For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

alice in BOSTON

Post by Give the kid a break » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:03 am

Well the Boston show finally came, and it was AWESOME!! Front row seats, the band was totally rockin the entire time & AC was in great form. We were so close when they were standing at the edge of the stage we had to back up a bit just to look up because they were so in our faces.

I was hoping to hold a sign during "elected" since I never did win a backstage pass, not for lack of trying, but they had the first band hold the signs which was kind of a drag. Not for them they looked pretty happy about it, but I was hoping they'd pick those of us going mental in the front.

Alice did grab my hair during poison, I thought I was going to DIE!! Sigh.....

Now I just have my memories to keep me going until the next show. And my pix, which I need to figure out how to download.
Don't know why i'm down here, must be something I said.......

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:35 pm

Glad you had a great time GtKaB! Look forward to seeing your pictures! It's great when the band are so close!
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

soo close

Post by Give the kid a break » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:31 pm

Yeah, it was really an unbelievable time. The guys were so nice, there was a little girl w/her dad right behind us and Jason & Chuck kept ruffling her hair, giving her picks and smiling at her. It was very sweet. She also got a cane (AC tapped her on the head & handed it to her) money and beads. It was nice to see them notice her & pay so much attention to her.

Of course, after seeing Calico covered in blood & Alice driving the stake thru the baby she's probably going to have to sell the cane to pay for her therapy, but hey it's all for rock & roll, right? :)

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:59 pm

Glad you had a rockin' time!!!!! :rock:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:18 pm

Glad you had a great time! How was the crowd?
Did you get any pictures of Chuck?? :HEART:
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:16 pm

I didn't get any pix of just chuck, but I did get them all together when they would meet at the front of the stage.

To be honest I didn't even check out the crowd until it was almost over, but everyone i n our section was loud, happy & having a good time.

In general the Boston crowd for Alice at the Orpheum is really fun, face painters, top hats, parents w/kids, etc.

I'm going to keep trying to download my film & will keep you all posted.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:54 am

glad you had a good time,kid.my first show was front row seats..you cannot come down from the thrill for days!!!! I saw alice on the special forces tour,and at the time,or maybe it was just that night,he would not look down or engage with the crowd at all.that was 27 years ago,and I can still remember how exciting it was despite the fact alice seemed to just be going through the motions.

happy for ya!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:31 am

I thought the crowd was great. Really good reactions to lots of things. Alice seemed in a great mood, laughing quite a few times at things. I was also highly amused to see Pat poke at Alice a few extra times while he was hanging. :laugh:

I took 2 friends who have very little Alice exposure before this...just what the general public would know, and a few songs I've had them listen to.

Their reaction? They LOVED it. Couldn't stop talking about it last night. One of them got a t-shirt, and they both want to go again at some point.

They commented on how awesome
--the general show is
--Alice's interaction is--specifically how good he is at eye contact
--the lighting during Vengeance "made him look like a freakin' demon!"
--how even the songs they liked are just amazing live, with his presentation
--his energy level

Really....I was just hoping they came away thinking it wasn't terrible, and they were raving. I saw one of them even had their ticket stuck up on their bulletin board before bed last night. :8):

And an interesting comment about repetitive lyrics. One of them stated that while it doesn't bother him too much, he does notice how lots of songs anymore repeat lots of lyrics. But he thought it played especially well to the live performance, as Alice was able to point out different people, and emphasize repetitions in certain ways. Just found it amusing that he brought that up, and how effective he thought it was live.

As for the show, I was able to move from 4th row to 2nd row. Got some acknowledgement from everyone, and walked away with a B$B bill, a broken
DD necklace, and one of Eric's drumsticks. Managed to catch up with KK afterward for a while and head out for a drink with him and some friends.

SO glad I made the trip to Boston...all things Coop and non-Coop related were super fun. AND all my flights were on time!!!! :clap:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:05 am

Glad you and your friends had a great time! :clap:

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:07 am

Oh, AND I got a decent picture or two of a certain bass player. ;)

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:10 am

:love:

Thank you!!
He's so pretty..LOL

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:19 am

Excellent show and had a great time, although while heading back to the hotel at 3:00 pm after cooling down at an Irish pub after the show we got soaked in the pouring rain only to find a huge water main break which took out the plumbing for blocks at the hotel. No food or shower made for a grungy trip home in the morning.

Nice you meet you NSP.

Pictures will be coming as soon as I get a chance.

Here are a few from The Who the night before:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kubacheck/
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:21 pm

Thanks JJ!
I think I need a cold shower now... :rotfl:

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:55 pm

NSP I agree w/everything in your post-the band and Alice were in great moods, smiling a lot-I did see that broken necklace too, you must have been stage right because he seems to be giving a lot of stuff out over on that side-

at the very end the mic stand fell over toward where we were (stage left) and Alice tried to pick it up by stabbing at it w/his sword a few times, then he just laughed and gave up, & finished the song w/out it. It was cool to see that up close-we even tried to help him lift it at one point since it was so close, but we were about 6 inches too short-

My husband was a fan before this show, we saw AC together at the Orpheum 2 yrs ago, but after this show I dare say he is turning into a fanatic like myself!

If you go onto youtube do a search for Poison Hair Grab, that is my video of Alice playing poison, I taped alice for a bit, then the band, then my husband, & when I went back to taping Alice he walks over, licks his fingers, and GRABS MY HAIR!! That is when all you see are his legs, and on the left side of the screen I grab his boot, I didn't know what to do! Then he hi-fives my hubby and I compose myself to continue taping. It was AWESOME!!!

Jumping Jack, are those pix backstage? How did you score that? I tried to win 2 different contests, but alas I was not picked as a backstage pass winner....

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:46 pm

I also tried to win through the radio station, but the web broadcast is a minute or 2 delayed so no chance. Also, no winners are permitted from outside the state.

Let's just say when my wife is on a Coop mission she is not to be denied. The band M&G was just behind where you were and off to the right hand side. Coop's VIP M&G was up in the box seats above. NSP was sitting 2nd row behind you, we were 5th row aisle behind you. Wendy is a bit pissed I missed the "money shots" with her huggin on Chuck and Keri. I guess I need to work on my paparazzi skills. I did get a kick outta Coop grabbing you hair. It was a pretty good pull! That evil Coop is a bad dude, LOL!
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:30 pm

Yeah, Kid...i was right in front of KK's mic stand, so opposite side from you. That broken necklace went backwards when Alice threw it. And then KK tossed it out. Hehe....and then at the bar later he was trying to put it back together, no luck.

And the mic stand bit was great. I loved when Alice gave up, slashed at it one last time with the sword, for good measure, and walked away laughing. :laugh:

And yay for getting your hair pulled.....great, isn't it? :grin

Nice to meet you too, JJ.

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:40 pm

who is M&G? Do you know them?

Funny thing about that radio station backstage pass giveaway, i'm wondering if anyone got those passes. When I called on Monday to get my tickets I asked if they had pulled the winners, she said no they needed to work out some administrative stuff first, so I called Tues & thurs. and was told the same thing. Wierd? They said they weren't going to announce the winners on the radio, they'd just call them. But why take so long?

I was also on a mission, but unfortunately I wasn't able to pull thru on any backstage stuff. The hair pull was nice though. And yes, I have washed my hair since then, as much as I didn't want to! :)

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:43 pm

M&G=meet and greet

Rocketdog
Trash
Trash

Post by Rocketdog » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:16 am

Had a good time at the Boston show, despite a debacle with Ticketmaster. Get this...

What happened was I got tickets the day they went on sale about 10 minutes after they did, and all that was left available at that time was in the "Balcony". Couldn't believe it, but wanted to be sure I got to go, so we got them anyway. I have a friend who works at a Tickemaster outlet, who checked the availability, and with the exception of a single seat here or there, there was nothing left in the "Orchestra" section anymore. I also had him monitor the show to see how well it was selling, and within two weeks of tix going on sale, there were less than 30 seats left. That was, until about a three weeks ago, when suddenly, HUNDREDS of better seats went on sale. And again, these were better seats than I was able to get THE DAY THEY WENT ON SALE, right after they did. Stuff within the first 4 rows (and beyond) in "Orchestra", which were not previously available. I was livid, and Tickemaster, of course, will not let you do exchanges or refunds. So, unless I wanted to buy more tickets, and be out another $100 some odd dollars, I was stuck with what I had - which was Row Q, pretty much near the back of the Balcony section.

Even pissed off, we didn't want to miss Coop, so we decided to make the best of it. Especially since the mid level venue he always used to play here in Maine closed, (which was why he didn't play here for the first time in five tours), and this was our only opportunity to see him without traveling too far out of the way.

During most of Wednesday 13's set, we still saw MANY empty (and closer) seats in the Balcony section ahead of us. After about 4 songs into Alice's set, I asked an usher if we could take them, since no one else had. He said "sure, but you have to move back to your regular seats if someone does come to claim them with tix". Since we had nothing to lose, we went for it, and ended up moving from row Q to row G, just a bit behind the Mezzanine section. Luckily, no one ever showed up for them, so we got to finish out the evening with a a far superior view.

I'd have to say the highlight of the evening, musically, was "Halo Of Flies" - which was just awesome. This was also my first time seeing JH and KK on guitar, and I was duly impressed with them, as well. One other cool part of the show was this back flip (or maybe it was a front one) dance move that Calico did, which had almost everyone in the audience "oooh"-ing.

It would have been cool to hear more material off the new album, but I get why there isn't enough time too include it. Still, I would have loved to hear "Killed By Love" live. They did, however play most of the album before the show, during the change over between bands, which I thought was sort of odd.

BTW - Hi, NSP! Nice to see you here, as well as the CT message board.