For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

TuiiYa
Trash
Trash

Countdown for Espoo, Finland Dec 11

Post by TuiiYa » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi everybody, I'm a newcomer here, from the rockin city of Hellsinki. Nice to meet you. Took some time before I realized THIS is the AC board to come, where the life is, I guess :grin: ? Anyway, is there someone going to see Alice on Dec 11? And attend the meet & greet...I'll do that. Is his wife always joining him at the M&G?
It may be your world...but this is my street.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Re: Countdown for Espoo, Finland Dec 11

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:47 pm

Welcome aboard, TuiiYa. :)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:47 pm

Welcome, TuiiYa. Sheryl is very frequently at the Meet and Greets, yes. Not 100% of the time, but I'd say odds are better than not that she'll be there (since I know that she's currently with the tour, and assume she will be for the duration of this month's dates). Very cool lady, if you get the chance to meet her.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:30 am

Sheryl is flying home after tonights show in London so, no she won't be there. Someones got to make sure the pudding plans go off without a hitch. :8):
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

TuiiYa
Trash
Trash

Post by TuiiYa » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Thank you for comments guys! I'm getting really excited...

TuiiYa
Trash
Trash

Post by TuiiYa » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:31 pm

The day after tomorrow :clap: and no-one else reporting to attend? Well, Sebastian Bach to support Alice...an extra bonus now that Bach is involved in those countless rumours who's gonna replace Steven Tyler...lets see if he's gonna sing Back in the Saddle.

Petri
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Petri » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:22 pm

Welcome, TuiiYa! Good to have yet another Finn on the board. :) I'll be heading for Espoo today, too. Only 20+ hours to go... :clap:
"A lot of people confuse me with Mel Gibson."
- The Coop, years ago

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:46 am

It was a fantastic show. The energy level was very high, the band was playing very tight and theatrics were terrific. It was also very fast paced show with good amount of variety. At the beginning there were some minor sound problems but when the third song I'm eighteen began it was all fixed. There were a lot of guitar jams which were absolutely stunning. All in all it was a very guitar based show.

All the raving and positive reviews were not made out of nothing. Yesterday's show completely blows away a 2005 Dirty diamonds gig in Tampere. The stage set with big ALICE letters was very cool. I didn't even look my watch (not even once) and none of the performances were dull. Of course there were some songs like Cold Ethyl (Not my favourite song) that in my opinion didn't match greatness of other performances but those moments were very few. The light show was very wisely and professionally done and it is impossible to pick up just one highlight, be it a song or a theatrical moment.

My highlight songs include:

Go to hell
Ballad of Dwight Fry
I'm eighteen
School's out (Encore)
Dirty diamonds
Nurse Rozetta

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:55 am

Glad you had a blast :alice:
...And personally, I don't care.

Petri
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Petri » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:31 am

Fantasic show! Alice and the band definitely delivered the goods. One of the greatest moments of the concert was when Michael Monroe made a guest appearance during "School's Out". This has happened before, but it always feels wonderful to witness Alice and Michael on the same stage. :clap:
"A lot of people confuse me with Mel Gibson."
- The Coop, years ago

TuiiYa
Trash
Trash

Post by TuiiYa » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:09 pm

The gig was awesome as expected :clap: There are some clips on my YT page, including School's Out feat. Michael Monroe. Happened to meet him after meeting & greeting Alice for the first time ever. Alice was cute :love: altough the meetings can be quite consuming I think, including all the meetings before & after this one with fans. We were altogether 4 people at M&G. A young (maybe 14y) girl who was lucky to be invited to stage ("it was confusing", she commented afterwards), two guys & me. I asked Alice to draw something and he drew his profile...which looks soo-ooo good...both in nature & on paper:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1481178577

Had a nice chat, I was asking about interaction with the crowd plus taking the photos at M&Gs and the like... Got confirmed they can see the people standing in about 3 front rows or so only, due to the lights on stage. So better be there... This time I couldnt manage to get so close but it was okay a little bit further away too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qREB0N2L8SQ
Please enjoy :)

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:21 pm

:bam: oh I am so jealous, I want a drawing from Alice too now! I usually ask people to draw me a Dragon, it would be a huge dream come true to get one from Alice!

Glad you had such fun!