For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Tickets not sent

Post by Robbie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:14 pm

I bought tickets for the November Manchester gig through the Alicecooper store and have yet to recieve them. I have had an e mail a few weeks ago saying they were being processed but still nothing. My credit card was debited in May. I was just wondering whether anyone else was experiencing this and should I be contacting them? Should I be concerned or is this normal? Incidentally after they didn't come I ordered a further two from ticketmaster as an insurance policy and recieved them within days of the order!!

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Re: Tickets not sent

Post by Gorehound » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:56 pm

My understanding was tickets purchased through the alicecooper store would need to be collected from box office on the day of the concert.
Flesh fanatic psychopath

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:58 pm

I would definitely say that you've got breathing space for now. I got an email from acstore at the end of July about my Manchester ticket, saying that they were "in the process of receiving" the tickets and that they would be shipped to my address.

But keep a watchful eye on the calendar, as the company overseeing it this time are not quite the full shilling, IMO.

A friend of mine in Australia was first told (at point of sale online) that the tickets would be available for box office collection on the night of the show. This then changed and acstore said they would ship them and to allow 3-5 weeks for delivery. After 5 weeks he'd had nothing, so contacted them and they said to allow another 2 weeks, which he did. Still nothing.

Acstore then said that they would have them reprinted for him to collect on the day, as per the original plan. All was quiet for a week or so longer and then he got another email saying that of the five front row tickets that they'd sold him back in April / May (I don't remember exactly), two of them were "not in their allocation to sell" and so two of his party were moved back from first to seventh row. I'm still marvelling as to how first of all they could sell tickets not in their allocation to start with and even more as to how they could find two seventh row tickets (seated together) a few days before the show commenced when the performance was nearly (if not completely) sold out. Seems a little odd to me.

I don't think that acstore will not provide you with tickets, but I would certainly have doubts about receiving them in the mail.

::((:
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:43 pm

Robbie. I too have ordered tickets from ACstore for Manchester, and have received the same e mail as you 'we are receiving these tickets etc. I got a similar e mail about Wolverhampton. I have not yet received the tickets, which, they say, are to be 'shipped' to my address. However, its too soon, imo, to start to worry about this yet.

Manchester concert is 13 weeks tomorrow, so plenty of time yet.
...And personally, I don't care.

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:56 pm

took a bit more than 5 weeks to learn of my seating location and in my situation could only be picked up day of show @ venue box office. Great idea in my opinion...keeps the "brokers" away and puts the tix in the hand of the true fan.

Although I do suppose that if they do end up in the hands of a broker and are sold for 5 times the face value, the fan that purchased them is also a TRUE fan.
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:39 pm

I haven't recieved my tickets yet either but they only emailed me confirming seating numbers for Hammersmith 2 weeks ago over 3 months after i paid for them!! Most of my tickets are to be posted with just Brighton for box office collection. I'll wait another month & then start hassling them
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:46 pm

I bought tickets for the Atlantic City show and received a similiar e-mail, that they are "in the process of receiving them" and the show I am going to is less than a month away! Around the same time I bought tickets for a different Alice show through Ticketmaster and got those 1-2 weeks after ordering.

I'm Flash
Trash
Trash

Post by I'm Flash » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:43 am

If you buy through Alice Cooper Store, tickets can be picked up the day of concert at the theatre where the show is,Were going on Fri in Auckland. The EMail tells your seat location, BUT remember and take ID and the credit card you used to buy tickets or they might not release the tickets... Good idea as it stops alot of the touts ripping us off.

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:58 am

Many thanks for all the replies and kind help-I will get mine through ticketmaster next time!!

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:08 pm

According to my e-mail they are going to be sent to my house, not at will call. I am going to contact them later this week if I still haven't received them.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:39 pm

I'd be interested to know the reasons why acstore have suddenly decided to ship the tickets out to people rather than doing box office collection, especially for international orders. It's a precursor for disaster if you ask me.

Yes, I'm cynical.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Pfew! I'm glad I didn't get mine through them. I would freak out if I had to travel without my tickets. I'll be carrying them preciously in my belt pouch of course!

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:48 pm

I always buy mine from the venue, Safer :teach:
It's Just The Little Things That Drive me Wild!

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:40 pm

Well, for the show I bought tickets from AC.com is about a 5 1/2 hour drive that was not an option. I rarely buy tickets from venues anyway and I have never had an issue.

billiondollar18
Trash
Trash

Post by billiondollar18 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:52 pm

Im going to Hammersmith and Newcastle.Got my Hammersmith tickets weeks ago but still heard nothing about Newcastle.Purchased both from Ticketmaster

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:30 pm

AC Collect wrote:I always buy mine from the venue, Safer :teach:

Not always possible, though. And many of us went via acstore this time around as it was the best chance at getting into the first few rows for the seated venues.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:32 pm

billiondollar18 wrote:Im going to Hammersmith and Newcastle.Got my Hammersmith tickets weeks ago but still heard nothing about Newcastle.Purchased both from Ticketmaster

I wouldn't worry too much about that. There always seems to be one or two shows that the tickets are 'late' (by which I mean received after the others, not too late altogether, of course) for. Plenty of time yet.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:38 pm

I have emailed the AC store a couple of times over tickets etc & always get a quick reply from a lovely lady called Teresa (who actually got back to me within 20 mins of me emailing today). She has said that anyone who has not recieved their tickets 2 weeks before the show should contact them so that alternative arrangements can be made to pick up tickets.
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:32 pm

Just got an e-mail saying that my tickets will ship tomorrow!! Though I wish they could spell Alice's name..."We have just received the tickets for the Alice Copper show..." haha. Glad to see they are shipping!!

Under_my_Wheels
Trash
Trash

Post by Under_my_Wheels » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:05 pm

Glad someone posted this thread. I also ordered 4 tickets through the AC Store for the Manchester gig. I also got the email with the seat allocation and it did say they would be shipped to my address. Like other, I too have been a tad worried as I havent heard a thing since. Think I'll stick with Ticketmaster in future.
A friend of mine ordered his via Ticketmaster and got them within days.
"My ambition in life is to live forever............So far, so good."