For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New Tour Setlist Discussion *SPOILER*

Post by Dave Conway » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Just speed read all of this, first impression is that I am delighted to see From The Inside and Nurse Rozetta included, also the mixing up of the running order, with Posion in the middle and NMMNG later on.

Not watched any You Tube footage yet.....
...And personally, I don't care.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:28 am

I don`t think anybody is suggesting that there is anything wrong with the show on a theatrical level and visually, from what i have seen it looks fantastic,and also what i have heard from the live recordings,it`s more the lack of new material track wise,4-5 tracks from ACAS could of slotted in just fine.

This is what could of been

(Quote 2008)

Cooper, whose previous conceptual epics include "Welcome to My Nightmare," "From the Inside" and "The Last Temptation," is planning a full-fledged stage show to support "Along Came a Spider" but won't have it on the road until 2009. "Right now I've got people that are drawing things up," says Cooper, who'd also like to offer a visual treatment of the album with different horror directors creating videos for each song. "We've started thinking about, 'What can we do to make this really interesting and what new things can we do with the stage?' I gonna definitely create a new way for Alice to die, something nobody's seen.
It must be true A_Michael said so

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:24 am

>This is what could of been

>(Quote 2008)

Things change and for all sorts of reasons.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:06 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>This is what could of been

>(Quote 2008)

Things change and for all sorts of reasons.
Not always for the best
It must be true A_Michael said so

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:12 pm

>Not always for the best

Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. It depends on who you talk to.

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:17 pm

I saw the show in Kansas City Friday night. I didn't look at any spoilers before I went. No idea about the act, the props, the setlist. All I can say is WOW, it worked! Loved it.

Yes, there are things one could be critical of. And yes, if I'd looked at the setlist before I went, I may have expected disappointment.But I was not.The progression seemed perfect to me, and I acted much like an overgrown child throughout most of the show(if you knew me, you would know that's not really me)

To be fair and honest, I would have only one thing change. Open with Hello Hooray and save School's out for the end. It's just my personal opinion but I have always loved HH for an opener.It's eery, creepy, and very fitting.

I understand the opinions expressed in this thread. I do consider myself a hardcore fan and I have seen these songs before just like everyone else,and if I were to choose the setlist would it be different? Yes. But this show, for me, was one of the best.
Last edited by MonsterDog on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:18 pm

Well the billboard article has given me a little hope: Alice mentions about the possibility of still doing an ACAS tour...I LOVE the entire Theatre of Death...I just wish there was more ACAS in it...one of the most visual albums, the stageshow would have been amazing and hope it still will be...
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:35 pm

MonsterDog wrote:But this show, for me, was one of the best.
Glad you had a great time, MonsterDog. :rock:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Never ever leave during an Alice show!!

Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:20 pm

>This is what could have been.

>I just wish there was more ACAS in it...the stageshow would have been amazing and hope it still will be.

Who says the show would have been better with more ACAS songs? The show cannot be tailored only for a few diehard fans who wanted to hear ACAS songs. There are plenty of casual and diehard fans who would not have preferred more ACAS songs to the better-known songs and the theatrics are working well with the songs selected. No offence, but what YOU wanted is not necessarily what everyone wanted and then one cannot assume that that would have been a better show. That's just your opinion. The people who have actually seen the show are saying it is amazing and that's what counts. So instead of saying "this is what could have been" and it "would have been amazing", why not enjoy what actually IS, especially since people are saying it IS amazing.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:26 am

nightmare inc. has removed the "school's out" video from wisconsin..I was really enjoying watching that intro,too!

BKCITIZEN
Trash
Trash

Post by BKCITIZEN » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Sorry to be negative but If you are going to tour on the back of a new album then surely the songs from that album should feature in the set. Only doing 1 song from ACAS is a major mistake.
I know he has 100's of fav tracks and I know the setlist should make a good show but surely we want to hear how the new album sounds "live" and not the 450th playing of the oldies.
I Used To Be Such A Sweet Sweet thing Til They Gotta Hold Of Me

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:50 pm

>Sorry to be negative but If you are going to tour on the back of a new album then surely the songs from that album should feature in the set.

There are five pages of posts in this thread alone. Your point was already debated there as well as in other threads (not only recently, but last year, as well). Alice is not touring "on the back of a new album." I wonder how many more times that point is going to have to be made.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:41 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Well the billboard article has given me a little hope: Alice mentions about the possibility of still doing an ACAS tour...
Alice's youthful idealism gets the best of him sometimes.
Me = Winning

BKCITIZEN
Trash
Trash

Post by BKCITIZEN » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:04 pm

[
There are five pages of posts in this thread alone. Your point was already debated there as well as in other threads (not only recently, but last year, as well). Alice is not touring "on the back of a new album." I wonder how many more times that point is going to have to be made.[/quote]

It is just my opinion and I believe I'm entitled to make it. I rarely come on the site now and the above is why. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
I'm sure the show as a spectacle will be great but I do wonder why almost all the hits must be recycled again. Alice should play more of the current album. It may even increase sales!
I WANT to hear the new tracks live. Some of them would be awesome. Most other bands I follow change up to half their setlist each tour.
I've heard the hits live. I will probably go and see the tour but change is not a bad thing. If you can completely change the stage then you can change the songs

That is just my humble opinion. I will disappear again
I Used To Be Such A Sweet Sweet thing Til They Gotta Hold Of Me

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:14 pm

It is just my opinion and I believe I'm entitled to make it.

Yes, you are. Does it add anything new, though? If not, do we need to know what you think?

>I rarely come on the site now and the above is why.

Now you're just being defensive.

> I do wonder why almost all the hits must be recycled again.

That's the point I'm making. You don't have to "wonder" - it's all been gone over many times on this board. Both sides of the argument have beem put forward (many times) so it should be easy for you to pick which explanation you agree with.

> Alice should play more of the current album. It may even increase sales!

This has been discussed many times before as well.

>I WANT to hear the new tracks live.

So do I, but we're not the only ones going to see the shows. It's not our decision and neither should it be.

> Most other bands I follow change up to half their setlist each tour.

They don't do theatrics though.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:59 am

Personally I do think its a great set list, cant wait for next week where I will see the show twice :love:

I never cry is an interesting choice, would have thought Quiet Room or Killed By Love would have worked better with what happens during the song.

AC Collect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by AC Collect » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Yeah, Never thought about that. Killed by Love would work brilliantly in it don't ya think?
It's Just The Little Things That Drive me Wild!

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:26 am

** Check this out **

I was board so I went through old old archive news. I found this dated July 19,2004. It concerned a set list contest under a catagory "never gonna happen" ....

Competition Winners
Jollyjon and I have been through all the entries for the Setlists competition and I'll let Jollyjon make the announcements in his own unique style:

It was a difficult choice blah blah blah but by and large setlists with direction and lighting went through to the shortlist and for fevered discussions in the top field. It's fair to say that we're 'Dada' bias and 'My Stars' / 'Blue Turk' will always get extra credit.

Our nominations for the "Never gonna happen awards" (but still amusing) are :-

- 10 minute breaks mid show
- Sheep falling from ceilings (honorable mention though)
- Huge 5ft joints
- Schools Out as opening track

CHECK OUT THAT LAST LINE !! Si and Jollyjon I ask you: Care to eat some words ??? :rotfl:

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:20 am

:rotfl:

I wonder who mentioned the sheep thing? Not... :)