Alice Is Still Hinting At Re Staging The Nightmare Show

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:17 pm

Would MUCH rather Alice focus his efforts on creating new things, rather than re-creating old material.

He's still got the creativity to make quality new material, and whilst it's always going to be a gamble as to whether you'd like it or not - it's better than living in the past with a reunion tour or some such.

Each album ... or every other album at least is quite fresh. ACAS no exception.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:11 pm

MacQueen wrote:I also believe it would have been the PERFECT time for a revamping of WTMN in 2005 to celebrate it's 30th anniversary.

However, Alice goes off and records the second to worst album of his career. :nono:
Those are two different issues though (and subjective since I thought it was a very good album myself.) He could very well had done both if he wanted to probably (as he did with Constriction/Nightmare Returns.) You could argue that we got somewhat of a WTMN show though anyway since several WTMN songs were featured.

I remember someone on this forum mentioned that Teddy Zigzag said something after a 2004 show about there being "talks" of possibly doing a 30th Anniversary Tour for 2005 but it obviously never came to be.
but you can't really compare since Alice from the 70's and Alice today are different people....so to speak.
Yep.
Me = Winning

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:20 pm

Shit.. Don't let my wife here ya say anything bad about "Dirty Diamonds". She loves that CD.. Lol

Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

Rusty Diamonds
Trash
Trash

WTMN

Post by Rusty Diamonds » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:51 pm

Alice should do the nightmare tour as this was probably his best period for a great stage show with a dramatic story line. The show could still use some of the newer material as it would complete the story, or not! (depending on which way you look at it).

The great thing about Alice is he will always leave you guessing as to who really is the culprit and was there ever one in the first place. I would love to see the character, Steven come to life in a more dramatic way and perhaps Alice could give us the ultimate stage show which would see Steven in his "mindless endless haze".

As we know the Hannibal Lecter saga could still surface on the screen. Alice does this well with Steven...but where will it end up?

I think it would be a tremendous show globally and then perhaps to have a final resting place in LA (London would be nice, but I'm Bias). After all, the fans of Alice would not want to miss out on such a show.

I wake up in the basement I so cold, I'm hungry....................Steven, it's time to go back now...................Come on Alice, give us that show!!!!!!! :8): :clap:
??? Holy smokin' jackets and Former Lee Warner ???

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:23 pm

some great posts on this stream...personally I want to see ACAS live...and the idea of sprinkling a bit of WTMN in sounds fine...all can be tied in...maybe thro his friendship with Tim Rice Alice can get some backing for a decent size production...I think theres a lot can be done on a projection screen to add to live performance in terms of imagery...my wife dragged me along to a Scissor Sisters gig in Sheffield...seemed to be a projection of a chess board but looked like the stage...

I don't think ACAS is as good as BDB but for me...just my opinion its got more meat to it than WTMN album..so I prefer it...Steven is an awesome track though
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

criss
Killer
Killer

Post by criss » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:32 pm

Heres the new intro

Out walks a doctor or creature holding an over size top hat . He throws this into the large toy box from the original show .

Next the doctor holds up an oversize cyclops head for all to see , the crowd goes wild he throws this into the box.

He continues throwing other bits related to the coops nightmare into the box .

Finaly after a build up two spiders drag the coop kicking and screaming from the crate .

Welcome to my nightmare 2010 starts , a new legend is born .

If the coop did re do WTMN it could be a huge hit .

People know of the legend that was the nightmare tour , and many would want to see and be apart of this legend even a re hashed version . spiders , skeletons and cyclops oh my , spiders , skeletons and cyclops oh my
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:58 pm

I can see elements of Welcome To My Nightmare being incorporated into the ACAS show, the Spiders Web for instance and Black Widow are bound to feature.

Possible set list

Prologue
Welcome To My Nightmare
I Know Where You Live
No More Mister Nice Guy
Vengeance Is Mine
I'm Eighteen
Billion Dollar Babies
Years Ago
Steven
Catch Me If You Can
(In Touch With) Your Feminine Side
Cold Ethyl
Feed My Frankenstein
I'm Hungry
Wrapped In Silk
Devils Food/Black Widow (featuring guitar battle)
Only Women/Killed By Love Medley
The One That Got Away
Halo Of Flies(with drum solo) /Ballad Of Dwight Fry Medley
I Am The Spider
Killer/I Love The Dead Medley
Escape
Schools Out
Poison
Under My Wheels/Elected Medley
Epilogue
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:47 pm

Good set list Steven. I think it would be a great show. :laugh:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:46 pm

I'm just hoping that if they do restage the Nightmare Show they choose leave the red leotard at home. Looked great back then but I don't think he could pull it off now. :p
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:57 pm

I hope he does, nest year going to see him anyway, but after what has been said I'm really looking for an nightmare show.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:38 pm

I hope he does a short tour for ACAS to get the songs out of his system.

Then i hope he never plays any of them again and does a classic Nightmate tour.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:59 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:I hope he does a short tour for ACAS to get the songs out of his system.

That would be a retrograde step, the last thing Alice would want would be to become a Chuck Berry type figure just playing the old hits and not releasing new material.

Even if you don't like the new album, at least Alice is still releasing new material and putting it in his shows.

I don't think ACAS will be a short tour and I do think the album figures could rise significantly with the ACAS tour.
That is, as much as you can expect it to sell with record sales falling since illegal downloading damaged the music industry.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:25 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:I hope he does a short tour for ACAS to get the songs out of his system.

That would be a retrograde step, the last thing Alice would want would be to become a Chuck Berry type figure just playing the old hits and not releasing new material.

Even if you don't like the new album, at least Alice is still releasing new material and putting it in his shows.

I don't think ACAS will be a short tour and I do think the album figures could rise significantly with the ACAS tour.
That is, as much as you can expect it to sell with record sales falling since illegal downloading damaged the music industry.
How do you know what Alice wants to do?

I have nothing against Alice playing new material, i'm just disappointed that the album fell well short of what i was expecting and/or hoping for. I just have no wish to hear Alice perform any of the songs, and believe me, i have tried SO hard to get into ACAS. Try as I might, i just can't find anything on that record that i enjoy.

And illegal downloading has not 'damaged' the industry, it has simply forced the industry to adapt. Record companies are now putting their efforts into the live-music arena and are increasingly incorporating merchandising aspects to their artists contracts. I wish people would stop throwing these comments around, illegal downloading is simply a progression and the sooner you and the industry accept that the sooner we can all learn to work and profit by it.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:38 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote: And illegal downloading has not 'damaged' the industry, it has simply forced the industry to adapt. Record companies are now putting their efforts into the live-music arena and are increasingly incorporating merchandising aspects to their artists contracts. I wish people would stop throwing these comments around, illegal downloading is simply a progression and the sooner you and the industry accept that the sooner we can all learn to work and profit by it.
The illegal downloading has definitely damaged the industry. Thousands of people have lost their jobs and many record stores have been forced to close down. The record companies have put their efforts in other areas because they had no choice and are desperate to survive. The illegal downloading was not simply a "progression" of the industry, it caused profits to be a fraction of what they once were.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:40 pm

steven_crayn wrote: That would be a retrograde step, the last thing Alice would want would be to become a Chuck Berry type figure just playing the old hits and not releasing new material.

Excellent point, Steven.

blackwidow2008
Trash
Trash

Post by blackwidow2008 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:02 pm

glamprincess wrote:
steven_crayn wrote: That would be a retrograde step, the last thing Alice would want would be to become a Chuck Berry type figure just playing the old hits and not releasing new material.

Excellent point, Steven.
Can I join you both and agree?!

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:29 pm

blackwidow2008 wrote:
Can I join you both and agree?!
You most certainly can! :)

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:44 pm

glamprincess wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote: And illegal downloading has not 'damaged' the industry, it has simply forced the industry to adapt. Record companies are now putting their efforts into the live-music arena and are increasingly incorporating merchandising aspects to their artists contracts. I wish people would stop throwing these comments around, illegal downloading is simply a progression and the sooner you and the industry accept that the sooner we can all learn to work and profit by it.
The illegal downloading has definitely damaged the industry. Thousands of people have lost their jobs and many record stores have been forced to close down. The record companies have put their efforts in other areas because they had no choice and are desperate to survive. The illegal downloading was not simply a "progression" of the industry, it caused profits to be a fraction of what they once were.
Thousands of people lost their jobs because they were too slow and naive to react sooner. Blaming progression and technology is ridiculous. The record companies had plenty of time to adapt their business models, to the most extent they only have themselves to blame.

The clever ones (and there are many) saw this coming a mile off and changed their business to cope with it.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:57 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:
Thousands of people lost their jobs because they were too slow and naive to react sooner. Blaming progression and technology is ridiculous. The record companies had plenty of time to adapt their business models, to the most extent they only have themselves to blame.
I agree that the record industry was way too slow to react. But we weren't assigning blame, Steven and I were merely pointing out that the record industry has had major profit reduction.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:18 am

[quote]And illegal downloading has not 'damaged' the industry, it has simply forced the industry to adapt. Record companies are now putting their efforts into the live-music arena and are increasingly incorporating merchandising aspects to their artists contracts. I wish people would stop throwing these comments around, illegal downloading is simply a progression and the sooner you and the industry accept that the sooner we can all learn to work and profit by it.[/quote]

Good point ... however the industry wouldn't need to adapt unless it was being damaged.
Not that damage is necessarily a bad thing for music lovers, thanks to it there's a whole lot of free music out there to listen to from the top bands ... alot of it legally.[/quote]