For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Re: New Tour Setlist Discussion *SPOILER*

Post by Devils Food » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:59 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:I wouldn't say it leaves the "crowd" unsatisfied. I'm usually in the middle of a ton of people that were THRILLED it was played. And I like it, too!
Actually you are right. Poison is a bit of a crowd pleaser. It just doesn't get it done for me. I really never cared much for the Alice metal years. (RYFAY, Trash, Hey Stoopid)
I thought it was all kinda ridiculous at the time. Poison was on the radio every hour. It was rather sickening. I still think it is the weakest thing in the set these days although "Vengeance is Mine" is now a close second.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:02 pm

>Poison was on the radio every hour. It was rather sickening.

How does that compare to when Alice didn't get any air - play at all?!

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:07 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>Poison was on the radio every hour. It was rather sickening.

How does that compare to when Alice didn't get any air - play at all?!
It was good I guess that Alice was getting airplay but that song was just so damn cheesy. It has always been a bad representation of what he was all about. Never liked it and never will.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:09 pm

"Poison" got a big reaction in Columbus.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:12 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:"Poison" got a big reaction in Columbus.
I heard the reaction when I came back. I stepped out in the front into the fair for a smoke while it was on. The reaction seemed really good though.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:01 pm

Devils Food wrote: I heard the reaction when I came back. I stepped out in the front into the fair for a smoke while it was on. The reaction seemed really good though.
I hope you don't mind my asking but why on earth would you leave for a smoke during an Alice show? Even if you don't like the song "Poison" that much, don't you still enjoy watching Alice perform and his incredible stage presence? I've never really understood why anyone would leave when Alice Cooper is onstage. Like Remarkably Insincere said, I don't care if Alice sings Fleetwood Mac songs....or even Abba songs....There's no way I am leaving when Alice is onstage!

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:09 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
glamprincess wrote: I'm an old-schooler and I never leave during the show. And I love Poison. I think the song may be a lot more popular with the Girls....Also it's the song where Alice points at the girls and we all nearly faint. :laugh:
I never leave the show under any circumstances.

Alice could sing Fleetwood Mac songs and I wouldn't leave.
I think Alice doing a rendition of Tusk would be quite interesting.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:12 pm

lattss wrote:
RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
glamprincess wrote: I'm an old-schooler and I never leave during the show. And I love Poison. I think the song may be a lot more popular with the Girls....Also it's the song where Alice points at the girls and we all nearly faint. :laugh:
I never leave the show under any circumstances.

Alice could sing Fleetwood Mac songs and I wouldn't leave.
I think Alice doing a rendition of Tusk would be quite interesting.
I think him singing "You Make Loving Fun" would be even better...

:rotfl:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:59 pm

>Even if you don't like the song "Poison" that much, don't you still enjoy watching Alice perform and his incredible stage presence?

Exactly. This is one of those posts that just about says it all. Not that it's for me to tell people what Alice Cooper is all about, but if Alice with NO props or theatrics AT ALL all except a cane isn't good enough for you, then all I can say is that we're looking at diiferent things.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:09 pm

ah... really was hoping to hear more of the ACAS album :(
The sanest days are mad.

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:21 pm

glamprincess wrote:
Devils Food wrote: I heard the reaction when I came back. I stepped out in the front into the fair for a smoke while it was on. The reaction seemed really good though.
I hope you don't mind my asking but why on earth would you leave for a smoke during an Alice show? Even if you don't like the song "Poison" that much, don't you still enjoy watching Alice perform and his incredible stage presence? I've never really understood why anyone would leave when Alice Cooper is onstage. Like Remarkably Insincere said, I don't care if Alice sings Fleetwood Mac songs....or even Abba songs....There's no way I am leaving when Alice is onstage!
I don't mind you asking at all in fact I welcome it. I see your point about Alice being on stage and all but as much as I love Alice and what he does I just despise "Poison" that much. "House Of Fire" would do the same thing to me if it was in the set. The Alice hair metal days were a real turn off for me and a serious black eye to his career IMO. I know those seemed like his glory days to some because it was on the radio and it sold well but to me it seemed like he conformed and it all seemed extremely pretencious, contrived and the scene was so redundant. To me when he joined into that genre I honestly thought I would never be back. In 1994 Last Temptation came out and I came back. That was a new life for the original Alice fans or at least it was for me and I've been on board ever since.

I'm glad that Alice had the commercial success he did because nobody deserves it more than him in my view but the way it happened never will sit well with me. The song Poison was never very strong anyway really.

Thanks for asking!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:37 pm

glamprincess wrote:There's no way I am leaving when Alice is onstage!
I'll second that. Even during extended guitar or drum solos when Alice is backstage or whatever, I'm always face-front.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:43 pm

Devils Food wrote:The Alice hair metal days were a real turn off for me and a serious black eye to his career IMO.
I loved those years. As metal and horror movies were the rage in the mid-80s, there was Alice... smack-dab in the middle of it all.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:09 am

So, I went to the show tonight. I gotta say, "School's Out" got an excellent reaction...BOTH times. There may or may not have been people wondering bout it being played a second time, but when the school bell turned on, and the band launched into the opening riff, the crowd went nuts....again!

LOVED the show. :clap:

DJ and KK were breaking in their new Les Pauls! :rock:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:19 am

you tube now has a video of the opening (from wisconsin)"school's out"...a little further down is a video of the curtain getting stuck on alice's head,allegedly.I say allegedly because you can't make it out!
can't find the "only women bleed" (listed as "I never cry") clip anymore..anyone see any other you tubes from the tour?
"you're momma thinks I'm filthy,you're daddy calls me scum"

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:24 am

Hahahaha. I can see my arms and my Dad's hat in the opening school's out one. And me standing up before the show actually starts! :laugh:

:8): :clap:

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:30 am

There's also part of NMMNG from tonight.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:55 am

Urf, I need to go and work now, I hope the videos are still up when I look tonight.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Someone should compile the links in a thread. I don't want to the show to be spoiled, so I won't go looking for them, but if they were here, I might be tempted to peek hahaha.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:20 pm

I just watched some. There are quite a few videos out there already!

Unlike someone else here (sorry can't remember who said that) I don't really like the routine with "I Never Cry". This is one of my favourite songs and this kind of spoils the romantic aspect of the song. But that's just me of course. I'll just have to re write the routine in my head :8):

But I don't see why it would be so strange to have Schools Out twice, it's a bit like the chorus in a song, it repeats and marks the steps between verses?