For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

unafraid
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Alice in Ottawa

Post by unafraid » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:25 pm

Went to see Alice in Ottawa last Saturday with a friend. We went to see Eric Singer for my friend during the afternoon at the local Long & McQuade store, he was pretty cool... and patient. 2 embarrassing Kiss fans had TONS and TONS of stuff to sign, it was ridiculous. One of them was even hoping to get TATTOOED by Singer on the arm AND the back. WTF? :) Singer pretended to not understand his request and just offered to sign on either his arm or his back but not both.

The show itself was awesome. I saw Alice in Vancouver back in 2005. Vancouver had a better setlist but Ottawa show was much better overall. We were very close to the stage (like 2nd/3rd row), right in front of Alice for most the show. Got to catch a necklace and a dollar bill. A bunch of people next to me fought for his cane for like 5 minutes, it was pathetic. Calico was hot as always. After the show, she quickly came back to spray some blood on us, that was funny.

It would be cool if Alice could vary his setlist a little bit from night to night. 2-3 songs could easily be replaced with other songs. Imo, there are better openers than It's hot tonight. Be my lover could also be switched for something else.
You got the picnic, I got the ants.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:34 pm

Oh man....I'd be sad to see Be My Lover go....especially any time I'm in the front row and *might* have a chance to be sung to. :rotfl:

Glad you had a good time! I tell ya....as much as I'd like to catch one, having a cane thrown near me almost scares me anymore. People are gettin' CR-AZY!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:01 am

I was at the Ottawa show too!
It was awesome, I expected nothing less. The band (as per usual) was amazing. First time seeing the Keri Kelli/Jason Hook guitar team, awesome! I could go on and on but I'm just glad I got to see the Alice Cooper Show once again! (4th time!).

Econoline Crush did a good opening set as well.
"Same as always, different as ever"

unafraid
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by unafraid » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:56 pm

Btw, after the guy played his lenghty spanish-like guitar solo, I thought they were gonna play Desperado but it never happened.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:26 pm

'Tis true, unafraid - Keri's solo did used to lead into Desperado but then the setlist changed and although Keri's solo spot remained, the song itself was dropped.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:53 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:I tell ya....as much as I'd like to catch one, having a cane thrown near me almost scares me anymore. People are gettin' CR-AZY!
Tell me about it. ;)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

unafraid
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by unafraid » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:22 am

sparkinthedark wrote:'Tis true, unafraid - Keri's solo did used to lead into Desperado but then the setlist changed and although Keri's solo spot remained, the song itself was dropped.
To make room for one more new song (In touch)?

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:59 pm

unafraid wrote:
sparkinthedark wrote:'Tis true, unafraid - Keri's solo did used to lead into Desperado but then the setlist changed and although Keri's solo spot remained, the song itself was dropped.
To make room for one more new song (In touch)?
Yup. :)

As to canes flying about, I'm bad enough with the guy's picks! My instinctive reaction is to close my eyes and duck if I see something flying towards me! :grin: Fortunately the cane I got was as a result of a gentle throw direct towards me and the crop I didn't have to fight for at ALL. :laugh:
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Duck at flying things? Not me. Come to think of it, if I would have head-butted the cane in mid-air I would have had a better shot at snatching it up. Regarding picks, strangely I've had minimal problems catching those. I guess it comes from watching the goalies during hockey games. ;)

unafraid
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by unafraid » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:32 am

I was surprised to hear I'll still be there and Shadow of yourself played before Alice's show. I guess those b-sides are played all the time before every show?

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:47 am

Seems to be something that started up with the Canada shows, the playing of ACAS pre-show. I saw 8 shows in August/September, and they played a different pre-show tape for that.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:25 pm

unafraid wrote:I was surprised to hear I'll still be there and Shadow of yourself played before Alice's show. I guess those b-sides are played all the time before every show?
I only noticed these songs in Calgary, but they could have been played at the other three shows and I didn't notice.

unafraid
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Alice in Ottawa

Post by unafraid » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:59 pm

unafraid wrote:2 embarrassing Kiss fans had TONS and TONS of stuff to sign, it was ridiculous. One of them was even hoping to get TATTOOED by Singer on the arm AND the back. WTF? :) Singer pretended to not understand his request and just offered to sign on either his arm or his back but not both.
Remember that guy? Look under October 15 on this page:

http://www.eric-singer.com/

It's the guy himself.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:16 am

Found this "thank you" to Eric for the Edmonton Mother's Music signing on their site. Take note of the handsome, rugged dude in front of the table on the first pic... :8):

I think he was signing my Brutally Live VHS cover.

http://www.mothersmusic.com/MM_Clinics_ ... Events.htm

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:02 am

I'm so envious of you guys that have met him.closest I have come is a friend of mine met him at a detroit tigers game and mentioned that he had a friend (me!!!!) that would probably chop off an arm to meet him! alice thought that was a cool imagery!!!! sigh....alice likes the thought of me maiming myself!!!!!!! :clap:

unafraid
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by unafraid » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:09 am

My friend and his brother met Alice the afternoon before a show he did in Montreal a few years ago. Alice was shopping shoes somewhere on rue Ste-Catherine. He asked Alice if he was gonna do songs from a certain album (can't remember which one), Alice said no "... but we might play Halo of flies". :)

Singer was cool, but I didn't get anything signed, I was just there for my friend. Maybe I'm not fan enough, but I only really care for Alice but not for his touring musicians. They're not part of Alice Cooper to me.