For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Question about VIP Packages

Post by Parish » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm sure the show is great, I've always said Alice puts on a phenomenal show dispite lackluster albums and I'd go see this one in a heartbeat if he came close to me.

But...its the same show that I've seen over the past decade with very few changes.

We can debate this back and forth forever but its just the way I feel and I can't change that.

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:47 pm

I talked to someone the other day that said "This Alice production is the best I have ever seen him do live." He then went on to say " ...and I know, I have a long history with Alice."

Granted, I am not doubting that it is, but upon asking him about some of past Alice shows, he informed me that he never got into Alice until 2005 DD's. :rotfl:

Hmmmm, not much history to compare it to so I guess this for him WOULD be the best.

Sadly I had to "eat"my tickets for the Clearfield show, so I will have to wait another month and judge for myself. I personally feel like nothing will compare to when I witnessed "The Nightmare Returns" tour, but I hope it does!

Any input from someone that has seen both???
I love a waitress who loves to...flirt!

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:53 pm

What I'm saying is that for a conceptual record such as Welcome To My Nightmare his stage show was consistant with that theme while also brilliantly incorporating the "hits".

Now he has a new record, Along Came A Spider but there is nothing in the new stage show that resembles anything from the record. Its a gory-fied rehash of the Brutal Planet, Eyes of & Dirty Diamonds & Eyes of Alice tours.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:36 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Parish wrote:
glamprincess wrote:
The "Theatre of Death" show is a whole new show...that's how.
Not for nothing but judging from the current set list and some moderate costume changes this is the exact same show Alice has been doing for about a decade now....just sayin'
Well, judging the show solely by a text list of the songs is sure as heck not going to give you ANY clear idea of what this show LOOKS like. Some of these songs are performed and shown much differently than before, and it all goes together extremely well.

And interestingly enough, reading some of the reviews that Si has linked to...the casual fans are sad that things such as "Lost in America" and "Feed My Frankenstein" are gone, and are referring to the same set list as you going "man! he hasn't done some of this in years!" Personally, I think it's got what the casual fan is looking for, and a new twist/theatrics/flow/visuals for the hard core fan.

I have yet to talk to anyone in person at the shows I've been to that didn't :HEART: this show! :clap:
Excellent post, NotSoPerfect. It sounds to me like Alice has provided a whole new theatrical show that should be extremely enjoyable for both diehard and casual fans alike.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:42 pm

glamprincess wrote:
Excellent post, NotSoPerfect. It sounds to me like Alice has provided a whole new theatrical show that should be extremely enjoyable for both diehard and casual fans alike.
You're a Republican ain'tcha...

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:45 pm

Parish wrote:What I'm saying is that for a conceptual record such as Welcome To My Nightmare his stage show was consistant with that theme while also brilliantly incorporating the "hits".

Now he has a new record, Along Came A Spider but there is nothing in the new stage show that resembles anything from the record. Its a gory-fied rehash of the Brutal Planet, Eyes of & Dirty Diamonds & Eyes of Alice tours.
In all fairness though, things have changed a lot since the 1970s. Rock stars used to sell truckloads of albums back then and Welcome to My Nightmare sold millions of copies around the world. So a tour was promoting a specific album and the album was much more familiar to casual fans because those were the days when albums mattered more and people actually went out and bought them. Nowadays, the casual fans for most veteran rock acts don't know the newer stuff that well and come to hear the well-known classic material. Younger generations discover the classic stuff through games like "Guitar Hero" and "Rock Band" and want to hear those songs. So rock shows have changed and shifted with the times. I think the fact that Alice has tried to turn his new show around and change the flow of the theatrics still makes his show much more creative and exciting than the shows of a lot of other veteran acts.
Last edited by glamprincess on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:45 pm

>Now he has a new record, Along Came A Spider

It came out last year, so no, he doesn't.

> but there is nothing in the new stage show that resembles anything from the record.

There's lots of previous posts about this (I'm just saying - it's already been discussed).

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:49 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Now he has a new record, Along Came A Spider

Did Alice release another one after ACAS?

If not then ACAS is his new record :p

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Parish wrote:
glamprincess wrote:
You're a Republican ain'tcha...
Well, I am Canadian....so uh... no. And even if I was voting in American elections, most of the time I would probably be a Democrat.
Trust me....I am NOT like Sarah Palin....You betcha! :laugh:

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:54 pm

[quote="glamprincess
In all fairness though, things have changed a lot since the 1970s. [/quote]

Yes I agree, especially where the quantity of quality material on releases is concerned.

GP, you made great points and a great argument but I still feel that he could have brought alot to an ACAS themed stageshow while at the same time satisfying all the hit-thirsty minions...

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Parish wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>Now he has a new record, Along Came A Spider

Did Alice release another one after ACAS?

If not then ACAS is his new record :p
Exactly!

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Parish wrote:quote= glamprincess, In all fairness though, things have changed a lot since the 1970s.

GP, you made great points and a great argument but I still feel that he could have brought alot to an ACAS themed stageshow while at the same time satisfying all the hit-thirsty minions.....
Thanks Parish. While an ACAS show may have been interesting, I actually think this current show is more interesting because the current show is split into five parts, which were described by NotSoPerfect on another thread. An ACAS show would have had a more singular theme and I think I prefer a theatrical show which instead seems to deal with more variations and acts covering a wider range of the Alice character.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:44 pm

>If not then ACAS is his new record

No. It's his most recent, otherwise it would be like being back in 2000 and saying that "The Last Temptation" "is his new record".

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:46 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>If not then ACAS is his new record

No. It's his most recent, otherwise it would be like being back in 2000 and saying that "The Last Temptation" "is his new record".
You're drinking right now aren't you :nono:

TonyfromNH
Killer
Killer

Post by TonyfromNH » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:46 pm

Parish wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:>If not then ACAS is his new record

Hmmm, valid point there too I guess. If Alice never comes out with another album, in 20 years would I call ACAS his "new" album? Hmmmmm, I guess not. So at what point does a "new" album become a "most recent" album?

I don't know what my opinion is anymore, I confuse myself and so do my friends that live inside of me.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:24 pm

Perhaps " newest " might satisfy Andy.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:47 pm

>Perhaps " newest " might satisfy Andy

That's what I wrote in my post.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:48 am

yesss! worked my ass off to get the money but I finally have it :D
yesterday I ordered my VIP thingy!

but.. it already goes wrong.
I was a bit too excited and forgot to mention the T-shirt size...
just sent alicecooper.com an e-mail about it... hope it'll be alright.
The sanest days are mad.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:08 am

Congrats, Lisa! :clap:

I wouldn't worry too much - as long as you provided your order number, they'll be able to link it up. Eventually.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:14 am

bwahha oh my god.
I'm so stupid, forgot to mention that too

sigh... I always screw things up
The sanest days are mad.