For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Re: Tickets not sent

Post by Gorehound » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:43 am

It's more than me life's worth not to grab Jaded her place, this is all for Chuck afterall. I would hate to be the one who stood between Jaded and Chuck :/
Flesh fanatic psychopath

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:19 pm

Ok, starting to get a bit twitchy now. Still no tickets, and now we have a postal strike starting.

What we gonna do?
...And personally, I don't care.

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Blame Si for voting yes in the postal strike? :rotfl:
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:44 pm

Ha!
Like I even had a vote!

laceandwhisky
Trash
Trash

Post by laceandwhisky » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:22 pm

I brought my tickets direct from the Brighton pavillion they were posted to me within the week this was when the tickets went on sale ages ago... and they were cheaper by a few quid than from touts / ticketmaster etc.. i am lucky that i have paid my mortgage and am also meeting alice after the show.. friggin awesome or what... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :rock: : :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

always aware of buying tickets from anyone than place where the show is being held...........

i learn't my lesson last year broughttwo tickets off ebay.. to find one week before my tickets had not arrived, contacted the person and they came up with their kidz had eaten the tickets so couldn't send them to me.. after a bit of paypal and she did live near me. i got a full refund, southampton was good enough to sell me two standing tickets to collect from the box office so all ended well...

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:58 pm

Whilst I appreciate what you're saying about buying the tickets direct from the venue laceandwhiskey, sadly this is not always possible (which I think I may have already mentioned somewhere on this thread). It was certainly not really an option for sickies attending seated shows if they wanted the best chance at getting a decent seat in the front few rows. And where on this thread people are referring to being nervous about not having received tickets, it's not as if they've purchased them from an unofficial outlet - quite the opposite.

And... if someone has sold you tickets to go see Alice at the Pavilion then you've been had... Alice is playing the Brighton Centre... ;)
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

laceandwhisky
Trash
Trash

Post by laceandwhisky » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:55 pm

you are so right not the pavilion..... ::((: :bam: but yes the brighton centre i was so excited at work i could not remember the right name .. doh!.... definately good tickets...

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Anyways, tickets still not arrived, but still 6 weeks to go. Will feel a lot happier when I have them in my hand.

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Dave Conway wrote:Anyways, tickets still not arrived, but still 6 weeks to go. Will feel a lot happier when I have them in my hand.
I emailed them again as 2 of the shows i bought seated tickets for my partner & son (Brighton & Hammersmith), i also bought a standing ticket for myself for Hammersmith through ac.com then realised that i could get stuck with will call at instead of mail so i purchased the rest through another site.

Anyways ac.com have said that they have not yet recieved any tickets!!!! Not really sure why this is?? So i'm presuming that the possibility of mail will turn to will call? Looks like i'm going to end up buying a replacement hammersmith ticket rather than missing my spot down the front :blush:
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

jch_n_va,usa
Trash
Trash

Post by jch_n_va,usa » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

I got my ticket for the 29/9/09 Richmond show thru AC.com. It was VIP & will call. All tickets for the venue were general admission, so i was worried about not being able to get up front. I was able to pick my ticket early that afternoon, plus VIP holders were allowed in the venue 15 minutes before the doors were opened. I had no problem with the will call at this venue.

billiondollar18
Trash
Trash

Post by billiondollar18 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi two questions,is anyone going to Newcastle gig and if so have they got thier tickets yet?ta

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Sorry to sound thick but what is will call?

Am still disgruntled about this-I think it's ridiculous to wait so long. If something did go wrong i.e. some kind of administrative mix up something wrong with the post. where would that leave us. AC.Com-never again!

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:16 pm

Sorry to sound thick but what is will call?
A special box office window or area with your special tickets.
Am still disgruntled about this-I think it's ridiculous to wait so long. If something did go wrong i.e. some kind of administrative mix up something wrong with the post. where would that leave us. AC.Com-never again!
I understand what you mean, but it isn't AC.com that's holding them back. It's whatever company they are using to handle this stuff.
Me = Winning

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:17 pm

Why is it that some people have tickets, some are collecting on the day at the venue and some are waiting for them to be delivered to their home?

Seems a very strange way of doing it to me. :/
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:58 pm

I see next weeks postal strike is set for just 2 days, so that won't make much difference at this time.

Fingers crossed eh?

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:43 am

Thanks "wicked young man" for clarification.It looks like I am blaming the wrong people but it does seem hopelessly confused in the way it's dealt with some sent, some collect etc.- I suppose we are paying for the "economies of scale" inherent in Ticketmaster etc.
Thanks again for info.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:33 am

Still no tickets? Well, I have mine so I am ok.

Last week when I went to Cardiff to see Tom Jones we had to email them several times. Then they said they'd send the tickets on the Tueseday, no way they would have arrived in time! After calling the box office they finally decided we had to collect the tickets there. Good thing it was seated tickets. How are you supposed to have a good place if you need to queue, but must go get your tickets first?

Things used to be so much easier, you went to queue at the boxoffice in your town or called and had whatever was left. Nowadays there are so many systems, most of them really unfair for fans.

In Switzerland for the bigger venues, you need to be a member of the ticketcorner vip club to get the "golden Tickets" in advance. That means that if you can afford the yearly fees (most of the time for nothing) you're bound to have seats further back. That also means that the artists perform for people who don't really care. These seats are often bought by enterprises for employees. I have seen concerts where the first rows looked bored and only the back rows were dancing and singing along. How is that good for the artist?

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:58 pm

Hammersmith through Alice Cooper website pre order not arrived yet, but have been told will get in even if they don't arrive in time and with this pending postal strike which will no doubt escalate it is going to be a ticket mountain at the sorting office!

Brighton is going to be a queue and a half having to collect on the night!

Still at least the tickets should be the best available.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:11 pm

Still not got mine for Manchester or Wolverhampton.

I take it you have e mailed AC.com and they responded with the above reassurance? Sounds all very messy so far. I may drop them a line. I presume every one else who purchased through AC.com, for delivery tickets, are still waiting.....

Under_my_Wheels
Trash
Trash

Post by Under_my_Wheels » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:30 pm

Dave Conway wrote:Still not got mine for Manchester or Wolverhampton.

I take it you have e mailed AC.com and they responded with the above reassurance? Sounds all very messy so far. I may drop them a line. I presume every one else who purchased through AC.com, for delivery tickets, are still waiting.....
Yep, still waiting for my Manchester tickets.
"My ambition in life is to live forever............So far, so good."