For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Re: Alice in Germany

Post by sparkinthedark » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:21 pm

ikbenalicefan wrote:There are meet and greet tickets(375 euro) for all the Germans show :smack:

Really? Not seen anyone talking about those online (unless I'm going blind) - they must have kept it quiet!

EDIT - Just looked at ac.com and it lists packages for a couple German shows, but not all. Not that it matters to me, just curious!
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

KylerClark
Trash
Trash

Post by KylerClark » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:13 am

Just want to point out one more thing about Coverdale that might help with the lip synching dealio... David has an extremely loud voice... I mean LOUD. His voice is powerful, and a pro singer knows how to work the mic to his advantage... When he's about to belt he pulls the mic back a bit so that he doesn't overload the PA... sort of mixing himself so to speak. Plus, if he is having a rough night which all singers go thru occasionally, including you know who... he'd probably pull back a bit in that circumstance and let the backgrounds fill in. That's why you occasionally see David with the mic a little farther away from his mouth, because it doesn't NEED to be super close cus he sings really loud. Coop on the other hand, does not have a naturally loud voice so his mic is usually very close.

Lets not forget that a lot of our musical heros are getting up there in age... they aren't OLD, but hitting those high notes or running around gets harder and harder every year. I think a lot of these guys do a stellar job, look at some of the new bands that are out there where the musicians just stand there and the singer can't sing even at a young age... Look at Coop... he's 60 and he has more energy than I do! There are some days where I have a hard time keeping up with him. Gotta respect these guys! Anywho, just my two cents.
KC

ikbenalicefan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by ikbenalicefan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:16 am

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:50 pm

Atlanta Santa I am envious! Unless I was not looking in the right place, we did not have the M&G option here in Boston. & if we did I'd be hard pressed to afford it. Why are they so expensive, does anyone know? I"m guessing it's to keep the amount sold down to a reasonable number, but of course there could just be a limited amount available too. It would be my luck to shell out the money, meet my IDOL and then become mute!

Great pix by the way thanks for posting them.

& Happy Thanksgiving to Jaded, & all other sickthings as well-Jaded I believe we are playing you today in football!
Don't know why i'm down here, must be something I said.......

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:20 pm

Thank you GTKAB! Its my first Thanksgiving in 3 years and I'm very excited for my dinner today!
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving as well!!

Happy Turkey day to everyone who is celebrating today!
(and you too Si! I miss you! :HEART: )
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:49 pm

It would be a sad day when DC lip syncs. I remember seeing Whitesnake in the early 80's with DC, Lord, Murray, Paice, Moody and Marsden ... a truely classic band and that voice was absolutely brilliant with effortless power.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:42 pm

I'm late... but Happy Turkey, y'all.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Atlemann
Trash
Trash

Post by Atlemann » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:22 am

Back in Norway after the weekend in Frankfurt. Very good show with Alice,sound was amazing. But the crowd was just standing totally still. Must be sad to play for such a boring people. But Alice rocked the house... :clap:

likeamonster
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by likeamonster » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:05 pm

I saw him in Hamburg, it was awesome!
Alice sung great, Keri did a very good guitar solo, the drum solo was awesome.....
I want to see them again, this year!
:alice: He's back :alice:
The man behind the mask
And he's out of control