From A Distance...K. Kelli is a Dead-Ringer for E. Dover!!!

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Zombie
Trash
Trash

From A Distance...K. Kelli is a Dead-Ringer for E. Dover!!!

Post by Zombie » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:42 pm

JUST A STRANGE OBSERVATION!!: Having not seen an AC show since 2004, (Seven times total),
we went to see him at the Ohio State Fair last night, (8/1/09). (Actually, the second best, if not THE Best AC show that we've seen!! OUTSTANDING!!). My wife, who likes Alice, but became absolutely GAGA over former AC guitarist, Eric Dover, believed, (like myself!!), that this tour marked the return of Mr Dover!! That was until I read this forum today!!! Ha!! Ha!!

Having not kept up on the band members since the Eric D./Ryan R./Chuck G./Eric S. line-up a few years ago, I had jokingly mentioned on the drive to the show, that what if the Sextus (Eric D.'s new "project"), thing was over, and by some chance Eric had returned to Alice's band!! When the curtain dropped, I began to think, "That Guy sure looks alot like Eric Dover" Many of the same mannerisms/movements as well!! When I mentioned my suspicion to my wife, She was THRILLED!! We watched the rest of the show believing the Eric Dover was back in the line-up!, (although, when the camera shots, that appeared on the overhead screens, would occasionally catch a "shot" of "Eric", I did have some minor doubts!!) Then,..I read this forum today, and found some photos of Keri Kelli,.... aside from some possible height difference, from a distance, the resemblance is almost uncanny!!! Anyone else noticed this??

Again, this was an OUTSTANDING Alice performance, to those yet to attend,...You're in for a real treat, in my opinion!!! ENJOY!!!

Zombie
Trash
Trash

Re: From A Distance...K. Kelli is a Dead-Ringer for E. Dover!!!

Post by Zombie » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:50 pm

Addendum: Alice did virtually no talking during this show at all, a couple "Thank You, Columbus's",at the show's end, and that was all!! No Bandmember intros, therefore, further feeding our "case of mistaken identity"!!! Ha!! Ha!!

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:45 am

My Fav lineup of the later solo years was -
Ryan Roxie, Eric Dover, Chuck Garric and Eric Singer. I thought this was a very strong lineup and capable of great things. :grin:
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

alienspice
Killer
Killer

Post by alienspice » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:23 pm

steven15322 wrote:My Fav lineup of the later solo years was -
Ryan Roxie, Eric Dover, Chuck Garric and Eric Singer. I thought this was a very strong lineup and capable of great things. :grin:
I agree! It certainly was the glammiest, and that's alright in my book! :)

As for KK looking like Dover, I can kinda see it.
I on the other hand would have sworn that Damon was Jason if I didn't know otherwise!
you look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:38 pm

Hehe....just gotta look at his long, skinny legs to tell it's Damon. :laugh:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

MagnumMaid
Trash
Trash

Post by MagnumMaid » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:54 pm

But, man you would have heard it if Dover was back!! The greatest vocalist Alice has ever had with him. Just listen to the Hello Hooray chorus and Dept. Of Youth from around 03-04.. fantastic!