Vengeance,in touch with & killed by love vid

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

moonshadow
Dada God
Dada God

Post by moonshadow » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:25 am

They have put the links to the vid on the Planet rock news page. 1 person has left a comment;
"Alice this has been done before (from the inside). Very tired looking and VERY bland.Bring back Bob Ezrin!"

I can't get on to make a comment.
Anyone else feel like leaving a comment?
You've got to trust your dreamers heart
Nobody else will tell you when you fall apart.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:38 am

the video is mostly a nod to his FTI album (and only the vengeance segment).it's all one thing,a sequel or another chapter of the same story! it's clearly too deep for that person.
fantastic video,and it makes the album sound all the better to my ears.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:32 am

>all one thing,a sequel or another chapter of the same story!

I doubt it since "From The Inside" is somewhat based on Alice's real life and (we can safely assume) that "Along Came A Spider" isn't.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:29 am

do you agree with the statement made from the other site then?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:38 am

>do you agree with the statement made from the other site then?

No.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:50 pm

Fantastic. Did you notice the person sitting down by the check in desk ? Looks like they are try to catch flies with their hands. Priceless. How I wish this tour incorporated more ACAS songs into the show. It would be so diabolical.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:04 pm

I am not starting to eat flies just to fit in though... I hope that's ok? :8):

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:35 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:But no doubt the usual suspects will come on and give the video, like the album a slagging. ::((:
That's not fair. Yeah I still think what I think of the new album but the new video is one of the best from ANYONE I've seen in years. Definite huge props to all involved, Pigg... I mean Matt and Gabrielle to name a few.
But if you turned the sound down on the video it wouldn't work, just like if you took Bernard Hermanns film scores off Alfred Hitchcock movies.

I know it is hard for the albums detractors to lose face, but deep down inside you know Vengeance Is Mine and Killed By Love are great songs ;)
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:28 pm

I know it is hard for the albums detractors to lose face, but deep down inside you know Vengeance Is Mine and Killed By Love are great songs ;)[/quote]

I agree with your former but not your latter.

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:36 pm

Anyone know if iuts going to be officially released on a DVD ? Is there any way we can burn this to DVD in high quality rather typical youtube quality ?

For the record it is nothing like FTI

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:41 pm

steven_crayn wrote:But if you turned the sound down on the video it wouldn't work, just like if you took Bernard Hermanns film scores off Alfred Hitchcock movies.
Actually, when I watched the video the first time I watched it without any sound since it was at a library, so take that for what it's worth.
Me = Winning

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:53 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:But if you turned the sound down on the video it wouldn't work, just like if you took Bernard Hermanns film scores off Alfred Hitchcock movies.
Actually, when I watched the video the first time I watched it without any sound since it was at a library, so take that for what it's worth.
So when you watched the video with the sound you still don't rate Vengeance Is Mine as a song?
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:05 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
WickedYoungMan wrote:
So when you watched the video with the sound you still don't rate Vengeance Is Mine as a song?
Why are you labouring the point? WYM said he loved the video but isn't a massive fan of the songs - surely that's enough?!

I happen to agree with WYM, the video is absolutely superb. Vengeance Is Mine is probably my favourite track off ACAS. I still think Killed By Love is an awful song though, although it's not as bad as Salvation.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:02 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Why are you labouring the point? WYM said he loved the video but isn't a massive fan of the songs - surely that's enough?!

I happen to agree with WYM, the video is absolutely superb. Vengeance Is Mine is probably my favourite track off ACAS. I still think Killed By Love is an awful song though, although it's not as bad as Salvation.
Agree 100%

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:47 am

Let me start out by saying: this is my opinion...

I loved that video: it was pretty to look at, eerie, vaguely odd and frightening...My sister lives up at what used to be the old Danvers State Hospital (now apartments) and I've been in the Kirkbride building - like it or not: that LONG LONG LONG hallway with the reception desk that Alice got 'wheeled past' sent a shiver up my spine, because: you can 'dress it up' however you want to today, but it STILL looks like a hospital...paint it pretty colors and nail pretty mouldings: it's the Kirkbride, kids...(or in this case: something similar...).

Loved the story...the "2000's Version of Nurse Rozetta", the possibility of her calling for help or calling for help (in his favor...)..the purple car (hey it's PURPLE!), the idea of the blonde "springing him"...the insanity of it all...

Loved it. Got a kick out of him singing that 'love song' to the girl on the autopsy table...facial expressions were priceless..wish they'd release a 'blooper reel'...

I never watched it without music, then again, why would I? I might try it for kicks now...but I loved it.

Good Job by all involved! :clap:

Much Well,

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

Master Shake
Killer
Killer

Post by Master Shake » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:00 pm

I thought it was pretty cool, a lot of nice (perhaps not literally speaking) imagery. Very well done I thought. I cant wait to see what he does with it live although being that eager usually ends in disappointment for me but i never learn :grin:

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:56 pm

Perhaps instead of cutting at the woman on the table, he should have chopped, a spurt of blood could have appeared, a bit more bloody i think.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:
WickedYoungMan wrote:

The question wasn't addressed to you or are you in league with WYM now :laugh:

first you hate the whole album now you like Vengeance ;)

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:31 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:

The question wasn't addressed to you or are you in league with WYM now :laugh:

first you hate the whole album now you like Vengeance ;)
Errr...this is a discussion board Steven, therefore all points made on the board are up for discussion. If you wish to have a discussion solely with WYM then i suggest you do so by PM. You don't seem to discuss things, rather you prefer to slam other peoples opinions and throw in the odd insult for good measure. I have not once slammed you, your music, your experience or your opinions yet you have done all these things to me and others on here and i think now is about the time it should stop.

And once again you twist my words. I have always said that Vengeance is my favourite track off ACAS, i have never said i liked it though! It's the best of a bad bunch basically.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:05 pm

BellaDonna wrote: Loved it. Got a kick out of him singing that 'love song' to the girl on the autopsy table...facial expressions were priceless..wish they'd release a 'blooper reel'...

BD
Actually there is. Or at least there the documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDMBJ8bIL0A

You can see some of the funny moments in there