For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

South Bend show

Post by ThePainAddict » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Went to the South Bend show on Sunday, after having seen the opening show at Elizabeth (which I commented on in that thread and the Calico one). They did not use Thriller for intro music. Tiffany's "assets" (see Calico thread) are not so prominent. She still wears the bra during Rozetta, but wears a more modest corset during Only Women. Guillotine didn't work right, Alice fell way before the blade. Alice made a point to display his shirt with blood holes after the impaling. He threw the top hat to Jimmy during encore which he caught with drum stick (a la Singer). Band played much better and Alice's voice sounded really strong. Spider jacket again messed up. This time the last leg under the right arm broke a string and it went limp.
Some lyric notes from both shows. Alice is now saying he came from Detroit city as opposed to "insert your city" during Be My Lover. He has gone back to saying no "intelligence" during School's Out, last time I saw him during Psycho Drama he used the original "innocence", which I think works best. Anybody get the new lyrics to Devil's Food? I caught "gonna be a feast" and 'feed the beast".
The person who wrote the review linked on the news page must not be much of rock reporter. How does she not know Rudy Sarzo? I thought he was the best thing about BOC. They did more jamming than I thought necessary and while Buck is a good guitar player, but his extended solo was wanting.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: South Bend show

Post by Si » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:37 pm

>Anybody get the new lyrics to Devil's Food? I
>caught "gonna be a feast" and 'feed the beast".

There in another thread somewhere haha
Not sure which one.

We're hoping to get the actually words confirmed soon.

Apparently Alice sat and wrote the new verse during rehearsals while the band worked on the music.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:14 pm

ThePainAddict wrote:Alice is now saying he came from Detroit city as opposed to "insert your city" during Be My Lover.
He's been doing it both ways. The first two shows I'm pretty sure he said "Detroit" but in Clearfield he said "Clearfield".

Maybe he's alternating it because I *think* he's saying the city name in "From The Inside" a la... "I got lost on the road somewhere, was it Texas or <insert city here>".
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:08 pm

I had a TON of fun at the South Bend show. Managed to snag front row seats for this one, and can't complain about BOC as an opener. Rudy Sarzo kicks ass on bass! And I tell ya...I think I knew 20 other people there to attend the show. Was quite the group! *waves at Skullboy*

They were giving away wristbands to the pit area, and marking over the seal on the with a marker, so if you didn't have a ticket for those front 3 rows, you weren't getting in. Luckily, I legitimately had my elbows on the stage, so it was great.

My friend and I got quite a bit of attention from the band. KK was right in front of us and played a few riffs right to us, and made a few faces at us. Chuck came over once or twice, and I got a big smile and point from him when I was the first one to follow his cue to clap during "Under My Wheels." And my friend and I have both met Damon a number of times when we were together, so when he saw us, he came over, leaned right over us, yelled "wow!" and played for us--and did that a few other times during the show, too.

The notable part of the show was when the guillotine didn't work. Pat pulled the string, and it broke, and he was trying to get the blade down, but to keep the flow, they dropped Alice's body, and thus head, before the blade. :evil: Overall, it was minor. Alice, being the pro he is, just got up and went on with the show as normal. Talking with Pat afterward, he said he'd checked it twice that day, so caught him off guard when it didn't work!

Personally, I had a few best moments of the show. Alice came over and stood RIGHT in front of me a number of times, and given that I was leaning on the stage, he was barely inches away. During "Guilty," I was reaching up and toward him, and out of nowhere he looked down, slapped my arm out of the way, pulled my hair, sneared, and stalked off! :alice: And during "Dirty Diamonds," I was once again completely overlooked for a set of beads, not even teased! He finished the song, and I looked at my friend and said "Man, he is NEVER going to give me one of those!" Well, apparently the Coop has supersonic hearing or is psychic. Next thing I know, he's leaning over as there are 2 sets of beads laying near th eback of the stage. He decided to wear one, and as he turned I caught his eye and "asked" for the other set. He came over with raised brows as I continued to "ask," put it in his mouth, and leaned down right over me. And just as I was about to snag it from his mouth, he dropped it. :clap:

All in all, it was a great night. Big thanks to the band and Alice for making it memorable, and to the crew as well. I got Keri's entire setlist, as well as a really tasty chocolate milkshake!

CAN'T WAIT for Vegas! Here's hoping another show that I can make pops up before that!

(/end short novel)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:09 pm

Brilliant report. Must be great to be THAT close to the action. Eye conntact moments can be electrifying.
...And personally, I don't care.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:05 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:I had a TON of fun at the South Bend show..... "Man, he is NEVER going to give me one of those!" Well, apparently the Coop has supersonic hearing or is psychic. :clap:
He has bionic hearing.....
Very good review, NSP. You are making some of us jealous with the number of shows you have managed to see already this year. Glad you had so much fun.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:44 pm

Yeah, I got lucky with 2 early on. Though, I tend to get quite a few in, and this is it for me 'til Vegas. But they were good ones!!!

And yeah...bionic was the word I was looking for! :smack: :laugh:

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:07 am

:clap: Thanks NSP.....good to hear. :clap:
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:27 pm

One other lyric note: During killer at Elizabeth, Alice sang "handed me this gun", as he has done in the past, even when he was holding a sword or knife, by South Bend it had changed to "blade".

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:21 am

Good reviews, folks. Can't wait for this show to hit Canada.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

KISS_44
Trash
Trash

Post by KISS_44 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:36 pm

I was at the show in the 3rd row. It was my 4th time seeing Alice and it was great! Got a guitar pick also!

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:55 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:Yeah, I got lucky with 2 early on. Though, I tend to get quite a few in, and this is it for me 'til Vegas. But they were good ones!!!

Did you do the VIP...there are some great meet and greet pictures on AliceCooper.com.

I started wondering if any of the Sickthings board members here attended any of the VIP experiences this year.
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:09 pm

ReGorLaTroy wrote:
NotSoPerfect wrote:Yeah, I got lucky with 2 early on. Though, I tend to get quite a few in, and this is it for me 'til Vegas. But they were good ones!!!

Did you do the VIP...there are some great meet and greet pictures on AliceCooper.com.

I started wondering if any of the Sickthings board members here attended any of the VIP experiences this year.
That particular post is from the LAST time Alice played South Bend 4 years ago. I did not do the VIP then.

I also attended the South Bend show this past Tuesday, without VIP. I WAS lucky enough to be front row, and Alice threw the first cane of the night to me. Good times!

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:27 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
ReGorLaTroy wrote:

That particular post is from the LAST time Alice played South Bend 4 years ago. I did not do the VIP then.

I also attended the South Bend show this past Tuesday, without VIP. I WAS lucky enough to be front row, and Alice threw the first cane of the night to me. Good times!

Sounds like a great night...Front row and cane...I'm very happy for you.

I'm front row for New York City on the 18th...

...a cane would be great, but I'm just so happy to be seeing Alice again.
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."