Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:40 pm

Thanks for the link, DragonLady!

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:58 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:
Why are you labouring the point? WYM said he loved the video but isn't a massive fan of the songs - surely that's enough?!

I happen to agree with WYM, the video is absolutely superb. Vengeance Is Mine is probably my favourite track off ACAS. I still think Killed By Love is an awful song though, although it's not as bad as Salvation.

The question wasn't addressed to you or are you in league with WYM now :laugh:

first you hate the whole album now you like Vengeance ;)
Errr...this is a discussion board Steven, therefore all points made on the board are up for discussion. If you wish to have a discussion solely with WYM then i suggest you do so by PM. You don't seem to discuss things, rather you prefer to slam other peoples opinions and throw in the odd insult for good measure. I have not once slammed you, your music, your experience or your opinions yet you have done all these things to me and others on here and i think now is about the time it should stop.

And once again you twist my words. I have always said that Vengeance is my favourite track off ACAS, i have never said i liked it though! It's the best of a bad bunch basically.
It is so easy for you to throw those accusations at me, but I back up everything I say with a reason behind it.

If you and others can't see that then it is down to you, sorry if you are so upset about it.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:12 am

I have created a new poll about this video in the Polls section

http://sickthingsuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4732
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:30 am

steven_crayn wrote:first you hate the whole album now you like Vengeance ;)
I never said either of those things Steven, if that's what you are implying.
Me = Winning

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:47 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:first you hate the whole album now you like Vengeance ;)
I never said either of those things Steven, if that's what you are implying.
If you go to the link and scroll down to look at Hannu30's post July 9th he is pretty scathing about the album, and in the post that followed you wrote
"Ditto Hannu"

viewtopic.php?t=4171&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

Also in other posts you have really had a go at the lyrics on the album.

So I think I can take it from that you were not a fan of the album, is that still the case?
Or on now seeing the video you realise Vengeance is not a bad effort afterall?

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:35 am

Liking the vid and liking the album are two different things. Visually, the Vengeance Is Mine video gave me another interpretation of the song, but if I didn't like the album I could still think the visuals and camera work complimented the song. Or maybe I found my own interpretation of the song/album in my head that I prefered better than the vid.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:36 am

steven_crayn wrote:If you go to the link and scroll down to look at Hannu30's post July 9th he is pretty scathing about the album, and in the post that followed you wrote
"Ditto Hannu"

So where did I say that I "hate" the album or that I "like" Vengeance?
So what?
So I think I can take it from that you were not a fan of the album, is that still the case?
Yes, but that does not equal me saying that I "hate the album."
I realize? Why.. why yes Steven. Why tonight I was at my semi weekly spiratural meeting, and went into a very deep thought. Suddenly, the spirit of Zenu, The Patron Saint of Music, appeared to me in a vision. Now keep in mind that Zenu appears in the shape of a duck. I said "Zenu, I am lost in my direction right now. I feel I am lost, I am headed down the dark road." Zenu told me to put in "Along Came A Spider" in my CD player and my life would suddenly have meaning. So, I forked over $200.00 toward "the cause," and a light appeared above me. I looked up, and it was the lyrics to "Vengeance Is Mine," and right next to the lyrics were angels and it was LITERALLY THE SECOND COMING. Flowers and grass were growing in what were once dead fields, being fertilized by the brilliance of the song. Leprechauns were dancing in the fields, they couldn't have been anymore than 2 feet tall Steven, you should have seen it. Cripples could now walk. The blind could now see. The destitute were now wealthy. And I.. finally had decent taste in music. Tears swept down my face, my heavy heart was no more. Steven... Zenu showed me that "Vengeance Is Mine," is not a bad effort after all. This is when I realized how wrong I was, and I was being lead down a path of heathen destruction had I not come to agree with you.

Zenu also told me that I should buy "Another Cold Beer" by Steven Crayn featured in a Kate Moss Ad.
Me = Winning

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:14 am

WYM, you are a legend :laugh:

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:52 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:If you go to the link and scroll down to look at Hannu30's post July 9th he is pretty scathing about the album, and in the post that followed you wrote
"Ditto Hannu"

So where did I say that I "hate" the album or that I "like" Vengeance?
So what?
Yes, but that does not equal me saying that I "hate the album."
I realize? Why.. why yes Steven. Why tonight I was at my semi weekly spiratural meeting, and went into a very deep thought. Suddenly, the spirit of Zenu, The Patron Saint of Music, appeared to me in a vision. Now keep in mind that Zenu appears in the shape of a duck. I said "Zenu, I am lost in my direction right now. I feel I am lost, I am headed down the dark road." Zenu told me to put in "Along Came A Spider" in my CD player and my life would suddenly have meaning. So, I forked over $200.00 toward "the cause," and a light appeared above me. I looked up, and it was the lyrics to "Vengeance Is Mine," and right next to the lyrics were angels and it was LITERALLY THE SECOND COMING. Flowers and grass were growing in what were once dead fields, being fertilized by the brilliance of the song. Leprechauns were dancing in the fields, they couldn't have been anymore than 2 feet tall Steven, you should have seen it. Cripples could now walk. The blind could now see. The destitute were now wealthy. And I.. finally had decent taste in music. Tears swept down my face, my heavy heart was no more. Steven... Zenu showed me that "Vengeance Is Mine," is not a bad effort after all. This is when I realized how wrong I was, and I was being lead down a path of heathen destruction had I not come to agree with you.

Zenu also told me that I should buy "Another Cold Beer" by Steven Crayn featured in a Kate Moss Ad.
Your pseudo-intellectual off topic diverson came as no surprise :evil:

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:54 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:WYM, you are a legend :laugh:
Great minds think alike :evil:

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:42 am

It's time for some love and peace on here.

I'm taking the stake out of the heart of the love generation

I played this song at a pub a few months ago, what a great message

"Give me love
Give me love
Give me peace on earth
Give me light
Give me life
Keep me free from birth
Give me hope
Help me cope, with this heavy load
Trying to, touch and reach you with,
heart and soul

OM M M M M M M M M M M M M M
M M M My Lord . . .

PLEASE take hold of my hand, that
I might understand you

Won't you please
Oh won't you

Give me love
Give me love
Give me peace on earth
Give me light
Give me life
Keep me free from birth
Give me hope
Help me cope, with this heavy load
Trying to, touch and reach you with,
heart and soul

OM M M M M M M M M M M M M M
M M M My Lord . . .

PLEASE take hold of my hand, that
I might understand you"

George Harrison what a guy, and he gave Alice a gift that he still wears, a ring.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:17 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:
[quote] I realize? Why.. why yes Steven. Why tonight I was at my semi weekly spiratural meeting, and went into a very deep thought. Suddenly, the spirit of Zenu, The Patron Saint of Music, appeared to me in a vision. Now keep in mind that Zenu appears in the shape of a duck. I said "Zenu, I am lost in my direction right now. I feel I am lost, I am headed down the dark road." Zenu told me to put in "Along Came A Spider" in my CD player and my life would suddenly have meaning. So, I forked over $200.00 toward "the cause," and a light appeared above me. I looked up, and it was the lyrics to "Vengeance Is Mine," and right next to the lyrics were angels and it was LITERALLY THE SECOND COMING. Flowers and grass were growing in what were once dead fields, being fertilized by the brilliance of the song. Leprechauns were dancing in the fields, they couldn't have been anymore than 2 feet tall Steven, you should have seen it. Cripples could now walk. The blind could now see. The destitute were now wealthy. And I.. finally had decent taste in music. Tears swept down my face, my heavy heart was no more. Steven... Zenu showed me that "Vengeance Is Mine," is not a bad effort after all. This is when I realized how wrong I was, and I was being lead down a path of heathen destruction had I not come to agree with you. [quote]

Glad Zenu made you see the light on ACAS :clap:

:rotfl:

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:44 am

In my opinion, probably the best Alice Cooper music video in a long time.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:56 pm

Voodoo Revolution wrote:In my opinion, probably the best Alice Cooper music video in a long time.
Totally agree Alice is back to his best

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:06 pm

All up the clip evokes a cool cooperish twisted visual experience , but the overall weak tunes are the missing link , and let the whole experience down .

I still think the album had so much potential but to me it has been let down by poor leadership or lack of funds , time restraints or talent or all of the above .
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:14 pm

criss wrote:I still think the album had so much potential but to me it has been let down by poor leadership or lack of funds , time restraints or talent or all of the above .
explain.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:30 pm

criss wrote:All up the clip evokes a cool cooperish twisted visual experience , but the overall weak tunes are the missing link , and let the whole experience down .

I still think the album had so much potential but to me it has been let down by poor leadership or lack of funds , time restraints or talent or all of the above .
With respect criss I gotta disagree, for the first time in a while I think this album and promotion with things like this film have been handled really well.

I'm not saying it is in the Welcome To My Nightmare league with TV specials and all but I think a lot of credit is due to all involved.

I guess when Alice has raised the bar so high in the past it is hard to meet everyones expectations, but if the film is anything to go by, I think the tour is going to be a real spectacular.

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:33 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
criss wrote:I still think the album had so much potential but to me it has been let down by poor leadership or lack of funds , time restraints or talent or all of the above .
explain.
To my ears the album has some great tunes and lots of sub par filler . So im guessing that poor leadership , lack of funds , time restraints or talent was to blame for all the filler .

Hey maybe the coop and his team love those tunes that i think stink , and plenty of people around here like em and thats cool . So take my view with a grain of salt .

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:47 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
criss wrote:All up the clip evokes a cool cooperish twisted visual experience , but the overall weak tunes are the missing link , and let the whole experience down .

With respect criss I gotta disagree, for the first time in a while I think this album and promotion with things like this film have been handled really well.

I'm not saying it is in the Welcome To My Nightmare league with TV specials and all but I think a lot of credit is due to all involved.

I guess when Alice has raised the bar so high in the past it is hard to meet everyones expectations, but if the film is anything to go by, I think the tour is going to be a real spectacular.
I totaly agree with all of the above Steven

I listen to tunes like salvation , catch me if you can , i am the spider and totaly love em . But to me the rest of the music is very weak . But hey its great to hear new tunes and just because im not totaly digging the album does nt make the album evil or wrong .

And i must say it is great to see plenty of people are digging the entire album .

This is the last time i shall mention the evil album ohh ACAS because i dont want to harp on the negatives and prefer to focus on the positive s of the album .

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:29 pm

criss wrote:So im guessing that poor leadership , lack of funds , time restraints or talent was to blame for all the filler .
Personally, I think a good deal of this comes down to Hampton in the case of this album.

You can still have good songwriting under any of those circumstances though. Many of the great songs in our time were probably written in the back of a garage before a record contract was signed or a manager was hired.
Me = Winning