For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Richmond

Post by damiennalice » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:47 am

My long 4 year drought has finally come to an end. No more will you hear me bitch about a tour stop passing me by. Well,maybe I'll start another streak ...

I dont think I can add too much more upon what has been written about this tour. Set list remains intact. Here,though,is our goodie-list from the show :

1 Keri pick
1 Dirty Diamonds - from a tossed hand,not from his mouth.
2 $100 bills
1 *tell me you have one of these* : I believe its during Nurse Rosetta that Tiffany is wearing plastic gloves that she discards after finishing w/ Alice. Well, I got one of the gloves :rotfl:
As for swag,I dont go much for that but I got one for WLL to complete her birthday gifts from me. And all I wanted was the program/poster. There was MUCH to choose from from shirts to calender,I think I saw a shot glass,sticker set. Maybe 6-8 different shirts available. MAYBE,they'll update tour shirts later on : the shirts,as of tonight,have city listings up through Torrington,CT.

As I mostly stayed away from youtube material on this tour I do have a few questions/observences/funny things to ask or point out. Umm,is the guillotine NOT supposed to chop his head off or did my show get a nice blooper? :grin: Alice nearly tripped over his sword after B$B. It was left out in front of stage and he was backing up and nearly fell over it.He continued on as nothing was up. He did move the sword as he was singing and put it in a better place and prepared for popping ballons a bit later.
(This just for Jaded: Chuck "may" have missed a cue. Leading into the drum solo each guy stood out front for a few moments. Chucks turn came and almost immediately the drum solo started.He looked slightly bewildered. I saw it in his face :grin: )

WLL and I had a wonderful time. We FINALLY got a show together. And *I* got to see a show. Much more important :grin: I dont think theres a way anyone can complain about this show.It basically has all one would want in a show and then some. IMO if you complain its your loss - the show is great. Enjoy it now before one day there is no more show. ROCK ON ALICE AND THE GUYS-PLAESE DONT MAKE ME WAIT ANOTHER FOURS YEARS !!!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Richmond

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:17 am

Awwwwww, the guillotine was late again? I *think* that's happened at least 3 times. I know it did in South Bend. His body had dropped and his head been "cut off" before the blade dropped. But, ever the pro, he just continued on with the show, and I heard a few people talking afterward that clearly must've been looking elsewhere, as they were talking about how great the beheading was! :laugh:

Glad to hear you had a great time! :clap:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Glad you had a great time DA and WLL!
Where did you guys stand? I haven't heard of anyone catching the rubber gloves, so good on you for a great score! :rotfl:

And Chuck...well no one is perfect...But Chuck is as close as it gets. :rotfl:
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Wicked Little Lady
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Wicked Little Lady » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:17 pm

Yup we got us some Alice. I can still hear the music and see Alice's face in my mind. He was so close--mesmerizing. I bounced up and down and begged for goodies from the stage. Keri Kelli noticed my glowing-bracleted hand reaching out to him and he tried to deposit one guitar pick into my palm. I didnt quite get it in my hand but it was retrieved from under my foot by DA.

Alice teased a little boy near me also. While tossing his "dirty diamonds" Alice slowed and practically handed a set of beads to the kid but snatched them back suddenly before completng the hand off, made a face at the kid and took off for the other side of the stage. The kid looked shocked because his father had been telling him before hand that Alice gives goodies (canes and such) to the kids. Alice psyched the kid out good. Dont worry the older sister got an album cover signed that was taken backstage by staff, so they didnt leave empty handed.

As for me getting an Alice show for my birthday, this is as close as it gets and it was fantastic!!! Thank you DA for giving me Alice for my birthday.
Worship the ground you walk on

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:57 pm

damiennalice wrote:My long 4 year drought has finally come to an end. No more will you hear me bitch about a tour stop passing me by. Well,maybe I'll start another streak ...

I dont think I can add too much more upon what has been written about this tour.
I really enjoyed reading your review. It doesn't matter how much has already been written about the tour, everyone's take is always a little different and interesting to read. I'm glad you had such fun and finally got to see the show after your "drought".

As for starting another streak of complaints.....if you move to Canada, you could start complaining again as there's no dates here this year.... :rotfl:

jch_n_va,usa
Trash
Trash

Post by jch_n_va,usa » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:05 pm

I was at Richmond & it was a great show. This tour is on of my favorites. The show moves so fast that it doesn't seem like its 90 minutes.
One thing that happened last night was the platform was not used on "Vengence is Mine". I had a VIP ticket & backstage Alice told us that the one of the rails on the platform was broke & they didn't have a chance to repair it before the show. For the song the hooded dudes walked Alice out to the stage. Also backstage somebody mentioned the guillotine not working right & Alice replied "AGAIN".
The 5th Ave Vampires also put on a good show.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:45 pm

HEY - did you get your tattoo signed ??

Jaded - we were,for the most part,on the barrier in front of the "E" in Alice. I got the glove by asking a venue worker to snag it off the stage for me (it was right on the edge).

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:26 pm

:clap: Im so happy you guys got up front.
Sounds so fun. :love:
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

jch_n_va,usa
Trash
Trash

Post by jch_n_va,usa » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:50 pm

[quote="damiennalice"]HEY - did you get your tattoo signed ??

Yes Alice signed it & said he was sorry he didn't have one of me on him. He then talked about his fear of needles.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:55 am

Excellent review!!!! Glad you and WLL saw a fantastic show, damiennalice. :clap:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

miki
Trash
Trash

Post by miki » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:49 am

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:30 am

Well,thank you,miki !! I very much enjoyed seeing the show again. 8 songs worth is plenty.

** I also enjoyed seeing the 5th Avenue Vampires footage. **

All footage is from the opposite side of stage from where we were.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:36 pm

Better the blade malfunctions this way than the other way (i.e, Alice doesn't drop and the blade does). ;)

Hunter