COMING IN 2009…
Skinny Puppy
Type O Negative
Alice Cooper DVD
Whitesnake Live
Engel
Annihilator
…and much, much more

I wonder if this will be the Along Came A Spider Concert on DVD? I bet it is...
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New Alice Cooper DVD for 2009

Post by scotty » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:32 am

that would be great,but I wouldn't be too disapointed if it was the psycho drama show either!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:35 pm

Hey.....more Coop footage to own and watch? Sounds good to me!

:rock:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Gorehound
Blonde and Proud butler
Blonde and Proud butler

Post by Gorehound » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:23 pm

Another Alice DVD would be awesome :clap:
Flesh fanatic psychopath

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:50 pm

Hopefully this will include a bonus disc with some of the tracks that never made the album.

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:37 pm

All I know is that I can't wait.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:32 am

Any Alice DVD would be worth the price for me.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Swordandstone
Trash
Trash

Post by Swordandstone » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:16 am

Gorehound wrote:Another Alice DVD would be awesome :clap:

I second that. A live concert with some other bonus would be great.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:21 pm

I have to say that I am hoping it is a dvd for the upcoming ACAS tour and it could include the following:

The concert
the VIM/ITWYFS/KBL music video
the making of segment
various interviews
bonus discs that includes any songs not included on ACAS
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Got a recollections that some time earlier this year Alice was playing some kind of festival featuring a number of acts and somebody was filimg it. The local news/entertainment programme could only show shots from a distance in their review piece because of the filming rights I presume. Is this like to be the DVD we are talking about?. If this is so then the DVD will probably be The Pyscho Drama show which to be fair is a good one for the collection and apparently the last hanging.

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Would be cool, if they had the acas trailers and making of and the video as bonuses and a gig, still i thoguht the toiur wasn't brilliant, ever since eyes i don't think alice has been doing his best...
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:32 pm

The hanging would be cool to have documented and I was not able to see the Drama tour so that would be cool. However, I would think that the ACAS would be more prominent as there was much more attention to that album.

I noticed with all the new albums...Death Magnetic, Democracy, Nostrodamus, AC/DC, Motely Crue that there is a TRUE resurgence in Classic Rock. But with all those new releases...after the initial release date and touring the whole thing is done and over rather quick. With ALice waiting to tour the album in 2009 could that mean a longer life for ACAS?

What I mean is that I think with the record doing so well and it being such a visual concept that the tour might generate a buzz in itself and might sell a whole lot more records rather then if ALice toured the album right away without the general pubic being able to digest it so to speak. I don't know either way, but there was a huge discussion about that a while back...maybe not such a bad idea? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm hoping Alice goes all out with the tour...he does have a lot of positive attention and critcial acclaim (the album was considered a big success) these days and it might be the time to show the world one more time who the true king is.

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:52 am

Anything would be great , but I'm still hearing rumours that the Wellington NZ show was filmed for DVD release

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:34 pm

Darren wrote:I noticed with all the new albums...Death Magnetic, Democracy, Nostrodamus, AC/DC, Motely Crue that there is a TRUE resurgence in Classic Rock.
Maybe not as huge as you may think. That's just several bands out of hundreds or thousands every year. These bands have been releasing material for a long time now, just a lot of them hit on 2008, and how many lived up to the hype?
But with all those new releases...after the initial release date and touring the whole thing is done and over rather quick.
Not too uncommon for bands to tour for an album a couple of years after a release.
What I mean is that I think with the record doing so well and it being such a visual concept that the tour might generate a buzz in itself and might sell a whole lot more records rather then if ALice toured the album right away without the general pubic being able to digest it so to speak.
Never been an issue before for people and not sure what this "needing a chance to digest it" business is about which I've seen mentioned a few times in the past. Record shops will probably have a better availability of a new album right after its release than a year later.
I'm hoping Alice goes all out with the tour...he does have a lot of positive attention and critcial acclaim (the album was considered a big success)
I guess that depends on what you consider a "big success." Seems like it is sort of forgotten about here already, which I'd hate to see happen even if I don't care at all for it.
these days and it might be the time to show the world one more time who the true king is.
David Lee Roth! YES!
Me = Winning

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:46 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:Hey.....more Coop footage to own and watch? Sounds good to me!

:rock:

That's what I was thinking! Either ACAS or the Psychodrama tour will do! Come to think of it, ANY concert DVD of Alice!!! :rock:
"Same as always, different as ever"

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:22 am

Wicked Young Man

quote: "Maybe not as huge as you may think. That's just several bands out of hundreds or thousands every year. These bands have been releasing material for a long time now, just a lot of them hit on 2008, and how many lived up to the hype?"

I have to disagree with you. Most of those bands I mention have not released anything new in years...but all were well received by fans. As far as living up to the hype, thats just a matter of opinion. A lot of fans enjoyed all those releases so yeah I'd say they all lived up to their hype.

I understand that bands may tour for an album for years...

As far as people needing a "chance to digest it" not ever being an issue. Well in Alice's case a lot of people are not aware that he still makes records...so with some time and proper marketing people can pick up the album, have a chance to listen to it for a while or "Digest it" as I like to say. Then when they hear the song live they just don't go get a drink or go to the washroom.

I personally like ACAS...but even if I didn't I could not deny that it has generated more interest and sold far more then his last few albums...I would consider that a success...

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:45 am

I have to disagree with you. Most of those bands I mention have not released anything new in years...
I will admit I was keeping Metallica & Judas Priest in mind when I said that. But yes, the other couple hadn't released anything for several years.
but all were well received by fans.
Maybe a small exception with Judas Priest's/GNRs new one.
As far as living up to the hype, thats just a matter of opinion. A lot of fans enjoyed all those releases so yeah I'd say they all lived up to their hype.
The hype is higher when there are no new releases for several years.
Well in Alice's case a lot of people are not aware that he still makes records...so with some time and proper marketing people can pick up the album, have a chance to listen to it for a while or "Digest it" as I like to say. Then when they hear the song live they just don't go get a drink or go to the washroom.
It works the other way too by playing the new songs to promote the album when it is out. But if one tours for a couple of years, then it is enough time to turn a bathroom break song from this year when the stuff is out into not one next year.
I personally like ACAS...but even if I didn't I could not deny that it has generated more interest and sold far more then his last few albums...
Do you have specific sales numbers up to this point? I think the last we left off, ACAS was in the neighborhood of 17,000 a few weeks after release. Brutal Planet was up to 63,000 I think as of a couple of years ago.
Me = Winning

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:57 am

Wicked Young Man: Merry Christmas!

Could we agree to disagree?

No, I don't have the actual numbers of the sales between BP and ACAS, but it did chart higher then BP. (and BP has been out for 9 years) So, I think a direct comparison might be wrong. Now, I'm not saying that ACAS is necessarily better because of charting higher then BP, I'm just going back to my original point by saying that for some reason right now classic artists are in great demand (greater) demand then in a long time. The younger generation has an interest in classic rock (which I think is great) now is a good time to capitalize.

There are things on the record that are not perfect...sure, the clapping gets out of hand at some points. Some of the lyrics I thought could have been better but all in all...I liked it. Yes, even the ballads. There are some of the most beautiful lyrics on that album though "You look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car".

Anyways, I hope to be able to agree to disagree with you WYM and appreciate and respect your opinions.

Hope Santa is good to all

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:55 pm

Darren wrote:the clapping gets out of hand at some points.
Agreed, but after a while it just becomes part of the background noise and doesn't seem so 'forced'. Well, for me anyway.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:35 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
Darren wrote:the clapping gets out of hand at some points.
Agreed, but after a while it just becomes part of the background noise and doesn't seem so 'forced'. Well, for me anyway.
Yeah, I'd say so.

Just out of curiosity did you or anyone else notice the hand drums/bongo?drums in Feminine Side? Very low in the mix but they are there.