on the day. It was VERY MUCH appreciated! I feel really guilty that I made it to the barrier and Si or Jaded & Co not :( ::((: Love you all!

For some reason I managed not to panic, when we were waiting at the "second" doors. It all seemed so utterly unfair and as you said, dangerous. When I got to the barrier next to the German girls, my nerves almost got the better of me, the two girls were very stressed out too, and rightly so. They were also among the very first to be there. We got "mugged" by these two blokes who made their way among us 30 min before the doors opened? I had to tell them off several time telling them to stop crushing us as it really hurt and there was no way they could squeeze in anyway. I'm sure they meant to chase us off. One more minute and I would have hit them. Thankfully they stopped after a minute or so, but I resented the nasty remark they made "enjoy the show then" one of them said. That made me snap back, and tell them that we at least deserved to be there unlike some. Guess who was having breakfast this morning at the same hotel as me? I did my best to completely ignore them.

Securtiy during the concert were better but not spotless either. The guy close to us was ok, at one point the crushing during the show got so bad we couldn't move and it felt things could get bad, when I asked the guy to stop people he did and things got a lot better. I was grateful for the water they gave us as I was starting to have a headache from not drinking enough. He also handed me a piece of balloon for my collection. But he pocketed Keri's pick that I had been begging for, to his credit he gave it to a colleague, but we've dicussed this issue before...

Anyway despite the initial disaster I had the time of my life. I've written up a review while I was travelling home but it needs a lot of editing before I post it on my blog as usual. This day will certainly be among the best memories of my life, it was so cool to see you guys, some I hadn't seen for absolute ages, other I had never met before.

Tim, I'm sorry I couldn't find you after the show, I meant to say goodbye and thank you for all your help. It was cool to chat with you.

As usual it all feels like it was a dream, but I have all these images in my head and I am trying to make sense of them. They are all a bit "obliterated" by one particular moment. More in my review but I got the most amazing gift: a loooong interaction, seemed like at least a minute, when Alice started to tease me with the necklaces and turned it into a long routine? It was amazing, what a dream come true. I must be the luckiest person on this whole Planet! I am torn between tears and laughter when I think back on that! :love:

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:24 pm

steven_crayn wrote:I love those 1975 Nightmare interviews Glam Princess, especially the guy that says "he rules!"

Not always London, remember Trashes The World DVD was Birmingham, keep meaning to freeze frame it to spot myself!
Oh, I love those 1975 Nightmare interviews too, Steven. I loved when that girl said about Alice, "He's brilliant, just brilliant". I was joking about how Brits love the word "brilliant" because I actually love British accents and expressions. I think they are brilliant! :clap:

And if you're trying to make me feel better about Trashes the World being filmed in Birmingham....well, that's still the UK isn't it?! For Britain Only......indeed! And did you say that you're on it, Steven? Where are you?
Last edited by glamprincess on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:25 pm

Rough crowd last night, had people pushing and squeezing their way to barrier throughout the gig. certainly a rock-show audience...

Highlights where Alice teasing the dirty diamonds with those on the barrier, as well as the notes (during which someone knocked my glasses off and bent it all out of shape ... spent the rest of the show with wonky specs).

Looking forward to this DVD, certainly. Tho a huge shame about those who didn't make it to the front who really deserved it.

edit: great meeting you too, dragonlady - we moved quite soon after the gig and hung around the merchandise stand. didn't spot any sikkies there apart from bill (who was rather easy to notice).

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:58 pm

Alice teased me with the diamonds at Wolverhampton. Dragonlady i do agree, it will be a moment I will never forget. However I'm glad I didn't attend that show. But I suppose as soon as Alice came on, you forgot about it :clap:
It's Just The Little Things That Drive me Wild!

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:05 pm

Oh yes AC Collect! Once the music started I was gone! There was just that moment when I had to ask security to intervene because things were getting out of hand. I actually thought that they better do something because if all you can see on the dvd is people so crushed that they can't even move it won't be very nice to watch, ha, ha!

But believe it or not I have seen much, much worse. Once in France when I went to see Page and Plant. I really thought I would die there, or at least have several broken ribs. Scary stuff but back then (in 95) it was my first time seeing Jimmy Page live and nothing else really mattered, I didn't care if I died LOL!

Tim, yes I had to wait a bit at the barrier to collect my wits again, for once I still had a bit of energy left to actually walk out the venue! Sometimes all I can do is sit and shake for a few minutes until I can walk again :P

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Drangonlady, we all made it apart from Si who really did a great job protecting us. To be honest he probably wouldn't have gone on the barrier if there was a space, the crowd on our side was very wild.

On a happy note... I have a collection of 10! :clap: :HEART:
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:09 pm

Si is really a hero! You guys all deserve a special medal!
And 10 out of 10 is so very cool! Very happy for you!

And I am lucky to have some special guardian angels too, some instinct made me follow the others and I think it was indeed calmer on our side. It was wild really but I think it will make for a great memory and a special dvd!

roselace
Trash
Trash

Post by roselace » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:59 am

Blimey, and i thought Manchester security were appalling :nono: Thankfully you guys are ok, i remember Alice 2001 at Manchester some guy deliberately crushing my ribs, the guys i were with nearly ended up fighting with them before Alice came on! Talk about Brutal Planet..

seats next time is it?

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:06 am

roselace wrote: seats next time is it?
No thanks. I think the worst Alice show ever was the one I went to that was seated. At first I couldn't see a thing because the guys in front if me were so tall and then it was more like watching a video or something I felt so disconnected, total nighmare.

I am so glad that Swiss crowds are never like this we always have tons of space to dance and shout and all that. Everyone is super enthusiastic but I never had problems with pushing here. And best of all you don't have to queue.

After two nights of sleeping over this show and being back home it once again feels like a distant dream. If I hadn't the bruises on my arms as proof that I was there at the barrier I would think I dreamt all this. Funny this barrier was very different from your usual concert fence, it was much higher and thicker, not bad actually and best of all it was slightly slanted outwards so you could still bend your knees. with straight fences you end up with such bad back pain. That height was slightly unconfortable for us ladies, ahem. At least for my height. But quite confortable still, you could almost take a nap on it between the two acts :grin: For once I have bruises on my upper arms intstead of right below the elbows as usual.

Useless trivia ey? :p

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:25 pm

Gorehound wrote:Yeah, tell me about it. As Sparky said elsewhere, it was just downright dangerous the way they did it and queueing all day counted for nothing in the end.
It's really a miracle that most sickies got to the front. There really is strength in numbers :8):

It was great meeting you too Gorey! And I'm glad we got a quiet moment for a chat. Enjoyed the company at the pub!
Si wrote:UPDATE:

When you download the encores for the London show, you actually get the FULL London show to replace the Nottingham files accidently put on the USB's last night.

Just downloaded the files. I hope it's the right show now.
The photos are cool but they are not from your particular show. Looks to me like they are the photos that you can post on their website when you go for your download?
That's slightly dissapointing

But I still like this idea very much, I love to collect concerts I was at, and apart from the Montreux05 show of course, I never had a single memory of the Alice shows I've attended.

The key itself is a cool object, will look nice when I take it at work :8):