Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Newcastle 27th

Post by killer wolf » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:56 am

Anyone going?
got the week off, i'm debating about hanging around outside beforehand, is it worth it..?
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

billiondollar18
Trash
Trash

Re: Newcastle 27th

Post by billiondollar18 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:07 am

Im going though dont know what time i will get there.Stalls row v.

nightmare 18
Trash
Trash

Post by nightmare 18 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:47 am

Hi killer wolf 2 of us coming down possibly 4.00ish where do you recommend for a couple of :drink: before it as its all seated. Cheers Nightmare 18.

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:09 am

Si and I will be there. :clap:
Can't wait!
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:10 am

not a drinker, Nightmare 18, but there's a pub called Luckies right across the road, and of course the place itself has the Concert Bar downstairs. Tends to get a bit (!) packed when there's a show though. Plenty other bars in the general vicinity tho, not sure what the prices are like. last time i drank in a pub was about 13 years ago :-/

man, i'm stoked for the show. I'm in the stall, row M. i'm still sad about the price of the VIP tickets tho, woulda loved to meet him again :-(
KW
/X\oo/X\

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:40 am

I'll be there Wolf :)

I'll no doubt be wondering around outside trying to figure out where my AC.com tickets are supposed to be picked up from :laugh:

My Stars
Trash
Trash

Post by My Stars » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:05 pm

I'll be there also. Luckie's sounds like a good place for a pre-gig drink.

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:22 am

I can't drink as I have leukaemia and my medication means zero alcohol for me but y'all have a blast!

:drink:

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:53 pm

cool.
damn, i'm stoked. Gonna be great at the City Hall, smaller and more intimate than the Arena. Debating taking my camera, dunno if the City Hall are as picky about them as the last tiem i was there?
KW
/X\oo/X\

nightmare 18
Trash
Trash

Post by nightmare 18 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Cameras have been allowed at both Manchester and Glasgow i think its all to do with mobile phones now so why not give the venue a call and see what they have to say.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:22 pm

switchboard girlie said they haven't had a definite no-camera order so as long as it's not a geet professional type thingy you *should* be ok.
TBH tho, i'm more interested in Alice's policy. i know other bands have ordered a no-pics clause and i'd respect that, but as far as i'm aware Alice has never been too bothered.
KW
/X\oo/X\

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:24 pm

Alice has the same policy--cameras are cool, but nothing professional-like, with changeable/large lenses or tripods.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:06 am

canny show. got a few pics, some good but some not ue to my camera being cack. bit of a vid of the guillotine though it looked a bit flubbed on this performance. was a security guy right in front of me but he didn't bother w/ anyone taking pics so that was cool.
KW
/X\oo/X\

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:29 am

I thought it was a great show. City Hall staff were as friendly and helpful as ever. I really love going there.

I picked my tickets up at 6.00 at the bar entrance no problem. I'd been to the box office earlier and was told to come back and not to worry as my name was on the list and my tickets would be there. It gave us time to get something to eat and have a luck around, my brother bought a big furry Russian hat from that Christmas Market!

The seats were great, five rows from the front and bang in the centre. That was my 13th Cooper gig and I've never caught anything (I've either been too close or too far away). I bagged some cash and the knot of necklaces (at the end of Dirty Diamonds) which turned into a bit of a scrum leaving me a half one. Oh well, if folks could have settled down we could have shared them out (as there were around four or five) but it was pretty obvious it wasn't going to happen.

Great gig, great atmosphere. Loved every minute. I think the set list was perhaps a little disjointed, it didn't seem to 'flow' as well as it has in the past. But it was still fantastic!

The lobby was rammed but I managed to get a LITD tour jersey and a USB. Actually, I'd been to the merch stall earlier only to hear they had no XXl LITD jerseys left but I had to go back out with my nephew to change his L tour shirt for an XL. The guy on the stall remembered me and told me he had found some XXL jerseys. Top marks to him!

I was pretty envious of the VIP crowd at the end of the gig, some of whom I recognised from the FanFire one I'd done before. Wish I'd done it again now...

Nice to meet Si and a couple of other sickies (hi to the girl who approached me about the Cooper Coke logo shirt my nephew was wearing, I still didn't get your name).

I'm seriously considering trying to make it to another date now. If any it would be Hammersmith but I suspect the wife would have plenty to say about it as I'm going to see Les Claypool in March at Koko.

Oh, it was my nephew's first Alice gig and he is hooked! Nice.

:alice:

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:27 pm

I thought the setlist was good, but i was little disappointed that School's Out was done twice instead of another song :-/
i must admit i was expecting more of a set design from what i'd heard rather than just the hanging letters and such like, but the show as a whole was as great as it always is.
but.......no Calico :-(
i do like the City Hall, kinda small and intimate as opposed to the Arena. seems far better policed as regards fkwits throwing glasses of lager around, which i am well pi$$ed off w/ as an occurrence at the larger venues. why the mongers on security let them walk in w/ the drink is beyond me, but don't start me off on that rant....

like you i woulda loved another M&G, but $500...no fricking way.
KW
/X\oo/X\

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:02 pm

ak, guy at work said his friend bumped into Alice & Sheryl in Boots in Newcastle on the Friday! Said what we all knew, that he's a real gent and very friendly. apparently thre ws no one around him until they'd been talking for a bit and i think people started to twig. pretty cool that a star like him just wanders about w/out the need to have a dozen security guards all over the place.
KW
/X\oo/X\

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:04 pm

::((:

Man! Why is it I never see him out? It always feels like everyone saw Santa take off on his sleigh and I was too busy putting my wellies on and missed him.

I guess it is for the best. I'd probably only end up embarrassing myself.

It must have been around lunchtime I suspect. I didn't get up to Newcastle until 3.00pm. But I heard someone in Forbidden Planet say they had seen him on Thursday somewhere in Newcastle.

Gutted :(

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:44 pm

> pretty cool that a star like him just wanders about w/out the need to have a dozen security guards all over the place.

Tiffany Lowe and I were with them and with Tiffany around, no bodyguards are needed.

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:14 pm

I can believe that!
...And personally, I don't care.

Steven Allan
Killer
Killer

Post by Steven Allan » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:42 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Tiffany Lowe and I were with them and with Tiffany around, no bodyguards are needed.
[makes mental note to self to widen the scope when shooting tracker dart]

:)

Does he still like to pop into record stores to see what the AC section is like?