Vengeance,in touch with & killed by love vid

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:16 pm

I kinda agree with WYM, most of all i felt let down by the songwriters and producers. There are some great moments and some genuinely good ideas on ACAS, but it just doesn't feel and sound like the songs reached their full potential. Lyrically i hate to say it, but it sounds (to my ears) like Alice rushed it a bit.

But like has been said, it's just not my cup of tea but it's very clear that ALOT of people really do love this album so Alice must be doing something right. I'll still buy whatever he releases cos i adore the guy.

As for promotion for ACAS, i dont really have a bad word to say about it, the artwork is fantastic (best since Last Temptation) and the video is nothing short of sheer brilliance.

But yeah, i certainly don't want to be too negative about ACAS but i do think it's important that everyone is honest about their opinions, that's what makes this an interesting forum to be a part of.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:25 pm

criss wrote:
mattcoddington wrote:
criss wrote:I still think the album had so much potential but to me it has been let down by poor leadership or lack of funds , time restraints or talent or all of the above .
explain.
To my ears the album has some great tunes and lots of sub par filler . So im guessing that poor leadership , lack of funds , time restraints or talent was to blame for all the filler .

Hey maybe the coop and his team love those tunes that i think stink , and plenty of people around here like em and thats cool . So take my view with a grain of salt .
ok. i wasn't sure if you were basing those opinions on any concrete information you had.

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:37 am

The video is great. Just what Alice needed to jump out of the box. And comedy with terror works better for Alice than anybody else in the world. But the Album is a little Cheezy. It think it could of been better with more time. I felt a little rushed at the end, and think it was. Alice is a busy man doing everything he wants and everything he is scheduled to do. If Alice would gave this his all., especially lyrically....it could of been better. Some words are repeated too much. That is Cheezy to me. If it is a classic on down the road someday....It'll be because it hit at the right time with a cool video. I'm still hoping for that. :laugh: Am I too late ?....I need to check the charts for information. I guess I'm prepared for any arguments that come my way. Bring it on. :x
Remember this is my opinion. :grin:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:47 am

This album has really divided fans to the point of some really heated arguments that have got out of hand at times, and I know I have been annoyed and caused annoyance in equal measure. :evil:

Personally I rate it as one of the best for a long time.

I guess a lot of you have strong opinions like me but of the complete opposite with regards this album.

We shall have to agree to differ for the sake of a bit of harmony on here ;)
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:17 am

steven_crayn wrote:This album has really divided fans to the point of some really heated arguments that have got out of hand at times, and I know I have been annoyed and caused annoyance in equal measure. :evil:

I guess a lot of you have strong opinions like me but of the complete opposite with regards this album.

We shall have to agree to differ for the sake of a bit of harmony on here ;)
agreed
x

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:21 pm

steven_crayn wrote:This album has really divided fans to the point of some really heated arguments that have got out of hand at times, and I know I have been annoyed and caused annoyance in equal measure. :evil:
of course!!
as do i. i thought dd was junk.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:43 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
of course!!
as do i. i thought dd was junk.
Nice to see us agreeing on something Matt :evil:

I wasn't crazy on Dirty Diamonds, though I think caling it junk is harsh, Sunset Babies I thought was a really good song amongst others, but there is more musical direction on ACAS I feel.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:31 pm

steven_crayn wrote:Nice to see us agreeing on something Matt :evil:

I wasn't crazy on Dirty Diamonds, though I think caling it junk is harsh, Sunset Babies I thought was a really good song amongst others, but there is more musical direction on ACAS I feel.
ok, so maybe not junk. only a couple good songs on that one, in my opinion.

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:01 am

I kind of thought that TEOAC, DD and ACAS were all very similar sounding albums. All 3 albums had a lot of variety on them. But out of the last 3 solo efforts, I thought they got better and better as they went along. With Spider being the best out of the 3. It was truly nice to see alice returning to darker topics and subject matter. I think that is where he is best because Alice sings about stuff "you shouldn't sing about". I'd much rather hear that type of creativity then hear a song like 'Novocain' which is about as un-Alice as you can get.

"You look like you could fit in the trunk of my car" - damn that was beautiful...

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:09 am

"You look like you could fit in the trunk of my car" - damn that was beautiful...

That's my favorite lyric off the whole damn CD, Darren..

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:41 am

Is that what the lyric is on the original "Saints of the Underground" version?
Me = Winning

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:00 pm

Yeah, I'm wondering that. Might not even actually be an Alice line. Or...maybe it is. Darn! Wish I'd caught that song when it was up on SOTU's myspace!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

AliceAddict
Trash
Trash

Different strokes...

Post by AliceAddict » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:17 pm

Personally I thought ACAS was better than DD, but not as slick as BP/DT. I change my mind on this one almost hourly. It's...different, compared to later work, but wouldn't seem out of place next to WTMN or maybe RYFAY(gail/chopchop...etc). Love the vid, just wonder why he'd cut the leg off there...I'd have removed the leg at the hip socket...but that wouldn't have looked as pretty on film lol! ;)
~S~

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:27 am

Would've needed a fileting knife! Heheheh!
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..