For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Re: New Tour Setlist Discussion *SPOILER*

Post by sparkinthedark » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:56 am

I'm really, really pleased that DoY is back in the setlist - one of my favourites! :clap:
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:55 am

>Please don't think just because you've seen these songs before, Alice has become a "nostalgia" act.
He's really shaking things up!

I don't think that's going to convince someone like Toronto Bob and other who think like him, unfortunately.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:02 am

>And I mean no disrespect, really I don't, but to join the board only to voice disappointment seems like a waste of your time, doesn't it?

I disagree. Negative comments should be welcomed as they can provoke interesting debates.

Also, the responses from Sparticus, glamprincess and NotSoPerfect were brilliant.

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:04 am

Psycho Drama was one of the many tours I missed, due to having NO Cooper fans in my circle of friends. It is only as of late I am able to get to the shows w/out forcing someone to come with me. Imagine? At least now my hubby is willing and able to join me, and I have been blessed to move into a neighborhood with a Cooper fanatic two houses away :)
Don't know why i'm down here, must be something I said.......

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:38 pm

sparkinthedark wrote:I'm really, really pleased that DoY is back in the setlist - one of my favourites! :clap:
Yes, I love that tune... especially live.

Another thing, it sounded to me like the band is really playing the songs "heavy"... "Nurse Rozetta" sounded really kicka** and there were a few other times during the show when I went "Wow, they're really kicking a**!"
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:06 pm

Nurse Rozetta is one of the heavier tunes from that album. The question is, how is From the Inside going to sound, a very poppy (yet wonderful) little track.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:10 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:>And I mean no disrespect, really I don't, but to join the board only to voice disappointment seems like a waste of your time, doesn't it?

I disagree. Negative comments should be welcomed as they can provoke interesting debates.
No doubt about that, just seems an odd reason to join up, specifically to complain about a setlist. Then again... not the oddest thing that's been done here, after thinking about it. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:10 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:Nurse Rozetta is one of the heavier tunes from that album. The question is, how is From the Inside going to sound, a very poppy (yet wonderful) little track.
"From The Inside" is my fav from the show at this point... the extended band jam gives Keri and Damon a chance to shine and it rocks.

When Alice gets wheeled out in the wheelchair for Nurse Rozetta... friggin classic!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:14 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
sparkinthedark wrote:I'm really, really pleased that DoY is back in the setlist - one of my favourites! :clap:
Yes, I love that tune... especially live.

Another thing, it sounded to me like the band is really playing the songs "heavy"... "Nurse Rozetta" sounded really kicka** and there were a few other times during the show when I went "Wow, they're really kicking a**!"
Hehehehe. Good to hear,and this makes me laugh. JUST before it showed up confirmed here on STUK, I asked Damon if he was coming back "because that would kick ass." His response was "prepare ass for kicking." Guess he's living up to that statement!
:rock:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:35 pm

>No doubt about that, just seems an odd reason to join up, specifically to complain about a setlist.

I see your point, but what usually happens, is that I will get into a debate with someone, both sides express their opinion and in the end, we all agree that I was right (that's a Brian a Clough reference).

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Never knew you were a football fan Andy.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:51 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote: but what usually happens, is that I will get into a debate with someone, both sides express their opinion and in the end, we all agree that I was right
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:19 am

Oh my word. :p
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

kosciuskouk
Dada God
Dada God

Post by kosciuskouk » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:31 pm

Good to see 'From the Inside' and 'Nurse Rozetta' (fav Alice song).

Good to see 'Feed my Frankenstien' gone,was bar break time! (shame 'Poison' didn't follow it in the bin)

Shame not more ACAS, not biggest fan but far better than anything since BP imho.

Rest of.......given up hope of seeing anything near what i'd choose!! ......but with so many songs you can't please everyone!
If it's too loud...your too old! :rock:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:41 pm

I have to say I prefer "Poison" in the middle of the set... it comes off pretty cool there.

That's one of the songs that HAS to be played.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Poison blows but its one of those songs that has to be played for the MTV'ers in the crowd. It's the song and part of the show where the old schoolers hit the bar or the bathroom or both...

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Parish wrote:Poison blows but its one of those songs that has to be played for the MTV'ers in the crowd. It's the song and part of the show where the old schoolers hit the bar or the bathroom or both...
I'm an old-schooler and I never leave during the show. And I love Poison. I think the song may be a lot more popular with the Girls....Also it's the song where Alice points at the girls and we all nearly faint. :laugh:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:25 pm

glamprincess wrote: I'm an old-schooler and I never leave during the show. And I love Poison. I think the song may be a lot more popular with the Girls....Also it's the song where Alice points at the girls and we all nearly faint. :laugh:
I never leave the show under any circumstances.

Alice could sing Fleetwood Mac songs and I wouldn't leave.

Devils Food
Killer
Killer

Post by Devils Food » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Parish wrote:Poison blows but its one of those songs that has to be played for the MTV'ers in the crowd. It's the song and part of the show where the old schoolers hit the bar or the bathroom or both...
I really hate that song. I do exactly what you are talking about. I get up and go smoke a cigarette when that song is played. I'm glad it was in the middle of the set this time. Not only for the sake of smoking but when Poison is played at the end I feel it leaves the crowd unfulfilled like the show didn't climax or something. It leaves me unsatisfied if you know what I mean. LOL

I understand it has to be played unfortunately.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:25 pm

I wouldn't say it leaves the "crowd" unsatisfied. I'm usually in the middle of a ton of people that were THRILLED it was played. And I like it, too!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!